Win a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to name an iconic Queensland rescue helicopter and spend the day as an #RACQ LifeFlight Rescue crew member. To enter, text your suggestion + full name to 0400 858 858.
10 lucky runner ups will go home with an amazing weekend getaway prize.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By participating in the RACQ LifeFlight Rescue name our rescue helicopter (Competition) in Queensland, Australia, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. This competition ("Competition") is conducted by LifeFlight Australia ABN 45010316462 trading as LifeFlight (“the Promoter”), of 32 Edward Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000.
2. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions. Information on how to enter forms part of these terms of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. The Competition will be promoted on the Promoter’s website www.LifeFlight.org.au
and all of LifeFlight’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin), LifeFlight’s edms, Ekka communication channels (social media, edms, print collateral), press releases, corporate partners channels, local newspaper advertisements, the LifeFlight Call Centre, through community Facebook pages, internal email signature, Fundraising direct mail pieces, flyers, signage and other print collateral.
4. The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Queensland residents aged 18-90 years at time of entry and; (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition ("Eligible Entrant"). For the purposes of these terms and conditions, an “eligible entrant” is a person who has complied with these terms and conditions.
5. The competition entry commences at 00:01 on 23 July 2019 and closes at 23:59 on 20 August 2019 ("Entry Period"). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Brisbane Time.
This is a game of skill and each entry will be individually judged based on appropriateness of name, originality and relevance as deemed by the judges. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. To enter the competition, an eligible entrant must, during the entry period text 0400 858 858, send their suggested helicopter name and their full name to go into the draw and win the chance to name a rescue helicopter for 12 months. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
7. It is a condition of entry that eligible entrants consent to receive LifeFlight marketing communications and do not opt out during the entry period.
8. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name. No limit on the amount of entries that can be made. To enter the competition the entrant must fill their details out in full and comply with the terms and conditions.
9. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 6 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
10. Cost of entry via text message will be at the expense of the entrant. Any costs incurred to enter is at the cost of the entrant not the promoter.
11. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
14. All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The winner as determined by the judges in their sole discretion will be announced draw will be held at 12:00 on 26th of August 2019 at 32 Edward Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000 and announced on LifeFlight’s Facebook page. The winner will be called and notified prior to public knowledge.
15. There is one prize to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the prize. The prize is to name a rescue helicopter for 12 months with an approved name. The prize is valued at $20,000 AUS worth of branding. The prize winner will also be granted the opportunity to experience a day as an RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter crew member, including a visit to a local base, tour of the facilities and one (1) helicopter flight. Ten runner up winners will also win a 2-night accommodation voucher from Alcyone Hotel, valued at $4,180 AUS.
16. The helicopter naming is subject to approval and is at the discretion of LifeFlight Australia Ltd for approval of the name prior to announcing the winner and name for the helicopter.
17. All components of the prize must be taken together and when offered or will be forfeited. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with other travel discounts or special offers, and frequent flyer points will not be accrued.
18. The name of the helicopter must be provided on registration of the competition on the registration form to be eligible.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
19. The total prize pool is valued at up to $24,180 AUD including GST. A prize value is the recommended sponsorship value as provided by the relevant partners and sponsors on the current helicopter. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in a prize’s value due to exchange rate changes or otherwise.
20. Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner. This includes but is not limited to travel costs to and from the points of departure, taxes, insurance, spending money and any other ancillary costs unless otherwise stated in these terms and conditions.
21. No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by helicopter trip operator, voucher supplier, event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behaviour, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
22. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authority, where required. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of prize) is unavailable for any reason.
23. Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize including cash, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
24. The winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the draw by a phone call and email, using the details provided in their entry.
25. The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
26. The prize(s) will only be awarded:
a) if the winner has satisfied the terms and conditions
b) following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion including but not limited to the matter in a) immediately above.
27. The name of the winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published at lifeflight.org.au/helicomp, on Thursday 26th of August 2019 for a minimum period of 28 days.
28. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner on or before 27th of August 2019; or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at midday on the 29th of August 2019 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable).
29. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
30. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
31. All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
32. A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner.
33. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") are excluded from all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law. The Promoter may request that a winner signs and returns a deed of release to this effect as a condition of a prize being awarded. If a winner fails to sign and return such release, they may forfeit the prize.
34. The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding winning a prize, free of charge, and consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in promotional material in any media at any time without notification or compensation, financial or otherwise.
35. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this Competition, and acknowledges that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
36. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple Inc is not a sponsor of this Competition and is not involved in the Competition in any way.