Tell us in 25 words or fewer why you want to meet South Africa?
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or older.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences 7:00am AEST on 31/08/19 and closes 11:59pm AEST on 15/09/19 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visit www.todayshow.com.au
, locate the promotional entry form, complete all requested details including full name, contact number, a valid and current email address, postcode, and tell us in 25 words or fewer why they want to meet South Africa and submit the completed form.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The judging will take place at 24 Artarmon Road, Willoughby NSW 2068 on 02/09/19 at 10:00am AEST. The judges may select additional reserve entries that they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The winners will be notified by telephone and email.
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer to the promotional question provided by each entrant.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The one (1) best entry deemed by the Promoter will be the winner and will a trip to South Africa. The prize includes:
• 2 x return airfares from winner’s nearest capital city to South Africa
• 2 x nights accommodation in Cape Town
• 1 x night accommodation in Winelands
• 2 x nights accommodation in Johannesburg
• 2 x nights safari
• Airport/hotel transfers
• Daily breakfast
Total prize valued at up to $15,000 (depending on winner’s departure point)
14. Prize must be taken by 30th August 2020. Prize cannot be taken between 18 December 2019 and 6 January 2020. It is the winner’s responsibility to book flights to their nearest capital city if necessary. Spending money, meals, insurance, taxes, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken on the date specified above, subject to booking and availability.
15. The Prize/s cannot be exchanged for cash or transferred to another sail date. The Prize must be redeemed by the prize winner and cannot be transferred to another name/s.
16. The Prize winners and their travel companion must travel together. Meals and Transfer fees (unless outlined above), tips, travel to and from departure point and any other personal expenses and travel insurances must be paid for and organised by the winner and their companion.
17. If for any reason the winner is unable to accept the Prize as stated for the dates indicated, the winner will forfeit the Prize and no compensation will be given in lieu.
18. Personal purchases on board the ship (e.g. beverages, spa, shopping, Casino) are at the Prize Winner’s expense. The prize also does not include travel insurance, shore excursions or anything else purchased on board including but not limited to passports, visas, vaccinations and other spending money. These costs must be covered by the Winner.
19. It is the winner and their travel companion’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel and health documentation and all other things necessary to enable the winner and travel companion to travel on the Prize. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the winner and their travel companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. The Promoters standard terms and conditions will apply as between the winner and travel companion during the cruise comprising the Prize.
20. All choice of hotels and airlines are the discretion of the Prize Sponsor.
21. The prize is valid for two passengers and any additional passengers are subject to the prevailing standard fare for the selected cruise date at the time of making the booking. The value of the cruise fare is based on the lead-in Balcony stateroom and any upgrades requested will be at the passengers’ own expense (the upgrade cost will be based on pricing available at the time of the upgrade request minus the value of prize). The prize is not transferrable to any other ship, cruise or date.
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify the prize.
23. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
24. Each entrant warrants that their entry is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image, video and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
27. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) if the cruise is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; or (g) use of a prize.
33. The Promoter is Nine Network Australia Pty Limited, ABN 88 008 685 407 of 24 Artarmon Rd, Willoughby, NSW 2068. You can contact the Promoter in relation to the promotion by mail to this address or by telephone to (02) 9906 9999.