https://www.escape.com.au/win/win-two-days-of-glamour-and-luxury-at-the-pacific-fair-magic-millions-polo/news-story/e3b8f7be6679f182acfda07552562cf1Answer in 25 words or less to the question - Why do you want to attend the Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo?”
The prize must be taken by Saturday January 5 and Sunday January 6, 2020
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – MAGIC MILLIONS
1. The Promoter is Nationwide News Pty Ltd (ABN: 98 008 438 828) of 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010. Telephone number 9288 3000.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
WHO CAN ENTER
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
5. AGE RESTRICTION: Entrants into this competition must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
WHEN TO ENTER
7. The competition commences on Thursday November 28, 2019 at 9:00am AEDT and concludes on Thursday December 12, 2019 at 11:55pm AEDT. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
10. Entrants may enter the competition ONLINE by:
● Logging onto escape.com.au/win and registering their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, post code, telephone number, e-mail address, and answer in 25 words or less to the question “Why do you want to attend the Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo?” to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider. The most creative answer will win.
11. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work.
If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing);
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
12. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
NUMBER OF ENTRIES PERMITTED
14. ONE PRIZE PER PERSON: Only one entry per person. Only one prize will be awarded.
DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER
15. The winner will be the valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by the Magic Millions team to be the most creative answer at 11:00am on Friday December 13, 2019 at 28 Ascot Ct, Bundall, QLD 4217.
This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
16. If any particular determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the determination will be take place on the following business day.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
18. The winner will be notified by telephone or email within two days of being determined. Winner will be published on escape.com.au/win on Wednesday December 17, 2019.
19. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
20. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
21. UNCLAIMED PRIZES: If the winner has not claimed the prize by 9:00am AEDT on Friday December 20, 2019 then he or she will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by Magic Millions Polo to be the next most creative at 10:00am AEDT on Friday December 20, 2019 at 28 Ascot CT, Bundall, QLD 4217. The winner of the unclaimed prize will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the date on which they are judged to be the unclaimed prize winner. Winner of prizes valued over $250 will be published on escape.com.au/win within 14 days of the date on which they are judged to be the unclaimed prize winner.
PRIZE ON OFFER
22. Total prize pool value is up to $4,045 (including GST) as at Friday November 8, 2019. ONE winner will receive:
– 2 x return airfares flying from their nearest capital city to the Gold Coast on a
Virgin Australia flight
– VIP transfer service for airport travel on the Gold Coast, and to Pacific Fair
Magic Millions Polo
– A personalised VIP shopping experience with Pacific Fair’s stylist Bec Purcell
to create a personalised tailored look
– $300 Pacific Fair Gift Card to shop at any of the 400 Pacific Fair stores
– 2 x tickets to the VIP marquee at the Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo on Sunday
January 5, 2020
– 2 x nights of twinshare accommodation at The Star Gold Coast in a Superior
King Deluxe Room including breakfast for two. Check in on Saturday January
5, 2020 and check out on Monday January 6, 2020.
– $300 gift card for The Star
23. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
24. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
25. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
26. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements
27. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
28. PRIZE EXPIRY DATE: Prize must be taken on Saturday January 5 and Sunday January 6, 2020. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
29. Flight portion of the prize is not available to the winner if they reside in the same state of the prize event.
30. EVENT TICKETS: Event tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
31. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses.
The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
32. The winner (and their companion) are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
33. The winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth). (If the winner is from Tasmania, ACT or NT connecting flights from these cities to the nearest flight departure capital city will be included in the prize package for the winner and travelling companion only – if applicable). If the winner resides in Queensland then the flight component of the prize will not be included and the winner and their travelling companion will responsible for making their way to and from The Star Gold Coast.
34. The prize must be taken by Saturday January 5 and Sunday January 6, 2020 and is subject to hotel and flight availability. The prize is not available during peak times such as public holidays and school holidays (if applicable) and cannot be changed once the booking has been made. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
35. The prize is for the specified dates of the event only. If the winner (for whatever reason) is unable to travel or does not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the major prize. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties about the attendance at the event of any individuals or groups involved in the marketing of the event.