Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Tuesday 19 March 2024, 09:11:53 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,706 comps and freebies worth over $23,311,246.84 listed

That's over twenty three million, three hundred and eleven thousand, two hundred and fourty six dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014033 Total Posts (443866 Searchable Posts) in 296301 Topics by 41481 Members
Latest Member: twitterby
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win tickets to Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street - Sydney - subs - 25wol
Entry Details
  • Scream, Queen tix Sydney NSW     Closing Date: Wednesday 12 February 2020

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Entertainment 
Prizes may include Movie & Concert Tickets, Prize Packs, Passes, Cds, DVDs ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win tickets to Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street - Sydney - subs - 25wol  (Read 212 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
culturebird
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

« : Friday 07 February 2020, 05:38:44 am »
Go Up

In 1985, Wes Craven’s unforgettable classic A Nightmare on Elm Street was followed up with Freddy’s Revenge, which quickly earned infamy as ‘the gayest horror film ever made’.

Despite performing well at the box office, the film was maligned by critics and horror fans due to its apparent gay subtext and homoerotic imagery. Mark Patton, the film’s leading man became a scapegoat for the film’s failure. In Reagan era USA, against the backdrop of the AIDS epidemic, Patton endured relentless ridicule for his ‘gay’ performance, and with his promising career derailed, Patton left Hollywood. Over the course of the next thirty years, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2 has found a passionate fanbase in the queer horror movie community.

Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street explores the once maligned sequel’s subsequent cult status, its firm place in the pantheon of queer horror, and traces Patton’s defiant return to Tinseltown to embrace his legacy as horror cinema’s first gay male scream queen.

Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm St screens at Sydney’s Mardi Gras Film Festival at 8.30pm on Tuesday, February 18, and we have 3 double passes up for grabs for ClubInk members (if you’re not a member, it’s easy, join here and get a double pass to our movie of the month every month during course of your membership, plus enter comps such as this!). Simply email competitions@filmink.com.au with your fave queer film, and why you love it. Most creative entries win!

https://www.filmink.com.au/clubink-members-win-tix-scream-queen-nightmare-elm-st/
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0109 seconds with 8 queries.
Tuesday 19 March 2024, 09:11:53 pm from 54.225.1.66