WIN 1 OF 4 $5,000 ROAD TRIPS WITH APOLLO
Eager to explore in your own backyard? Here’s your chance! From breathtaking coastlines to the iconic Aussie outback, create your own adventure and travel at your own pace in your Apollo campervan, motorhome or 4WD. Four $5,000 Apollo rental vouchers to be won.
Enter your details below for your chance to win!
Competition commences on 21 February and concludes on 15 March.http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/competitions/win-an-unforgettable-aussie-adventure/news-story/e30b18d233976b5642277932a3b5b5a4
**One entry per person**
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
• The Promoter is Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd trading as News Queensland (ABN 61 009 661 778) of Cnr Mayne Road and Campbell Street Bowen Hills QLD 4006 Telephone number 1300 696 397.
• Authorised under NSW Permit no. LTPS/19/41145
• InformaRon on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the compeRRon is deemed acceptance of these terms and condiRons.
• The Prize Supplier is Apollo Motorhome Holidays (ABN 81 051 584 153). All promoRon enquiries should be directed to the Promoter and not to the prize supplier.
• If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and CondiRons and anything else that refers to this compeRRon, these Terms and CondiRons will prevail.
Who can enter
• Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adopRon), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
• Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry in order to be eligible to enter the compeRRon.
• The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of idenRty, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registraRon ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of idenRficaRon, residency and entry considered suitable for verificaRon is at the discreRon of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no subsRtute will be offered.
When to enter
• The compeRRon commences on 21/02/2020 at 00:01am AEST and concludes on 15/03/2020 at 11:59pm AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the compeRRon close date and Rme.
• The Rme of entry will in each case be the Rme the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the Rme of transmission by the entrant.
• The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disrupRons, network congesRon or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generaRon and not aaributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
• To enter, individuals must visit a website listed in the table below, follow the prompts to the promoRon entry page, entrants must register their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, post code, telephone number, email address and code-word / subscripRon number (if required) to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promoRonal website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
Participating Newspapers are as follows:
The Sunday Mail
Cairns Post www.cairnspost.com.au/compeRRons
NT News www.ntnews.com.au/compeRRons
Gold Coast BulleRn
Townsville BulleRn www.townsvillebulleRn.com.au/compeRRons
Daily Mercury www.dailymercury.com.au/compeRRons/
The Morning BulleRn
The Observer www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/compeRRons/
Fraser Coast Chronicle www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/compeRRons/
Sunshine Coast Daily
The Chronicle www.thechronicle.com.au/compeRRons/
The Gympie Times
The Queensland Times
Warwick Daily News www.warwickdailynews.com.au/compeRRons/
The Daily Examiner
Coffs Coast Advocate
Tweed Daily News
Whitsunday Times www.whitsundayRmes.com.au/compeRRons/
South Burnett Times
• Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and condiRons. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connecRon with their entry into the PromoRon. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s saRsfacRon, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discreRon, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
• any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
• any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potenRally insulRng, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objecRonable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitaRon, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
• any literary, dramaRc, musical or arRsRc work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is enRtled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and condiRons.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
• Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
• The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and condiRons or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the PromoRon which is fraudulent, misleading, decepRve or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputaRon of the PromoRon and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using mulRple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or mulRple purchases.
Number of Entries permiAed
• Only one entry per person. Only one prize will be awarded per winner.
Draw and No-fica-on of winner
• The winners will be the first valid entry submiaed in accordance with these terms and condiRons that is drawn by The Promoter by random computer selecRon at 3:00pm AEST on 17/03/2020 at Cnr Mayne Road & Campbell Street Bowen Hills QLD 4006 or where the total prize pool value is above $10,000 - The prize draw will take place at Engage Australia, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000. The winners will be the first valid entries submiaed in accordance with these terms and condiRons that is drawn by random computer selecRon.
• If any parRcular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
• The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the compeRRon result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connecRon with the PromoRon.
• The winner/s will be noRfied by telephone or email within two days of the draw. Winner/s of prizes will be published online.
• Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
• Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promoRonal period, it is the entrant's responsibility to noRfy the Promoter. A request to access or modify any informaRon provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
• Individual prize value is up to $5,000 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $20,000 (including GST) as at 20 December 2019. Four winners will receive:
• 1 x Apollo Motorhome Holidays Voucher to the value of $5,000 towards a Road Trip with Apollo Motorhome Holidays. Prize must be taken by 4 December, 2020.
• Rental voucher can be used towards: Daily motorhome rental hire of an Apollo branded vehicle, Liability ReducRon OpRon 2 (VIP cover), up to 6 camp chairs , up to 2 camp tables, toilet chemicals, one way fees, extended roadside assistance , gas refill fee, taxes, GPS, drop n go service, baby and/or booster seat if required.
• Bond not included - $250.00 authorizaRon required on credit card with Liability ReducRon OpRon 2 as per rental terms and condiRons.
• Voucher up to $5,000 for one motorhome holiday - any unused amount is forfeit. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Rates are based on standard flex. Offer cannot be combined with any other promoRonal offer or discount (early bird and long hire discounts). Vehicle availability is subject to change. Standard Apollo Motorhome Rental Terms and CondiRons apply to this Rental. Prize rental cannot be booked online or through a travel agent- must be booked directly with Apollo reservaRons team. Liability/bond not included and is payable by prize winner. Other opRonal extras not included in the above are payable by the winner.
• Blackout dates: V8 Supercars Bathurst Weekend, Moto GP Phillip Island weekend and Splendour in the Grass FesRval weekends 2020, and 10 April – 15 April 2020.
Valid for hire from all Australian Apollo branches except Broome. Govt taxes, tolls and credit card fees not included.
• Travel to and from the Apollo branch (pick up and drop off) is at the winner’s expense.
• Please see the prize condiRons provided by promoter PLUS the Apollo rental terms and condiRons available at hap://www.apollocamper.com/campervan-hire-condiRons.aspx
• Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the Rme of first publicaRon of these Terms and CondiRons (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ulRmate prize redempRon date.
• Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implicaRons may arise as a result of accepRng the prize.
• Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
• It is a condiRon of accepRng the prize that the winner must comply with all the condiRons of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such condiRons with the prize supplier or other relevant third parRes.
• It is a condiRon of accepRng the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discreRon.
• All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisaRon, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discreRon of the Promoter.
• Prize must be taken by 1 July 2020. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the Rme sRpulated, then the enRre prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
• The prize is for the specified dates of the event only. If the winner (for whatever reason) is unable to travel or does not take an element of the prize within the Rme sRpulated by the Promoter then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the major
prize. The Promoter makes no representaRons or warranRes about the aaendance at the event of any individuals or groups involved in the markeRng of the event.
• Vouchers are subject to the terms and condiRons imposed by the voucher provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
• The winners and their companions are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, acRviRes (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuiRes, services charges, passports, visas, petrol, tolls, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the addiRonal costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companions are fit to travel and have received appropriate health checks prior to taking the prize.
• The winner must comply with all Apollo Motorhome Holidays rental agreements at the Rme of the vehicle hire, including but not limited to:
• Drivers must be 21 years of age and have held a full driver’s license for a minimum of 2 years.
• Each entrant must have a valid credit card to enter.
• Availability of prize is subject to change. Availability is based on seasonality and locaRon.
• Blackout dates apply:
V8 Supercars Bathurst Weekend, Moto GP Phillip Island weekend and Splendour in the Grass
FesRval weekends 2020, and 10 April – 15 April 2020.
• Standard rental terms and condiRons apply and are subject to change without noRce – see
• This free rental is subject to approval by Apollo at all Rmes. There are areas of exclusion for
liability cover outlined in hap://www.apollocamper.com/campervan-hire-condiRons.aspx. By
entering this compeRRon winners acknowledge and accept areas of exclusion.
• Travel is to be taken by 4 December 2020. MulRple bookings will not be allowed. If the
winner does not use the full AU$5,000 in one booking no credit is given.
• Up to one booking amendment is granted – subject to availability as per terms and
condiRons. If booking is not use before expiry date prize is forfeit.
• See the rental terms and condiRons for informaRon on areas covered under VIP/Liability
ReducRon OpRon 2 and for areas listed as “your own responsibility”.
• Valid for hire to/from the following Apollo Australian branches only: Cairns, Darwin, Brisbane,
Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Hobart, Alice Springs and Adelaide.
• Winners give permission for photos and/or quotes of/from them to be uRlized by Apollo
Motorhome Holidays for promoRonal purposes, across all mediums including: online, press
and social media.
• It is the winner's personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentaRon and a
full Driver’s Licence at the Rme of the hire. Any fines, penalRes, payments or expenditures incurred during the hire period or as a result of such documents being obtained or not meeRng the requirements of those authoriRes will be the sole responsibility of the winner. If the licence is not wriaen in English a full authorized translaRon as well as InternaRonal licence is needed.
• The nominated winner will be required to cover incidentals including petrol, holiday/travel insurance, visas and passports etc that are not included in the prize. Comprehensive insurance, addiRonal opRons and all ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. Unless expressly stated in these terms and condiRons all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner. Apollo Motorhome Holidays recommends addiRonal travel insurance when using the prize.
• Apollo Motorhome Holidays and companies associated with this promoRon will take no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in transit.
• Apollo Motorhome Holidays can vary these terms and condiRons at any Rme and will take effect upon publishing on any Apollo Motorhome Holiday websites.
• In the event that the vehicle is involved in an accident or damaged in any way, an Accident/ Damage Report in the form required by Apollo Motorhome Holidays must be completed and forwarded to the Apollo Motorhome Holidays branch that the vehicle was collected from within 24 hours of the damage occurring. Repairs to the vehicle are not to be undertaken without the wriaen consent of Apollo Motorhome Holidays or its appointed assessor.
• Apollo Motorhome Holidays retains the Rtle to the vehicle and the winner must not purport
to sell, pledge, mortgage, lend, transfer, or in any way encumber the vehicle. All costs relaRng to insurance, registraRon, service, repairs, etc, of the vehicle will be borne by Apollo Motorhome Holidays except for the following items which the winner will be responsible for including but not limited to any negligent act performed by the driver or passengers involving the said vehicle: any loss or damage caused to, or by, the vehicle should the winner (or driver) be intoxicated or under the influence of medicaRon or drugs whilst in control of the said vehicle: or any fines or penalRes incurred for traffic infringements whilst the vehicle is in the custody and control of the winner (or nominated driver). The winner is to return the car to Apollo Motorhome Holidays immediately upon compleRon of the loan period and if the winner fails to do this, Apollo Motorhome Holidays is irrevocably authorised to enter any premises in which they believe the vehicle to be situated and take possession of and remove the vehicle.
• The winner will be responsible for, including but not limited to any negligent act performed by the driver or passengers involving the said vehicle: any loss or damage caused to, or by, the vehicle should the winner (or driver) be intoxicated or under the influence of medicaRon or drugs whilst in control of the said vehicle: or any fines or penalRes incurred for traffic infringements whilst the vehicle is in the custody and control of the winner (or nominated driver). The driver of the vehicle must have a current Australian State or Territory license (which is not under suspension or cancellaRon) as at the date on which the winner (or companion) is to drive the vehicle.
Further Terms and Condi-ons
• Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislaRon, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this compeRRon if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administraRon security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the compeRRon. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this compeRRon.
• The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interrupRon, deleRon, defect, delay in operaRon or transmission, communicaRons line failure, ther or destrucRon or unauthorised access to, or alteraRon of entries, and reserves the right to take any acRon that may be available.
• If for any reason this compeRRon is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitaRon) due to infecRon by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervenRon, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discreRon take any acRon that may be available, and (without limitaRon) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the compeRRon, subject to any direcRon given under State RegulaRon.
• Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promoRonal website. Access to that site is dependent on the Internet service provider.
• Any entrant found to be using any form of sorware or third party applicaRon to enter mulRple Rmes (including scripRng sorware) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discreRon to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentaRon it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentaRon to the Promoter upon request.
• An entrant may not use a third party (including online compeRRon entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has
already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discreRon to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentaRon it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentaRon to the Promoter upon request.
• If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to subsRtute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislaRon. It is a condiRon of accepRng the prize that the winner must comply with all the condiRons of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensaRon will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
• The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by compeRRon entrants. If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
• The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to saRsfy these terms and condiRons.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
• In consideraRon for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s parRcipaRon in the prize to appear in connecRon with the Promoter or News Limited publicaRons or the adverRsing or markeRng thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be enRtled to any fee for such use.
• The Promoter acknowledges that the entrant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submiaed to the Promoter in connecRon with the entrant’s entry or parRcipaRon in any aspect of the prize (Works). The entrant hereby grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to use the Works (including modifying, adapRng or publishing the Works, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all). The entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither the entrant nor any third party shall be enRtled to any fee, royalty or other consideraRon in respect of such licence. If the entrant holds, now, or at any Rme in the future, any so called “droit moral” or moral rights in connecRon with the Works, the entrant uncondiRonally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of the Promoter and all of its assignees, licensees and sub licensees to material alteraRons to the Works (including, without limitaRon, any copying, ediRng, adding to, taking from, adapRng and/or translaRng the Works, in any manner or context) for any purpose, notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the Works for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
• In the case of the intervenRon of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the compeRRon on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and condiRons, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discreRon cancel the compeRRon and recommence it from the start on the same condiRons, subject to any direcRons given under State RegulaRon.
• The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the CompeRRon and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permiaed by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to
indirect or consequenRal loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connecRon with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate informaRon, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or uRlised in this compeRRon, or for any technical error, or any combinaRon thereof that may occur in the course of the administraRon of this compeRRon including any omission, interrupRon, deleRon, defect, delay in operaRon or transmission, communicaRons line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, ther or destrucRon or unauthorised access to or alteraRon of entries.
• The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discreRon to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these condiRons, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promoRon. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensaRon from such an offender are reserved.
• All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the excepRon of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal informaRon about you for the purposes of conducRng this promoRon. Any disclosure of such informaRon will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and condiRons but no further use of this informaRon will be made without prior consent.
• All Apollo Motorhome Holidays opt-in entries will be entered into a database and Apollo Motorhome Holidays may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promoRonal, markeRng and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without noRce and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opRng-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future markeRng purposes, the entrant should contact Apollo Motorhome Holidays on 1800 777 779. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to Apollo Motorhome Holidays.
• All entries become the property of The Promoter (with the excepRon of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promoRonal, markeRng and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without noRce and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opRng-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future markeRng purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out above. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.