Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Thursday 25 April 2024, 10:39:55 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,693 comps and freebies worth over $33,565,108.82 listed

That's over thirty three million, five hundred and sixty five thousand, one hundred and eight dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015969 Total Posts (445802 Searchable Posts) in 298152 Topics by 41498 Members
Latest Member: Nessie65
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win a copy of “The Secret of Half-arsed Parenting” book - Mouths of Mums members
Entry Details
  • Secret of half-arsed Parenting     Closing Date: Wednesday 31 March 2021

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win a copy of “The Secret of Half-arsed Parenting” book - Mouths of Mums members  (Read 64 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
culturebird
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

« : Friday 05 March 2021, 10:49:46 pm »
Go Up

The Secret of Half-arsed Parenting is a funny and practical antidote to the extreme stress of modern
 parenting. 20 lucky winners will receive a copy of Dr Susie O’Brien’s new book, THE SECRET OF HALF-ARSED PARENTING, valued at $32.99 each.

It’s all about ditching the guilt, dropping our standards and relaxing.

Author Dr Susie O’Brien wants to get back to a time when kids playing alone in the park was normal, not worthy of a human services check. When we punished naughty kids instead of making excuses for them. And when weekends were about parents, not getting kids to sporting events and play dates.

Parents today say they find it hard to find time to work and look after their kids properly. So they cut back on their own social lives or do less hours in the office – doing less parenting doesn’t seem to occur to anyone. They’d never forget Tuesday soccer or Sunday jazz ballet, but they’ve forgotten to have a life of their own.

Half-arsed parents are not afraid of saying no, they don’t leave love notes in their children’s lunchboxes and they ignore people on social media who say they are #blessed because they are usually #fullofcrap.

As Susie says in the book, “As a mother I don’t care about ‘retaining my sensuality’ or ‘finding myself’ like some influencers. I want to find my son’s mouthguard I spent $120 on and retain my sanity.”

Half-arsed parents let their kids do their own homework, make their own friends and construct their own Lego battleships. It’s not about doing a bad job, it’s about doing less of the thankless, hands-on, competitive and intensive parenting that’s driving us all bonkers.

Less Pressure ; Less Guilt

The Secret of Half-arsed Parenting offers a way to raise kids with less pressure, less guilt, less stress and fewer cupcakes baked at midnight. It’s not about doing a bad job. It’s about recognising that parents don’t have to be perfect – and nor do we. What’s wrong with toasted sandwiches for dinner? Kids sharing rooms and bathrooms? Taking kids to the park and leaving them there?

The key is to know your limits and set the bar low enough so you succeed. As Susie sees it, if your friends judge you for not baking cupcakes from scratch or wearing slippers to school pick-up, get new friends (and slippers that look like shoes).

The goal is to have fun, stay sane and keep the kids safe and alive long enough to fund your old age.

https://mouthsofmums.com.au/mom-rewards-prize/win-1-of-20-copies-of-the-secret-of-half-arsed-parenting/

Make sure you’re a MoM Rewards member and start earning points for your chance to WIN today!

It’s simple, the more you’re involved in Mouths of Mums, the more points you earn, and the better chance of receiving a prize at the end of the month! The way to earn MoM Rewards points is to comment on articles, post reviews, post recipes, post answers, and many other ways!

For further details and to find out how you can earn this incredible prize please visit > MoM Rewards

Please note this MoM Rewards prize opportunity is open from 1st March 2021 until 31st March 2021 and is only available to members of Mouths of Mums. Members name and address will be provided to the promoter and prizes will be sent to the address you have in Your Profile. Please ensure your details are always up to date with us so that you can receive your prize if awarded.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Thursday 25 April 2024, 10:39:55 pm from 18.117.76.7