WIN: x2 Oakley snow goggles (valued at $482)
Send us your travel tips, short holiday stories (of 150 words or less), or your best photos for a chance to be published and to win our monthly giveaway
Augustís prize is a pair of Oakley Fall Line Snow Goggles (total value $482)
Striking the perfect balance in design and technology Oakleyís Flight Tracker and Flight Path XL snow goggles create the best viewing experience. Whether youíre on a mountain or flat terrain, these vibrant goggles are the ultimate accessory for every snow adventure.
To enter email firstname.lastname@example.org
, or send us a Facebook message.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The Promoter is Nationwide News Pty Ltd (ABN 98 008 438 828) of 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010. Telephone number (02) 9288 3000.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
4. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php
. This promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. All entrants unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharge Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this Promotion.
5. Instagram membership and the use of Instagram generally are subject to the Instagram prevailing terms and conditions of use available at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/
. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other Internet users. To the extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, the Promoter, Instagram and their associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an Entrant in respect of the Entrantís participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram.
6. All Instagram accounts must be public in order for the Promoter to communicate with them and notify if theyíre winners for the promotional period and the judging period. If they are not they will not be considered for judging.
Who can enter
7. Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
8. All entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian of the entrant must read and consent to all Terms and Conditions. The parent or guardian may be called to verify consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release will require the winnerís parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release will include the full name, address and telephone number of the winnerís legal guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the winnerís entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation. If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winnerís parent or legal guardian.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
10. The competition commences on August 1, 2021 at 9:00am [AEDT] and concludes on August 31, 2021 at 5:00pm [AEDT]. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
11. The time of entry will in each case be the time the email is received by the Promoterís database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant. The time of Instagram entries will be the time of Instagram post.
12. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
13. Entrants may enter the competition by submitting their original entry:
-By sending an email to email@example.com
. Participants will be required to e-mail their personal details including, but not limited to, full name, address, post code, telephone number, and a piece of travel advice (150 words or less), or a short travel story (150 words or less), or a travel photograph.
-By posting a photograph to a personal Instagram account, including the text Ď#escapesnapsí in the caption of the post.
-By commenting on a post on the Escape Facebook page, the comment being a piece of travel advice (150 words or less), or a short travel story (150 words or less).
14. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, ďentry contentĒ includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrantís original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrantís original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoterís satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrantís entry. An entrantís entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that personís express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winnerís entry is of a type described in this clause.
15. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
17. Entrants may enter as many times as they like. Maximum of one prize will be awarded per person.
Determination and Notification of winner
18. The winner will be the valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is determined by the judging panel, being the Escape editorial team, as the most outstanding and unique piece of travel advice, short travel story, or travel photograph.
19. The winner will be announced on September 5, 2021, online at escape.com.au/win and in the Escape print edition.
This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
20. If any particular determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the determination will be take place on the following business day.
21. The Promoterís decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
22. The winner/s will be notified by email or Instagram direct message within one week of being determined.
23. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
24. Should an entrantís contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrantís responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
25. The winner will receive, via post, TWO Oakley snow goggles (The Flight Deck and Line Miner)
26. The total prize value is up to $482 (including GST).
27. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
28. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
29. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
30. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplierís requirements
31. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. If an entrant under 18 years of age wins a prize then their parent or guardian must sign the legal release referred to in this clause on the minorís behalf.
Further Terms and Conditions
32. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory Legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
33. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
34. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
35. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrantís responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.