Competition Terms and Conditions – Human Nature – Sanity – Zoom Call - Competition
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between each entrant and Promoter. Entry into the competition (Competition) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Sony Music Entertainment Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 95 107 133 184) of 11-19 Hargrave Street, East Sydney, NSW, 2010 (Promoter).
3. The Competition commences at 9:00am AEST on Friday, 30 April 2021 and concludes 11.59pm AEST on Thursday, 10 June 2021 (Competition Period). Promoter may extend the closing date in its sole discretion. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt NOT at the time of sending by entrants. Late entries will not be eligible.
4. Entry is open to Australian residents 13 years of age and older, other than as set out in clause 5. Entrants under the age of 18 require the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Competition and further, the parent or legal guardian must read and consent to these terms and conditions. By entering this Competition, the parent or legal guardian of any entrant under the age of 18 will be deemed to have read and agreed to these terms and conditions.
5. Employees and agents of Promoter and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
How to enter
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must:
Pre-order or purchase a copy of Human Nature’s (the, Artist) new EP ‘Good Good Life’ (the, EP) from the Sanity online store at www.sanity.com.au
during the Competition Period;
Fill in your name, email address and the receipt number of your pre-order or purchase of the EP;
Answer in 25 words or less the following question: “What is your favourite song by Human Nature and why?’’ on the entry form located on the pre-order page (the Entry); and
Read and then tick where indicated to agree to the Competition terms and conditions; and
7. Entry is limited to one (1) Entry per EP pre-order or purchase (as applicable). For the avoidance of doubt, Entrants can enter multiple times provided that they use a unique receipt number for the EP pre-ordered or purchased and submitted with each Entry. If multiple entries are made using the same receipt number more than once, such entries will be deemed void.
Prizes and Judging
8. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners.
9. The ten (10) most creative and entertaining entries as judged by Promoter in its sole discretion will be deemed the winners (the, Winners)(each, Winner). Each Winner and guests from each Winner’s household, will get to attend the virtual performance with Human Nature (the, Artist) which is to be conducted via one (1) Zoom call with the Winners and each Winner’s guests all in attendance, scheduled for a date which is on or around six (6) months from Friday, 28 May 2021 (the, Prize). For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not consist of a one-on-one Zoom call from the Artist to each individual Winner, rather all Winners will be present for the Prize. The Promoter will notify the Winners of the exact date and time of the Prize, which is subject to the Artist’s availability. Should the date and/or time of the Prize need to be rescheduled for any reason the Promoter will notify the Winners of the revised date and/or time as soon as reasonably practicable.
10. The entries will be judged by Promoter no later than 6.00pm AEST Friday, 11 June 2021. On this day Promoter will notify the Winners by phone and confirm via email according to the email address and phone number provided with their Entry. Further details relating to Prize redemption will be provided at this time. The Winners will then be announced by no later than 6.00pm AEST on Tuesday, 15 June 2021 on the Sanity competition winners page.
11. Each Winner is only entitled to the relevant Prize as outlined above and is not entitled to any additional prizing or cash reimbursement to compensate for any difference in actual Prize redemption cost and maximum value. No Prize is transferable nor can any Prize be taken as cash other than as specifically set out in these terms and conditions. No compensation is payable if a Winner cannot receive any aspect of the Prize for any reason.
12. Participation is subject to each Winner’s and their guests’ compliance with the Promoter’s instructions and directions given. Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility for any failure to comply with the above instructions and/or directions. Promoter expressly reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify, sanction and/or eject a Winner and/or guest(s) on the grounds of inappropriate behaviour, for age, health or safety reasons (including but not limited to intoxication), or for any breach of these terms and conditions, whilst participating in any element of the Prize.
13. Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Promoter will NOT be responsible for any costs associated with winning the Prize or the Prize itself unless specifically stated in these terms and conditions.
15. If a Winner cannot be contacted within twenty-four (24) hours of first notification attempt, if a Winner notification is returned as undeliverable, if a Winner rejects the Prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these rules, their Prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon Prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
16. If for some reason beyond Promoter’s control, it is not possible to supply the Prize as advertised, Promoter will be entitled to supply a substitute prize in Promoter’s discretion. If the Competition is not capable of running as planned due to any reason (including, but not limited to fraud, a state of emergency, natural disaster, war, communicable disease (including the novel corona virus known as “Covid-19”), technical failures or any other causes), Promoter reserves the right without liability to the entrants to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Competition.
17. The Entry must not contain references which are obscene, crude or vulgar, and/or which contain phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email), Web site URLs, derogatory characterisations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, references to illegal or inappropriate activity, behaviour or conduct, or any other references that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Promoter, in its sole discretion. Promoter may delete any entries it deems offensive or inappropriate in its discretion and such entries will be disqualified from the Competition.
for further details
19. The Entry will become the property of Promoter and each entrant hereby assigns, including as a present assignment of future copyright, any right, title and interest (including copyright) the entrant may have in the Entry to Promoter worldwide and in perpetuity. Each entrant acknowledges that Promoter may use the Entry and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in the Entry in any medium and in any manner it sees fit, including without limitation, by reproducing, modifying or adapting such entries, free from any claim whatsoever in any country or place in the world. Each entrant further consents to any and all acts or omissions of Promoter which would, but for this consent, infringe any of the entrant’s moral rights or similar rights in the Entry.
20. Under the Australian Consumer Law (Cth) and other statutes there are some warranties and conditions that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or can only be excluded, restricted or modified to a limited extent. Promoter excludes all warranties and conditions to the extent allowable by these laws. Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility of any kind for any defect with the Prize nor for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition or Prize in any way to the fullest extent allowable by law.
21. Promoter is not responsible for any misdirected, late or incomprehensible entries in the Competition. Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading or uploading any materials in this Competition.
22. Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications that may arise from winning Prize. Entrants should seek independent financial advice about such matters.
23. The Prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry submission form. However, in a dispute, the Prize will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their Entry.
24. Promoter in its absolute discretion reserves the right to verify the validity of all entries and to disqualify entrants if they tamper with the entry process including but not limited to submission of an entry not in accordance with these terms and conditions or where Promoter reasonably believes that an entrant has acted in bad faith in respect of the Competition.
25. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.