WIN the ultimate travel blogger treatment to Buenos Aires, Argentina
We're giving one lucky winner and a friend the chance to become our South American Travel Correspondents. Follow in the footsteps of Insta-famous @taramilktea @lucylaucht and @samearp and immerse yourself in the vibrant city of Buenos Aires. We'll also help you rack up those Instagram likes by capturing all of your South American experiences on camera. Entrants must tell the Promoter in 25 words or less ‘As Flight Centre’s Travel Correspondent what is the first thing you plan on doing once you step off the plane in Buenos Aires’. The most creative entry will win.
Why though? #justbecause
Terms & Conditions – Competition to Win a trip for two to Buenos Aires to be
Flight Centre’s Travel Correspondent.
Conditions of Entry
1. Information about the prize and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into
this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant.
2. The promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, ABN 25 003 377 188 of 275 Grey Street, South
Brisbane, Queensland 4101 ("Promoter").
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, who enter the promotion in the required
manner as stated in these terms and conditions, who are available to travel within the dates outlined I
clause 18, and meet the age requirements set in place by the supplier ("Eligible Entrants").
4. Employees of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited and Air New Zealand, and their related bodies
corporate, suppliers, agencies, licensees and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotion Period
5. The promotion will commence at 00:01 AEST on Thursday 4 January 2018 and will continue until 23:59
AEST on Wednesday, 17 January 2018 ("Promotion Period"). Entries received outside the Promotional
Period will be ineligible for entry.
How to Enter
6. Eligible Entrants may have one (1) “primary entry” during the promotion period.
7. To enter the promotion, Eligible Entrants must visit flightcentre.com.au/justbecause and tell us in 25
words or less ‘As Flight Centre’s Travel Correspondent what is the first thing you plan on doing once you
step off the plane in Buenos Aires’, complete the online entry form, which includes: title, full name, current
and valid email address, date of birth and mobile number; and remain subscribed for the duration of the
‘Promotional Period’. This will result in one (1) “primary entry”.
8. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Entries
received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible or
incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the
promotional period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
9. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotional Websites remain the responsibility of each entrant
and are dependent on the Internet Service Provider used. Any costs associated with accessing the
promotion are the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet Service Provider used.
10. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of any Prize.
11. If the Prize Winner does not accept any element of the Prize, the Promoter is not obliged to provide the
Prize Winner with a substitute Prize.
Selection of Prize Winner
12. The competition is a game of skill whereby entrants must tell the Promoter in 25 words or less ‘As Flight
Centre’s Travel Correspondent what is the first thing you plan on doing once you step off the plane in
Buenos Aires’. The most creative entry will win.
13. The one (1) prize winner will be selected on the 19 January 2018 at 10:00 AEST at the Promoter’s
address, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane, Queensland. The Prize Winner will be announced on the
Flight Centre promotions page (www.flightcentre.com.au/win
) on 23 January 2018 by 17:00 AEST.
14. The Prize Winner will be notified by phone and email by 17:00 AEST Friday 19 January 2018.
15. The Prize Winner has until 17:00 AEST Tuesday 22 January 2018 to claim the prize. Although every
effort will be made to contact the prize winner, should an unclaimed prize draw be necessary, the draw
will be held at 10:00 AEST Tuesday 23 January 2018 at Flight Centre Head Office, 275 Grey Street,
South Brisbane QLD 4101.
16. The Prize Winner of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by phone and email by 17:30 AEST
Tuesday 22 January 2018 and the result will be published on www.flightcentre.com.au/justbecause
1700 AEST Thursday 25 January 2018
17. The Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the Prize Draw.
18. There will be one (1) Prize presented to the prize winner when contacted, which cannot be changed or
transferred at anytime. The Promoter can change prizing rules at their discretion. The one (1) prize
consists of the following components, which are to be paired and to be prized as a trip for two (2):
One (1) Prize that includes
- Return Economy flights for two (2) from either Cairns, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney,
Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth to Buenos Aires, Argentina via Auckland on Air New Zealand
- 5 nights twin-share accommodation in Buenos Aires
- One (1) guided day tour in Buenos Aires
- One (1) guided tour to Iguazu Falls
All flights that form part of the prize must be redeemed for travel on 10 May 2018 and return on 18
May 2018, or dates as advised by the Promoter.
The prize package is for (2) people, who must be booked onto the same itinerary & on the same
Prize is only valid for travel dates as outlined above. Maximum prize value of: $5000 AUD per
Prize has no cash value and cannot be transferred.
Once the Prize has been booked normal booking / cancellation fees apply. If cancelled the prize is
Flight departure dates are subject to availability, flights are non-upgradable and lounge access is not
Airport and Government taxes for the return economy flights per person are included.
Two nights twin share accommodation, Buenos Aires airport transfer for two (2), and Buenos Aires
day tour for two (2) will be included, which will be booked and confirmed at Air New Zealand’s
Travel Insurance is compulsory for the prize winner and their companion, and is the responsibility of
the prize winner.
Prize does not include transfers, visas, spending money, optional activities or any other items not
articulated trip inclusions. Any additional cost associated with the trip are the responsibility of the
Air New Zealand Conditions of Carriage and any applicable Fare Rules apply.
19. Prize and booking of the Prize are subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of Flight Centre
Travel Group Limited (available at www.flightcentre.com.au
20. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of employment
status, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a Prize. Proof of
identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the
Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole
and no substitute will be offered.
21. The personal information of entrants will be collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote
this promotion and to contact the Prize Winner (or, if applicable, the winner of an Unclaimed Prize Draw).
Entrants agree that the Promoter may handle their personal information in accordance with the
. Entrants agree
that the Promoter may use their personal information for marketing purposes. If an entrant does not
truthfully provide all requested personal information, the Promoter may determine that they are not
eligible to win the Prize.
22. Should an Entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, it is the Entrant’s responsibility
to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be
directed to the Promoter.
23. The prize winner expressly authorises the Promoter and Air New Zealand, to collect and use video
content of the winner and their companion, for the Promoter and/or Air New Zealand to use for
promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other
compensation to the winner.
24. All entrants who submit any entry to the Promoter: (a) grant the Promoter and its licensees and
assignees a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in the entry
material and all other material provided by the entrant to the Promoter pursuant to this promotion at any
time; and (b) represent and warrant that the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these terms
and conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and (c) indemnify the Promoter against any
loss or damage resulting from any breach of the foregoing representation and warranty.
25. By entering this competition entrants agree to allow the Promoter to repost their entry/submission on the
Promoter’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn accounts, the Promoter’s website
) and blog within the Promoter’s electronic direct mail (EDM) communication
26. If there is an event beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control which prevents or hinders the conduct of
the promotion or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize to the winner, then the Promoter subject to
regulatory authority approval may in its sole discretion cancel the promotion. Further the Promoter may at
its sole discretion recommence the promotion under the same conditions
27. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
28. The Promoter may at its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these
conditions of entry.
29. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
30. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
31. The Promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group ACN 003 377 188 located Flight Centre Travel Group offices,
situated at Level 13, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane, QLD 4101. The personal information of entrants
will be collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this competition and its winners and
may be used to market its services to the entrants. The personal information of the entrants will be held
The personal information of winners may be provided to others assisting, including prize suppliers and
deliverers, and to authorities that regulate this competition. In the event that entrants decide to opt out of
receiving information on promotions, services and market research provided by Flight Centre Travel
Group they can email email@example.com
or contact the Global Head Office on 07
3083 4765. If an entrant does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, the Promoter may
determine that they are not eligible to win the prize.
32. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
1. inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
2. purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected
or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage
(where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
3. any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or
lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
4. the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the
Internet or at any website;
5. unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
6. electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
7. any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential
(including economic) loss arising in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of
any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons
accompanying a Prize Winner; or
8. any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant's or any other person's
computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
33. The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered during participation in the promotion or use of
the Prize, except to the extent directly caused by the Promoter's negligence. If requested by The
Promoter, the Prize Winner, and his or her guests, must sign and return any liability release and
indemnity provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a Prize being awarded.
Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities may result in the entitlement to the Prize being
forfeited and the selection of another Prize Winner.
34. This above conditions do not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have,
which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by
law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the
payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.
35. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook.