http://www.escape.com.au/win/win-a-10k-cruise-holiday-with-cruise1st/news-story/7773b62056957500f3ad11167d3049f2Tell us in 50 words or less what your dream holiday is and why and you’ll be entered into the competition to win an incredible $10,000 Cruise1st voucher.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Promoter is News Life Media Pty Ltd (ABN: 57 088 923 906) of Level 1, 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010. Telephone number (02) 9353 6666.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 and opt-in to subscribe to the Escape Travel Australia newsletter, except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
5. Entrants into this competition must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The competition commences on 24.12.2018 at 09:00 AEDT and concludes on 18.03.2019 at 23:59 AEDT. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
10. The details of how to enter the competition are set out in https://www.escape.com.au/win
11. Entrants may enter the competition by:
•Submitting their original entry by logging onto www.escape.com.au/win
and registering their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, postcode, telephone number, e-mail address, codeword / subscription number (if required) and answer in 50 words or less to the question “Your next dream holiday and why?” to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual internet Service Provider. The most original and creative will win.
12. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audiovisual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
13. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
15. Only one entry per person per email address is permitted.
Determination and Notification of winner
16. The winner will be the valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by the Escape Travel Australia team to be the most original and creative at 14:00 AEDT on 22.03.2019 at Level 1, 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
17. If any particular determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the determination will be take place on the following business day.
18. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
19. The winner/s will be notified by email within two days of being determined.
20. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
21. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
22. If the winner(s) has not claimed the prize by 02.04.19 then he or she will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by the Escape Travel Australia team to be the next most original and creative at 14:00 AEST on 03.04.19 at Level 1, 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010. The winner of the unclaimed prize will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the date on which they are judged to be the unclaimed prize winner.
Prize on offer
23. Individual prize value is $10,000.00 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $10,000.00 (including GST) as at 24.12.18. One (1) winner will receive 1 x $10,000.00 Cruise1st Voucher, valid up to 30.06.2019.
When you redeem a Cruise1st gift voucher you are subject to Cruise1st standard Booking Terms and Conditions set out on www.cruise1st.com.au/info/terms-and-conditions
, as well as the below terms:
1. These terms apply to Cruise1st Australia Gift Vouchers (”Voucher”)
2. Vouchers are not refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash
3. A Voucher cannot be transferred into another name
4. Voucher is valid for redemption until 30 June 2019. You must make a booking using your Voucher on or before the expiry date. The booking can be for travel dates after the expiry date. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
5. Voucher validity cannot be extended beyond the expiry date
6. Vouchers must be redeemed with one of our consultants by phone on 1800 633 300 or email to email@example.com
. Vouchers cannot be redeemed on the Cruise1st website
7. New bookings made with a Voucher are subject to standard Cruise1st and supplier terms of booking.
8. A booking made with a Voucher that is subsequently cancelled will be subject to standard cancellation policies, however no refund is permitted on the value of the Voucher upon cancellation
9. Each Voucher may only be redeemed once
10. A Voucher must be redeemed in full in a single use. Any residual Voucher value cannot be applied to a second booking or exchanged for cash
11. A Voucher can only be applied to a future booking on valid and available travel products, and cannot be redeemed against a previous or existing booking
12. You are responsible for keeping your Voucher and Voucher number secure and confidential. Cruise1st are not liable for any loss you may suffer as a result of disclosing or not securing your Voucher information
13. Invalid vouchers, or vouchers that have not been paid for in full, are not eligible for redemption
24. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. Cruise1st to manage prize fulfilment with winner, once winner has been notified and replied to redeem prize.
26. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
27. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
28. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
29. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
30. Where the prize involves driving, travel or an event, winners and any companions under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 at all times.
31. Vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the voucher provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
32. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of God, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur while the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prizewinner to inquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
33. The winner/s (and their companion/s) is/are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
34. The prize must be taken by 30.06.19 and is subject to cruise availability. The prize is not available during peak times such as public holidays and school holidays (if applicable) and cannot be changed once the booking has been made. Cruise tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each cruiseline and are subject to seasonal embargoes. Cruise itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the cruiselines departure city and their current cruise schedule. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the cruise, for all incidental charges. Once cruise vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
35. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the prize winner and their travel companions. All prize travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.