Win the ultimate weekend for two at Port Fairy Folk Festival
We've teamed up with our mates at Visit Victoria, Port Fairy Folk Festival and Let's Go Motorhomes to hook you up with the ultimate festival experience including two tickets, a campervan for two people and one camping site – with a total value of over $1600.
To enter, just tell us your favourite place for a long weekend away in Victoria and why in under 25 words or less.
What is your favourite place for a long weekend in Victoria and why?
“Closing Date” means 23:59hrs on Sunday 25 February, 2018.
“Commencement Date” means 18:00hrs on Friday 16 February, 2018.
“Determination Date” means Monday 26 February, 2018.
“Entrant” means a person who enters the Promotion.
“Facebook Page” means the official Beat Magazine Facebook Page, located at https://www.facebook.com/BeatMag
“Instagram Page” means the official Beat Magazine Instagram page, located at https://instagram.com/beatmagazine
“Prize” means a prize offered in the Promotion.
“Promoter” means FURST MEDIA PTY LTD, ABN 22 111 248 045, T/A Beat Magazine, of Lvl 2, 3 Newton Street Cremorne, 3121.
“Promotion” means this competition.
“Promotional Post” means a post placed on the Facebook Page during the Promotion Period by the Promoter advertising the Promotion.
“Promotion Period” means the period between the Commencement Date and the Closing Date.
“Relevant Parties” means the Promoter and the agencies and companies that are associated with the Promoter or the Promotion.
“Supplier” means the supplier of the Prizes.
“Website” means the Beat Magazine website, located at http://www.beat.com.au
“Twitter Feed” means the official Beat Magazine Twitter feed, located at https://twitter.com/BeatMagazine
“Winner” means an Entrant who wins a Prize.
2. All times and dates are times and dates in Melbourne. All times are stated using the 24-hour clock. 00:00hrs is the start of a day and 24:00hrs is the end of a day.
3. The Promotion is conducted by the Promoter.
4. The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the Winners.
5. Entry to the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Promotion, Entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in the Promotion and to take a Prize if they are a Winner.
6. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms and Conditions.
7. This Promotion will be advertised on the Facebook Page, the Instagram Page, the Twitter Feed and the Website.
8. An Entrant is eligible to win a Prize if they:
a) are a permanent resident of Australia; and
b) are over the age of 21 at the time of entering the Promotion
and are not:
c) employees of:
i. the Promoter or Visit Victoria;
ii. the Supplier;
iii. any corporations or agencies related to the entities in paragraphs (i) and (ii) above; or
iv. any of the Relevant Parties; or
d) a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by marriage or adoption) of a person who is an employee of any of the entities listed above.
9. Entry to the Promotion commences on the Commencement Date and closes on the Closing Date.
10. To enter the Promotion, an Entrant must, during the Promotion Period, enter via the entry method below:
a) Go to beat.com.au/freeshit/win-weekend-two-port-fairy-folk-festival
b) Explain “What is your favourite place for a long weekend in Victoria and why?” in 25 words or less.
c) provide their personal details including name, date of birth, and email address.
d) By entering the competition you agree to being added to Beat Magazine, Visit Victoria and Let's Go Motorhome's email databases.
11. An Entrant's entry must not be:
m) racially or ethnically offensive;
n) capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence;
o) capable of violating any law; and/or
p) capable of giving rise to civil liability.
12. Entrants may enter the Promotion only once.
13. By entering the Promotion, Entrants consent to any use of their Entry material by the Promoter which may otherwise infringe an Entrant's moral rights in the Entry Material, including (without limitation):
a) exercising any of the rights in the Entry Material without identifying the Entrant; and
b) using the Entry Material in any way that the Promoter sees fit, even if it results in derogatory treatment of the Entry Material (as defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)).
14. Each Entrant warrants that;
a) he/she has the full power and capacity to grant the rights, warranties and consents set out in these Terms and Conditions; and
b) he/she will fully indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage suffered by the Promoter:
i. in the event any of the warranties given by the Entrant are false; and
ii. as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Entrant.
15. Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not the time of transmission by the Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications services or equipment.
16. Entry via the website is free. However, any costs associated with accessing the website are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
17. Entrants must make their entries manually using an internet browser. The Promoter may reject an entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the entry has been made using automated entry means or by use of a computer entry service.
18. Should an Entrant's contact details change at any time between the date on which they enter the Promotion and the Unclaimed Prize Determination Date, that Entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
19. All entries to the Promotion may be subject to verification by the Promoter. An Entrant must, within seven (7) days of being asked, at the Promoter's cost:
a) allow the Promoter to inspect and copy any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter the Promotion, including but not limited to evidence of age, residence and/or identity.
20. The Promoter may decide in its sole discretion which documents are considered suitable for establishing eligibility to enter or win. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof of eligibility, that Winner will forfeit their Prize in whole and no substitute or compensation will be offered.
21. Any entry that is made on behalf of an Entrant by a third party, or otherwise by proxy, will be invalid.
22. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Entrant to be invalid if the Entrant:
a) fails to establish their entitlement to win the Promotion to the Promoter's satisfaction; or
b) fails to produce items as required by clause 24 or produces items that appear to be illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
c) appears, to the Promoter, to have tampered with, or benefited from tampering with, the entry process; or
d) has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
23. Entrants agree to have their email shared to Visit Victoria’s email database by entering this competition.
24. The Winner will be determined on the Determination Date by the Promoter at Lvl 2, 3 Newton Street Cremorne, 3121.
25. The Promoter's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Winner will be notified within two (2) business days of the Determination Date in writing to the email account or phone number used to enter. The Winner’s names and/or entries may be published on the Facebook Page, Instagram Page, Twitter Feed and Website after the Determination Date.
27. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the shortlisted five entries, and the final Winner. If a Prize is:
a) not claimed by the Winner on the Determination Date;
b) not able to be fulfilled on the five festival itinerary record dates as determined by The Promoter; or
c) forfeited for any reason,
the Prize will be awarded to another Entrant.
28. The one (1) Prize is valued at a maximum of $1,668.00 and consists of two tickets to Port Fairy Folk Festival, a campervan for two people and one camping site.
THE TOTAL PRIZE POOL FOR THIS PROMOTION IS VALUED AT A MAXIMUM OF $1,668.00
29. The Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a Winner or any other party if any Prize is unavailable for any reason.
30. Prize cannot be refunded or exchanged.
31. Prize may not be transferred.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow the Winner to take part in any or all aspects of any Prize, if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that the Winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the Prize.
33. Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from them winning a Prize and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting a Prize.
34. The Promoter and the Relevant Parties will not be responsible for any delay in delivery or loss to the Prize.
35. If the Determination Date is a public holiday, the determination will be conducted on the following business day.
36. Prizes will be awarded to the people who own the email accounts used to make the winning entries.
37. Unless expressly stated, all costs and expenses associated with taking a Prize become the responsibility of the shortlisted contestants and Winner, including (without limitation) any transport and incidentals not covered by Beat Magazine when filming the video itineraries.
38. All aspects of the Prize must be taken together as a five shooting day package. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take the Prize or an element of the Prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the Prize will be forfeited by the Winner.
39. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety conditions or any other conditions that may exist at any destination.
40. The Winner must pickup and return the campervan in Melbourne.
40. The Promoter reserves the right to take any action necessary in its sole discretion at any time.
41. To the full extent permitted by the law, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the Relevant Parties will not be liable for any loss, damage, claim, cost, expense or personal injury suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to, that caused by any person's negligence) by any Entrant in connection with the Promotion or the Prize, including:
a) any indirect, economic or consequential loss or loss of profits;
b) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and
c) any liability for personal injury or death.
42. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on Entrants acting in accordance with the Facebook terms of service (available at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/update
) and the Twitter
terms of service (available at https://twitter.com/tos
43. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and Visit Victoria. Any questions, comments or complaints about this Promotion must be directed to the Promoter (not Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) at the address given in clause 1 of these Terms and Conditions.
44. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or take any other action, including to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion.
45. The Winner acknowledges that the Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The Winners must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking a Prize. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility and is not liable for any additional conditions imposed on the taking of the Prizes, or for the breach of those conditions by any person.
46. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter is not responsible for:
a) any problems or technical malfunction with any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software, or any technical problems or traffic congestion on any computer system or at any website, or any combination thereof, including (but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person's property related to or resulting from participation in the Promotion;
b) any incorrect or inaccurate information, caused either by users, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in connection with the Promotion, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the Promotion; or
c) any error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft; or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or Entrants' details.
47. Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this Promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages in the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
48. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria. The Promoter and all Entrants irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Victoria.
49. These rules are Terms and Conditions and constitute the entire terms and conditions between the Entrant and the Promoter with respect to the Promotion and cannot be altered, modified, or amended.
50. All entries become the property of the Promoter.