Enter below and get you and your loved ones closer to fun... and each other! You could win a 8 day Pacific Island Cruise to New Caledonia & Vanuatu for yourself and 3 friends.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------terms and conditions
Carnival Cruise Line "Escape with Carnival" competitionTerms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is Carnival PLC trading as Carnival Cruise Line (ABN 23 107 998 443) of Level 5/15 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060, telephone: (02) 8424 8800 ("Promoter").
3. The promotion is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to claim/enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promotion commences on 19 July 2017 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on 17 July 2018 ("Promotion Period").
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrantís identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached these Terms and Conditions tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) Entry (defined below) permitted per Quarterly Entry Period (as defined below); and (b) each Entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.How to Enter
8. To enter, individuals must, during a Quarterly Entry Period (as defined below), visit the competition web page at www.carnival.com.au/promotional/escape-with-carnival
and follow the prompts to complete the online entry form by providing their name, email address, date of birth and phone number ("Entry").Prize Draw
9. The Promotion Period is divided into four (4) quarterly entry periods (each a "Quarterly Entry Period"). Entries into each Quarterly Entry Period will open at 12:00am and close at 11:59pm on the dates specified in the table below. All times are AEST/AEDST, based on NSW local time. Entries into each Quarterly Entry Period do not roll over into subsequent Quarterly Entry Period(s). Entrants must re-enter during each Quarterly Entry Period for a chance to win the prize for that Quarterly Entry Period. During each Quarterly Entry Period, one (1) winner will be selected at random from the pool of Entries submitted during that Quarterly Entry Period. Each Quarterly Entry Period draw ("Quarterly Draw") will take place at 10:00am at Anisimoff Legal Ė Suite 5, Erina Plaza, 210 The Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 on the dates specified in the table below. The Promoter may draw additional reserve Entries in each Quarterly Draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified in writing by email within two (2) business days of the relevant Quarterly Draw. Winnersí names will be published on the Promoterís Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/CarnivalOz
on the dates specified in the table below.
Quarter Quarterly Entry Period Start and Close dates Quarterly Draw Date Winners Publication Date
Quarter 1 19/07/2017 to 18/10/2017 20/10/2017 31/10/2017
Quarter 2 19/10/2017 to 18/01/2018 22/01/2018 31/01/2018
Quarter 3 19/01/2018 to 18/04/2018 20/04/2018 30/04/2018
Quarter 4 19/04/2018 to 17/07/2018 18/07/2018 18/07/2018Prize
10.The first valid Entry drawn in each Quarterly Draw will each win a cruise for himself/herself and three (3) travelling companions (four people in total), travelling in a quad cabin (to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion) on a Carnival Spirit 8 day New Caledonia cruise departing Sydney, NSW on 29 November 2018. Each cruise is valued at $3,696.00.
11. The prize does not include flights and/or transfers to/from the winnerís home to the departure port of Sydney, NSW. Any costs associated with transport to/from the departure port will be the responsibility of the winner and will not be borne by the Promoter. Shore excursions or other on-board activities, spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken on 29 November 2018 to coincide with the departure of the Carnival Spirit 8 day New Caledonia cruise. Each winner and their travelling companions are responsible for ensuring that they have necessary and valid travel documentation including, passports, any requisite visas and vaccinations. Each winner and travel companions will be responsible for any expenses incurred in obtaining necessary travel documentation, including any fines, or penalties incurred as a result of not having the requisite travel documentation. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. A credit card imprint or cash deposit will be required from each winner at check-in in order to board the cruise ship, for all incidental charges.
12. The prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. Where a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter retains the right to substitute the prize (or part) with a prize (or part) of equal or greater value or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
13. 10. Standard terms and conditions of travelling with Carnival Cruise Line will apply, including any applicable age restrictions. See Booking and Passage Terms and Conditions at http://www.carnival.com.au/au-legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx
which passengers will be bound by.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to deny boarding to any winner or their travelling companion/s of if the Promoter reasonably forms the view that the guest presents a risk to the health and safety of himself/herself or any other passenger or crew member.
15. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of a prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
16. Winners who are notified via email must claim the prize by following the instructions provided on the notification email. If a winner does not claim the prize within three calendar months of the relevant Quarterly Draw, the winner forfeits the prize, and the prize for that Quarterly Draw will be re-awarded in an unclaimed prize draw on the dates outlined in the table below, which will be held at the same time place as the original Quarterly Draws. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the relevant unclaimed prize draw and their names will be published on the Promoterís Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/CarnivalOz
on the dates specified in the table below.Quarterly Draw Re-draw date (if prize is unclaimed) Publication date
Quarterly Draw 1 22/01/2018 31/01/2018
Quarterly Draw 2 23/04/2018 30/04/2018
Quarterly Draw 3 20/07/2018 31/07/2018
Quarterly Draw 4 18/10/2018 18/10/2018General
17. The total prize pool value is $14,784.00.
18. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
19. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
20.The Promoterís decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Any costs associated with entering the competition, accessing the promotional website and any cost associated with finalists redeeming or using a prize are the responsibility of the entrant.
22. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all Entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
23. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate or invalidate any affected Entries, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
24. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
25. As a condition of accepting a prize, each winner (and his/her companion/s) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a winnerís companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
26. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
27. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoterís control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) if the Carnival 8 day New Caledonia cruise is cancelled or delayed for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; or (g) taking/use of and/or participation in a prize.Privacy Collection Notice
29. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/15483. ACT Permit No. TP17/01250. SA Permit No. T17/1190