Win a pamper pack for mum
To help celebrate Mother's Day, we're giving away a pamper pack from The Glen as well as a free nights' accommodation at the Glen Waverley ibis Hotel (including breakfast for two and parking) to one lucky mum, valued at over $1,000.
To enter, simply fill out the form below, nominate a mum and tell us in 50 words or less what makes her so inspiring for the chance to win her the prize pack. Hurry, entries close 11:59pm on Thursday, May 10.
The prize pack includes:
A free nights' accommodation, breakfast for two and free parking at the Glen Waverley ibis Hotel
A $25 meal voucher from Capricho
A complimentary meal from Coffee Hit
A complimentary makeover by Dior from David Jones
A complimentary manicure from Hollywood Nails
A $100 voucher from Laser Clinics Australia
A $100 voucher from Mountfords
A complimentary eyebrow threading and eyebrow tinting service from O'Some Brows
A complimentary cut, colour and blow wave from Ross Caia Hairdressing
A $150 centre gift card from The Glen
1. The “Inspiring Mums” social media promotion (Promotion) commences at 12:00pm
(Australian Eastern Standard Time) (AEST) on Monday, 30 April 2018 and concludes at
11:59pm (AEST) on Thursday, 10 May 2018 (Promotion Period).
2. The Promotion is promoted by Vicinity Centres PM Pty Ltd ACN 101 504 045 (Promoter)
of The Glen Shopping Centre, located at 235 Springvale Road, Glen Waverley, Victoria
3150 (The Glen).
3. By entering the Promotion, all entrants (Entrants) are subject to, and will need to adhere
to these terms and conditions.
4. Entry into the Promotion constitutes the Entrant’s unconditional acceptance of these
terms and conditions.
1. The Promotion prize has a total value of $1,063 and consists of the items listed in
Schedule 1 (the Prize).
2. The Prize is supplied by the suppliers listed in Schedule 2 (each a Supplier and together
3. The Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the Supplier.
4. The Prize value is correct at the authorisation date of the Promotion and the Promoter is
not responsible for any subsequent variation in value.
How to Enter
5. To enter the Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a. visit The Glen’s website https://www.theglen.com.au/;
and on the competition web
b. correctly complete the Promotion competition form, including:
• providing personal details (first name, last name, email address and post
• signing up to The Glen’s newsletter;
• nominating a local mum; and
• telling us in fifty (50) words or less what makes them inspiring; (each an
Entry and collectively the Entries).
6. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period. Entries are deemed to be
received at the time they are received by the Promoter (and not at the time the Entrant
submits the Entry).
7. Entry into the Promotion is free.
8. Entries are limited to one for each person.
9. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant grants to the Promoter and the centre
management at The Glen (Centre Management) a world-wide, irrevocable, nonexclusive,
transferable, royalty free and sub-licensable right and licence to use
reproduce, modify, adapt, publish or display (in whole or in part) any intellectual property
contained in the content of their Entry and/or Photo, without royalty, payment or other
compensation. Each Entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use
and warrants that they have full authority to grant such rights.
10. The Promoter and Centre Management reserve the right to remove any Entry from the
competition post for any reason, including but not limited to any Entry that contains
offensive, inappropriate or derogatory material. This right can be exercised at the
absolute discretion of the Promoter or Centre Management. Any such posts removed in
accordance with this right are deemed ineligible as an Entry into the Promotion.
Winners and Prizes
11. One (1) nominated winner will be selected on Friday, 11 May 2018 by the Marketing
Manager at The Glen (Winner).
12. The Promotion is a game of skill and the Winner will be selected from the pool of eligible
Entries which demonstrate the most interesting, original and inspiring answer as
determined by the Centre Management or the Promoter in their absolute discretion.
13. The Winner will then be notified via email by 5:00pm (AEST) on Friday, 11 May 2018 to
claim their Prize.
14. The Winners will be able to collect their Prize from the concierge desk located on Ground
Level near David Jones at The Glen from 9:00am (AEST) on Friday, 11 May 2018.
15. If the Winner:
a. does not respond to Centre Management by 5:00pm on Friday, 18 May 2018 to
claim the Prize; or
b. are not able to participate in or accept any part of the Prize;
the Prize will be forfeited, and that Winner will no longer be entitled to the Prize and the
Centre Management or the Promoter, subject to any statutory requirements, reserves the
right to select an alternative winner (Replacement Winner) on the basis set out in
clause 16 at a time and date to be determined by the Centre Management or Promoter.
The Replacement Winner is then the winner of the Prize for the purposes of these terms
and conditions. A Replacement Winner will be notified via their Entry and Centre
Management will use reasonable endeavours to arrange a time with that Replacement
Winner to pick up their Prize from the concierge desk at The Glen. If a Replacement
Winner does not claim the Prize by 5:00pm Friday,
16. Proof of identity will be required to claim any Prize.
17. All costs, associated with collecting any Prize (including, but not limited to travel and
parking costs) are the sole responsibility of the Winner and will not, under any
circumstances, be compensated by the Promoter.
18. Any Prize must be taken as offered and is not transferable, refundable or exchangeable
for cash or kind and may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the supplier as
19. If a Winner is under 18 years of age, any Prize will be awarded to the Winner’s
nominated parent/guardian upon presentation of photo identification. The
parent/guardian shall be deemed the Winner for the purposes of these terms and
20. If any Prize is unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right in its
absolute discretion to substitute any Prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to
any applicable statutory requirements.
21. The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
Compliance with terms and conditions
22. The winning Entries must conform with all of these terms and conditions. No
responsibility will be accepted for late, non-conforming, lost, incomplete or misdirected
Entries. Entries that are not in accordance with these terms and conditions are invalid.
23. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions, or
engaged in unlawful or other improper misconduct (including, but not limited to
defamation) calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The
Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such a person
24. Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website
associated with this Promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate
operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter
reserves the right to seek damages from the offender to the fullest extent permitted by
law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any
25. Any decision made by Centre Management or the Promoter in respect of the Promotion
is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. The Promotion is open to persons aged 13 years or older residing in the state in which
the Centre is located. All Entrants under 18 years of age must have prior consent from a
parent or guardian before entering the Promotion and must be able to provide evidence
of such consent on request.
27. The Promotion is open to all Victorian persons except employees, contractors, agents of
The Glen, sponsors of the Promotion and their immediate families; employees of Vicinity
Limited or related body corporate and their immediate families; tenants in The Glen and
their immediate families; the staff of tenants in The Glen and their immediate families; the
contractors of tenants in The Glen and their immediate families; the proprietors and staff
of companies involved in the production, publishing and administration of the Promotion
and their immediate families. Immediate families means spouse, defacto spouse,
parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) and grandparents. Tenant means
lessees, licensees and, in the case of a corporation, includes their directors.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of Entries submitted to the
Promotion. The Promoter may request any docum
31. All internet, mobile phone and/or SMS charges in relation to the Promotion are the sole
responsibility of the Entrant.
32. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the
33. The warranty (if any) on the goods and services obtained as a result of the Promotion
remains the sole responsibility of the supplier or manufacturer of the Prize.
34. By entering the Promotion, each Entrant hereby gives Centre Management and the
Promoter authority to:
a. publicly announce their name and Christmas Hack (should they be a Winner) on
any social media platform following determination of the Winner of the Promotion
and at any stage thereafter;
b. take a photo and undertake a story on them (should they be a Winner) which will
be featured at The Glen and on social media; and
c. use or replicate their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any
photograph, film, and/or recording of same) in any media at any time or
timewithout royalty, payment or other compensation for the purposes of
promoting the Promotion, The Glen, the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s (or its
related entities) products or services. Further, Winners agree to participate in all
reasonable promotional activities in relation to the Promotion and the winning of
35. By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant agrees that the Promoter may use
information provided by the Entrant in connection with their Entry, Photo or claiming any
Prize in accordance with Vicinity Centres’ Privacy Statement. A copy of Vicinity Centres’
Privacy Statement is available for viewing at the Centre Management office at The Glen
or at http://vicinitycentres.com.au/privacy.html
. The Vicinity Centres’ Privacy Statement
contains information concerning your rights to access and correct the personal
information we hold about you and your right to complain about an alleged breach of the
Australian Privacy Principles. Photos will be the property of The Glen and can be used
and replicated in any way to further promote the Promotion and The Glen. If you no
longer wish for your photo to be used, contact Centre Management, The Glen.
36. By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the
Promoter may collect personal information about Entrants for the purposes of:
a. including Entrants in the Promotion and, where appropriate, awarding Prizes; if
the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant may not be
eligible to participate in the Promotion and the Winner will not be able to claim the
b. enabling the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving
goods and services and to contact the Entrant in the future with information on
special offers or provide Entrants with marketing materials via any medium
including social media, mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages
(SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant
Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or
conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The
Promoter may share information with its Australian related companies or
promotional partners, who may contact the Entrant with special offers in this way.
By entering the Promotion, an Entrant agrees that the Promoter may use the
Entrant's personal information in this manner. Entrants may opt out by clicking on
the “unsubscribe" link in the email or as set out in the SMS/MMS/IM/relevant
Changing the Promotion
37. If the conduct or operation of the Promotion is interfered with or disrupted in any way by
any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter or the Promotion is not
capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to, by reason of misdirected
Entries, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure), the Promoter
reserves the right (in its absolute discretion) to (subject to any statutory requirements)
suspend, modify, cancel, recommence or terminate the Promotion as appropriate. For
the avoidance of doubt, any cause which is outside the reasonable control of the
Promoter includes, but is not limited to, vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts
of God, civil unrest, strikes or computer viruses.
38. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with
any social media platform provider (including, but not limited to, the providers of
Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) or any of their related entities (Provider).
39. Each Entrant agrees to release any Provider from all liability in connection with, or in
relation to, the Promotion.
40. The terms and conditions of the Promotion do not intend to conflict with, or derogate
from, a Provider’s terms and conditions of use, statement of rights and responsibilities (if
any), data use policy or any other terms and conditions imposed by the relevant Provider
on Entrants from time to time to use the relevant social media platform.
41. Any provision of these terms and conditions which is prohibited or unenforceable in any
jurisdiction is ineffective as to that jurisdiction to the extent of the prohibition of
unenforceability. That does not invalidate the remaining provisions of these terms and
conditions nor affect the validity of the provision in any other jurisdiction.
Schedule 1 - Prizes:
Supplier Prize Value
Capricho 1 x $25 meal voucher $25
Coffee Hit 1 x complimentary meal $25
David Jones 1 x complimentary makeover from Dior $98
Hollywood Nails 1 x complimentary manicure $25
1 x complimentary nights’ accommodation, breakfast for two and
Australia 1 x $100 voucher
Mountfords 1 x $100 voucher $100
O’Some Brows 1 x complimentary eyebrow threading and eyebrow tint