To celebrate and support the small business that make Australia great, we are giving away $10,000 to 20 small businesses!
The winners of this grant will receive $4,000 in Cash, $5,000 in H&R Block services and $1,000 in Officeworks gift cards.
Runners up will receive 3 months of free Bookkeeping services!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is H&R Block Limited (ABN: 89 064 268 800) of Suite 1, 265 Pennant Hills Road, Thornleigh NSW 2120 (“Promoter”). This promotion may also be promoted by the Promoter’s promotional partner, Officeworks.
3. Entry is only open to micro/small businesses and sole traders operating in Australia that have less than twenty (20) employees and less than $3m in annualised revenue for the 12 months leading up to the date of application of the grant during the promotional period from 16/4/2018 to 30/9/2018". (“Eligible Businesses”). Eligible Businesses must have a genuine business, with a valid business plan, as determined by the Promoter. Any business or sole trader that the Promoter reasonably suspects not to be a genuine business will be invalidated and will not be eligible to win any prize.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step- grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step- sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entries open on 16/04/2018 and entries close at 11.59pm AEDST on 30/09/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
6. For an Eligible Business to receive an entry into the promotion, an authorised representative of the Eligible Business (who must be an Australian resident aged 18 years or over) must, on behalf of the Eligible Businesses, during the Promotional Period, visit hrblock.com.au/grants- for-growth, follow the prompts to the entry page, provide all of the requested details and an answer to the promotional questions “Why is your business eligible for and should win the prize?” in 100 words or less and “How can H&R Block support small business?” with a minimum of 3 answers and submit the fully completed entry form.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Businesses (including an authorised representative’s identity, age and place of residence and employment and the number of employees and address of the Eligible Business) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Eligible Business who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights
at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Only one (1) entry is permitted per Eligible Business.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Business or an authorised representative, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Business or an authorised representative.
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on creative merit, how well the promotional question is answered and the general benefit and value of the business, as outlined in the answers, to the community and alignment with the H&R Block brand. The judging will commence from 14/10/2018 at Suite 1, 265 Pennant Hills Road, Thornleigh NSW 2120. Additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, will be recorded by the judges and may be selected in case of an invalid entry or ineligible Eligible Business.
12. Prior to judging taking place, entries will be divided into groups (“Groups”), based on district allocation. Specifically, the Promoter has 20 districts in Australia (NSW – 4 District Offices, ACT – 1 District Office, QLD – 3 District Offices, SA/NT – 2 District Offices, WA – 3 District Offices, VIC/TAS – 4 District Offices and Franchise group with 3 District Offices in Australia), for a total of 20 districts, and therefore 20 Groups. Entries in each Group will be judged against other entries in that Group only.
13. The winners will be notified by phone and email.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges, in each Group, will win: (a) $4,000 awarded in the form of a cheque or EFT transfer (as per the winners preference) to the winning Eligible Business; (b) $5,000 credit with H&R Block, redeemable toward H&R Block’s bookkeeping services or Business Services, for the winning Eligible Business; and (c) $1,000 awarded from Officeworks in the form of an Officeworks Gift Card. The credit is subject to the Promoter’s standard terms and must be used by 31/12/2021. Prize will be awarded to the owner of the Eligible Business in each instance.
16. All runner ups, as determined by the judges, in each Group will win three (3) months worth of bookkeeping services with the Promoter, valued at $600. The prize includes: bookkeeping package without payroll. Prize must be redeemed by 30/06/2019.
17. If for any reason a winner does not take or claim a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter (30/06/2022), then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
18. If a prize becomes unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
19. The total prize pool value is $200,000. Runner up prize vale will depend on the number of runner up’s that claim their prize.
20. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
21. Eligible Businesses agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to answers to the promotional questions (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Eligible Businesses (and authorised representatives) warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) the Content is their original work that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the Eligible Business (and the authorised representative) agree to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
22. As a condition of entering this promotion, each Eligible Business (and authorised representative) licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
23. The owner of each Eligible Business consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image, and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or
the details of the Eligible Business in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and Officeworks.
24. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Eligible Business; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in Australia (“Non- Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Officeworks Ltd ABN 36 004 763 526. (“Officeworks”), (includingtheir respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
26. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non- Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter and Officeworks (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s or Officeworks control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter or Officeworks) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or Officeworks; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Business; or (f) the prize (including but not limited to taking and receiving of the prize).
with. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter will not disclose individual’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia.
28. Grants for Growth Social Sharing
This promotion is conducted by H&R Block Limited (ABN: 89 064 268 800) of Suite 1, 265 Pennant Hills Road, Thornleigh NSW 2120. This promotion is open from Monday 16th April 2018 9am AEST, and closes 30th September 2018 at 9am.
To enter the draw to win a $400 WISH e-Gift Card, simply like the H&R Block Australia Facebook page (https://business.facebook.com/hrblockau
), take a
photo of what makes you and your small business special and post it on your social platforms using the hashtag #GrantsForGrowth.
Entry is open to Australian residents, aged 18 years and over. Proof of residency and/ or age may be required to be awarded the prize.
This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on creative merit and the general benefit and value of the business, as outlined in the answers, to the community and alignment with the H&R Block brand. The judging will commence from 14/10/2018 at Suite 1, 265 Pennant Hills Road, Thornleigh NSW 2120.
The winner will be contacted shortly after. Additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, will be recorded by the judges and may be selected in case the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours of the end of the promotion.
All competition steps must be followed One entry per business
Open from 16th April at 9am AEST and closes 30th September 2018 at 9am AEST.
The winner will be selected by a member of the H&R Block team and
announced on the Facebook page, on 17 October 2018.
Winner has 48 hour to respond, if winner does not claim within 48 hours H&R Block will determine the next best entry. Australian residents only.