Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 26 April 2024, 08:22:21 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,703 comps and freebies worth over $33,723,426.81 listed

That's over thirty three million, seven hundred and twenty three thousand, four hundred and twenty six dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016029 Total Posts (445862 Searchable Posts) in 298210 Topics by 41499 Members
Latest Member: squxiu
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  The Lilac Bouquet by Carolyn Brown - Book Review & Giveaway/RC
Entry Details
  • The Lilac Bouquet Book     Closing Date: Monday 18 June 2018

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: The Lilac Bouquet by Carolyn Brown - Book Review & Giveaway/RC  (Read 81 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Monday 04 June 2018, 03:49:27 pm »
Go Up

http://www.withloveforbooks.com/2018/06/the-lilac-bouquet-by-carolyn-brown-book.html

The Lilac Bouquet by Carolyn Brown - Book Review & Giveaway

Amazon USA Amazon UK Goodreads

Review by Suze

Emmy Jo wants to invite the whole town to her wedding. She's determined to show everyone who judges her family that a Massey woman can get married. Emmy Jo is Tandy's great-granddaughter and they have a special bond. Her great-grandmother raised her as well as she could. Tandy is a woman who commands respect, but she has enemies in town and one of them is Seth, a local recluse. To pay for her dream wedding Emmy Jo is doing something Tandy doesn't like, she's going to work for Seth. He's just broken his hip and needs an assistant.

Tandy isn't happy with Emmy Jo's plans to marry Logan, family of another man she greatly dislikes, so she's doubly dissatisfied with her great-granddaughter's decisions. She doesn't tell Emmy Jo why, but Emmy Jo is curious enough to dig up information and find out more about her great-grandmother's past. She likes Seth a lot and wants to get married without any feuds overshadowing the wedding. While looking into the past Emmy Jo discovers much more than she bargained for and knowing her family history will drastically change the course of her future, will she be ready for this?

The Lilac Bouquet is a beautiful story about family, true love and secrets. I absolutely loved Emmy Jo. She's a sweet girl with a heart of gold. She can also stand up for herself and knows how to make people like her. She's a wonderful charming main character and I greatly admired her open and disarming personality. With the gentle and handsome Logan she's found true love and is willing to fight for it, which is something I liked a lot. While doing this she uncovers plenty of intriguing secrets that kept me glued to the pages. I read The Lilac Bouquet in one sitting and loved every single sentence.

Carolyn Brown knows how to set a brilliant atmosphere. That's one of the things I love the most about her books. I can easily picture everything she describes and always like what I see. Her detailed and dynamic ways of creating a scene are priceless. She constantly manages to make me smile. Her stories are surprising, entertaining and original and The Lilac Bouquet completely enchanted me. It's a wonderful story that I highly recommend. I'm so happy that I've found another true gem that will stay with me for a very long time.

Advice

If you love stories about friendship, true love, family and secrets set in small towns you don't want to miss The Lilac Bouquet.

About Carolyn Brown

New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Carolyn Brown was born in Texas and raised in southern Oklahoma. These days she and her husband make their home in Davis, Oklahoma, a small town of less than three thousand people where everyone knows everyone, knows what they are doing and with whom, and read the weekly newspaper to see who got caught.

A plaque hangs on her office wall that says I know the voices are not real but they have such great ideas. That is her motto and muse as she goes through the days with quirky characters in her head, telling their stories, one by one, and loving her job.

She has been married almost half a century to a retired English teacher that she calls Mr. B and he does not read her books before they are published because she cannot afford a divorce. They have three grown children.—and enough grandchildren to keep them busy and young.

When Carolyn is not writing she likes to sit in the back yard and watch the two tom cats protect the yard from all kinds of wicked varmints like crickets, other cats, spiders and blue jays.

Links

Website // Amazon // Facebook // Goodreads

Giveaway

One very lucky reader of With Love for Books will receive a signed paperback or Kindle copy of The Lilac Bouquet by Carolyn Brown (winner’s choice).

The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to respond. All of our giveaways are international.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0141 seconds with 8 queries.
Friday 26 April 2024, 08:22:21 pm from 18.216.121.55