What's in the Box?
This Winter, it's your chance to win a brand-new BMW. There's also a share of over $25,000 cash - all you have to do is swipe your membership card daily!
Bankstown Sports is giving away a brand-new BMW 118i worth over $48,000 and every single member has a chance to win!
To enter all you have to do is swipe your membership card in-venue on the swipe screens located on the gaming floor and outside Greenfield Station Bistro and Platform One during the promotional period. You can swipe your membership card once every four hours to enter more tickets in the barrel and increase your chances of being selected that week.
Over nine weeks we will be running Weekly Draws at Bankstown Sports on Thursday nights during June, July and August. One lucky member each week will win $1000 cash and secure their spot in the Major Prize Draw, where they have the chance to win a BMW 118i. The Major Prize Draw will be held Thursday 9 August 2018.
The first Weekly Draw will be held on Thursday 7 June 2018, commencing at 7:45pm and members can start swiping their membership card to enter from Friday 1 June 2018. Members will have four minutes to claim their prize before a redraw is conducted. We will continue to randomly select tickets from the barrel every four minutes until a winner is found. If a winner cannot be found before 9:45pm on Weekly Draw nights we will call the finalist to let them know of the great news and the $1000 cash prize will be added to the consolation prize pool on the Major Draw.
On the night of the Major Prize Draw, several Bonus Draws will be held, giving members another chance to be in the running to win cash and the BMW 118i. Bonus Draws will be conducted at 7pm, 7:30pm and 8pm on Thursday 9 Augusut 2018 to find our minimum final three finalists. There will also be Bonus Draws for any finalist spots left unclaimed from the Weekly Draws or if these members haven't made themselves known on the night.
On Thursday 9 August 2018 members can begin swiping their membership card from 4pm until 7:59pm to go in the running to become a finalist. Once all Bonus Draws are completed and the 12 finalist positions have been filled the Major Prize Draw will commence (approximately 8pm).
Our 12 finalists will each select a mystery box numbered 1-12. Inside 11 of the boxes will be a card with a cash prize written on it and the final box will have a card for the winning BMW 118i! All finalists must be present to select their box and claim their prize on the night.
Bankstown Sports Special Members’ Draw:
What’s in the Box? – Terms and Conditions
1. Bankstown Sports What’s in the Box? will commence Friday 1 June 2018 at 9am AEST and conclude
Thursday 9 August 2018 at 8pm AEST.
2. Draws will be from a total prize pool of $73,597. Distributed into the following:
Weekly Draws: Totalling $9,000 ($1,000 per week. Weekly amounts may be added to the consolation
prize pool if winner is not present, as detailed below.)
Major Draw – Thursday 9 August
BMW 118i 5-doors: $48,497
Major Draw Consolation Prize Pool: $16,100 (minimum, the prize pool may increase by a maximum
3. Each draw will be conducted at Bankstown District Sports Club (BDSC) of 8 Greenield Parade,
Bankstown NSW 2200, phone 02 9722 9888, using the OLGR approved promotional system. The
drawn membership number will be displayed on selected screens at BDSC. The membership number
will also be announced over the public address system. In the event of a technical failure, membership
numbers may not be displayed on screens and/or draws may be postponed.
4. Entrants for this promotion must be inancial and current members throughout the promotional period
to be eligible to win. This is an over 18s promotion.
5. For the major draw on Thursday 9 August 2018, members must be physically and personally present at
BDSC to claim their prize within the claim period.
6. Suspended members at the time of the draw are not eligible to enter the draw or claim prizes.
7. Directors, management, staf, contracted personnel and their immediate family are not permitted to
claim prizes. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child
or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent,
uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or 1st cousin.
8. In the event of a technical failure (including but not limited to the display screens, ticket printer, PA
system or draw system), draws may be postponed or cancelled. Cancellation or postpone of a draw
is strictly at management discretion and negotiation will not be entered into. In the event of a
cancellation, prizing of cancelled draws is forfeited and the cancelled draws value will be added to the
9. The draws every Thursday between Thursday 7 June 2018 and Thursday 2 August 2018 are referred
to as the ‘Weekly Draws’.
10. Members will receive the following entries for swiping their membership card at the end of bank
terminals and 2 screens located outside Greenield Station Bistro and Platform One in any given 24-
hour period. End of bank screens can’t be accessed from 6am – 9am daily:
a. 4pm – 7.59pm AEST: 1 entry
b. 8pm – 11.59am AEST: 1 entry
c. 12am – 3.59am AEST: 1 entry
d. 4am – 7.59am AEST: 1 entry
e. 8am – 11.59am AEST: 1 entry
f. 12pm – 3.59pm AEST: 1 entry
11. After swiping the membership card, a ticket will print to a nominated barrel. All tickets will be
drawn from the barrel for the ‘Weekly Draws’. One entry per member per valid time period, as stated
above. Management discretion applies in relation to swiping and entries. Members are to swipe their
own personal membership cards only. Members swiping multiple cards or cards of other members may
result in disqualiication (relative to all cards used).
12. The ‘Weekly Draws’ will be held between 7.45pm AEST until 9.45pm AEST every Thursday between
Thursday 7 June 2018 and Thursday 2 August 2018 to ind 1 eligible winner per week. As soon as the
weekly winner is found, no further draws on that night will occur.
13. The ‘Weekly Draw’ prize is a inalist position at the ‘Major Draw’ on Thursday 9 August and $1,000
cash. If the winner was not physically and personally present to claim their prize, the $1,000 cash prize
will be forfeited and added to the ‘Major Draw Consolation Prize Pool’ on Thursday 9 August 2018.
14. The ‘Weekly Draws’ are drawn from the barrel of inancial members who swiped their membership
card for the week leading up to the Thursday draw. The irst Thursday draw on Thursday 7 June 2018
will be from all members that swiped their membership card from 9am AEST Friday 1 June 2018 until
7.45pm AEST Thursday 7 June 2018.
15. All ‘Weekly Draws’ thereafter will be from members that swiped their membership card after a weekly
winner is found on that Thursday until the following Thursday draw.
16. Each week, all tickets up until the prize has been won will be disposed of.
17. The drawn member will have four (4) minutes to claim their prize at the dedicated promotion area as
announced by the promotion host. If the prize is unclaimed after four (4) minutes, redraws will occur
every 4 minutes between 7.45pm AEST until 9.45pm AEST that night. The irst winner selected after
9.45pm AEST that night will win the inalist place at the Major Draw regardless of their attendance on
the night and will be phoned the next business day. If they don’t claim their prize, an additional inalist
will be sourced on the major draw night.
18. Members can only win one ‘Weekly Draw’ which means only one inalist position and one $1,000 cash
draw. If the same member from previous as been selected, a redraw will occur.
19. By accepting the inalist position, the member must be present on Thursday 9 August 2018 before
7pm to register their attendance. They must also be present in the nominated promotion area
from 7.50pm for the major draw. The inalist must also bring their membership card and proof of
identity. If the winner is not present, their inalist place will be forfeited and another inalist will be
selected on the major draw night in their place.
20. Weekly winners will be announced the following business day, by 10AM. Announcements may include
but are not limited to BankstownSports.com, Facebook, Instagram and local media. Winner names (irst
initial and surname), residing suburb, prize won and images may be used in the announcement/s.
21. The total (maximum) prize pool of the ‘Weekly Draws’ is $9,000 cash.
Major Draw – Bonus Draws
22. The draws at 7pm, 7.30pm and 8pm on the major draw night (Thursday 9 August 2018) are referred to
as ‘Major Draw – Bonus Draws’.
23. The ‘Major Draw – Bonus Draws’ includes only members who swiped their membership card at end
bank swipe screens or 2 screens located outside Greenield Station Bistro or Platform One from 4pm –
7.59pm AEST on Thursday 9 August 2018.
24. The prize is for a inalist position at the ‘Major Draw’.
25. The drawn member will have four (4) minutes to claim their prize at the promotion area as announced
by the promotion host.
26. Redraws will take place every four (4) minutes until a winner is found.
27. The total ‘Final Draw Night - Bonus Draw’ prize pool is minimum of 3 positions to ind inalists for the
Major Draw. Any additional draws for inalist positions will be dependent on any unclaimed prizes and
28. The ‘Major Draw’ is on Thursday 9 August 2018.
29. Members can swipe their membership card from 4pm AEST until 7.59pm AEST at the end of bank
terminals and 2 screens located outside Greenield Station Bistro and Platform One. Within this period,
one swipe per person is allowed.
30. Once all 12 inalist positions from the ‘Major Draw- Bonus Draws’ have been illed then the major draw
can commence. This should commence at approximately 8pm and no earlier.
31. The 12 inalists will select a mystery box of their choice. Each mystery box has a number from 1 – 12 on
them. The irst person to select their box is the irst inalist conirmed from week 1 ‘weekly draw’ and
then it will be in chronological order.
32. When the prizes are revealed, the inalist that has selected box one will go irst, followed by two and in
33. 11 of the boxes will have cash prizes written on the card. 1 of the boxes will have the BMW 118i 5-doors.
34. The consolation prize amounts to be won will be announced by the MC on the major draw day. Any
additional cash prizes that were forfeited as part of the ‘Weekly Draws’ will be included in this prize
pool. Minimum consolation prize pool is $16,100 and maximum consolation prize pool is $25,100.
35. All winners are required to present proof of identity and their membership card to claim their prize.
In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and
no substitute will be ofered. The winner of the BMW 118i 5-doors must have a valid drivers licence.
36. All winners must be present to claim their prize.
37. All prize winners will be announced the following business day, by 10AM. Announcements may include
but are not limited to BankstownSports.com, Facebook, Instagram and local media. Winner names (irst
initial and surname), residing suburb, prize won and images may be used in the announcement/s.
38. The winner of the BMW 118i 5-doors will receive the following features:
a) The features are:
- Model Description: 118i 5 Doors
- Colour: Alpine White
- Cloth Corner Anthracite/Grey highlight
- Packs: 7AC- Sport Line (NCO)
- Trim: 4LV- Int trim in. Black high-gloss highlight trim in. Coral Red Matt.
- Wheels: 2DR-16” light alloy wheels Star-spoke style 376
- All registration costs. Any additional costs including but not limited to comprehensive insurance will
be at owner’s expense.
b) Must have a valid driver’s licence. A copy of the licence must be supplied to Canterbury BMW, so the
vehicle can be registered in the winner’s name.
c) Will receive the exact car that is on display in the Mona Street foyer at Bankstown Sports.
d) Bankstown Sports does not take any liability for BMW 118i faults after the prize has been won
e) Independent inancial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting
f) Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
g) Prize cannot be taken on the ‘Major Draw’ the winner will collect the BMW 118i 5-doors from
Canterbury BMW located at 376-384 Canterbury Road, Canterbury NSW.
h) Contact details of Canterbury BMW will be given to the winner on ‘Major Draw’ night. It is up to the
winner to organise with Canterbury BMW for a mutually convenient time for collection of the car and
i) Any other speciic details about the car’s insurances, capabilities and features can be obtained from
General Terms and Conditions
39. The Promoter is Bankstown District Sports Club Limited ABN 88 000 243 916 (referred to as “BDSC”) of
8 Greenield Parade Bankstown NSW 2200, phone 02 9722 9888.
40. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is
deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
41. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this
competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
42. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the
opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading,
deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
43. The Promoter’s decision is inal and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the
competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
44. Independent inancial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting
45. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
46. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the
prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to conirm such
conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
47. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form
determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion
48. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or
otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the
internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
49. Prize must be taken within 3 months from the winner announcement date. In the event a winner does
not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and prize
will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
50. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to
amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or
afect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter
will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this
51. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error,
omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure,
theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take
any action that may be available.
52. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by
computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes
beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or afect the administration, security, fairness or
integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to
disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, an
to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State
The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is
unable to satisfy these terms and conditions
53. BDSC is not permitted to issue any more than $2,000 prize money in cash. Any prize money
exceeding $2,000 must be awarded as a registered cheque or EFT. If the prize is claimed 10pm or
later, the entire prize must be issued as a registered cheque or EFT.
54. This competition is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winner.
55. Authorised under NSW Permit Number LTPS/18/24349
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
56. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits
the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or ilmed during the winner’s
participation in the prize to appear in connection with Bankstown Sports or the advertising or
marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to
any fee for such use.
57. Each entrant hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright and all
moral rights in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with that
entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). Each entrant warrants that the
Promoter is free to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether
in original or modiied form, in whole or in part or not at all) and to exercise its rights in relation thereto
and neither the entrant nor any third party will be entitled to any fee for such use.
58. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or signiicantly hinders
the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in
these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural
disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute
discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to
any directions given under State Regulation.
59. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the
Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law)
which cannot be excluded, restricted or modiied. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to
the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage
whatsoever which is sufered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any
personal injury sufered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which
cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information,
either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in
this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of
the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay
in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft
or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
60. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter
has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other
improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The
Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an ofender are reserved.
61. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you
for the purposes of conducting this promotion.
62. All entries become the property of The Promoter. All entries will be entered into a database and The
Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional,
marketing and publicity purposes. By entering, entrants conirm that they allow their details to be used
for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes,
the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify
or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
63. The Promoter collects information about you, including for example your name and contact details
which you provide when registering. We collect and use that information to provide you with our
goods and services and to promote and improve our goods and services. We may share your
information with our related companies and any of us may be in contact for those purposes (including
by email and SMS). We may also use your information as described when we collect information from
you. If you do not provide us with requested information we may not be able to provide you with the
goods and services, you require. Where you have entered a competition, we may disclose your
personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise as required by law. The
March_204_inal.pdf. To request access to, or to update, personal information the Promoter holds
about them, entrants can contact the oice of the Promoter at 02 9722 9888.