Virgin challenge their passengers to create the ultimate Australian dumpling flavour
VIRGIN Australia is calling on passengers to invent the “ultimate true-blue dumpling flavour” to help celebrate its new Sydney to Hong Kong route — with the winning creation to even appear on flight menus for a month.
The company’s group chief executive John Borghetti recently said the airline was set on “shaking up” the Australia-Hong Kong market and “increasing the airline’s presence into Greater China”.
The inaugural flight is scheduled to depart in early July, with daily services thereafter. It comes after the company’s Melbourne-to-Hong Kong route has proved popular. The winner of the “dumpling challenge” — to be judged by Virgin Australia’s resident chef Luke Mangan — will score two return business-class flights from Sydney to Hong Kong and two nights at The Murray Hong Kong.Entrances are encouraged to be as descriptive as possible.
Virgin has teamed up with The Daily Telegraph for the competition. To enter just email: email@example.com://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/competitions/virgin-challenge-their-passengers-to-create-the-ultimate-australian-dumpling-flavour/news-story/77f942e1e5f9ea68afe4cb4173efc37dTERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The Promoter is is News Limited (ABN 47 007 871 178) of 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW. 2010. Telephone number 02 9288 3000.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of the Promoter (News Corp Australia) and of the prize provider Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd (Virgin Australia).
5. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
6. The competition commences on 25/06/2018 at 9:00am AEST and concludes on 06/07/2018 at 9:00am AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
How to enter
7. Entrants may enter the competition by:
Submitting their original entry:
• EMAIL by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Participants will be required to e-mail their personal details including, but not limited to, full name, address, post code, telephone number. Luke Mangan will be judging the dumplings and the most creative dumpling will win.
8. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and condtions.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
9. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
11. [ONE PRIZE PER PERSON] Only one entry per person.
Determination and Notification of winner
12. The winner will be the valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by Luke Mangan to be the most creative dumpling at 9:00 am on 9/7/2018 at 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW. 2010
This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.