Your prize includes:
Return flights for you and 3 friends to LA
5 nights celebrity-style accommodation in the Hollywood Hills
VIP access to a red carpet movie premiere
After party access
Personal shopping experience in Beverly Hills
Hair and makeup appointment with a celebrity stylist
Personal paparazzi team
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Optus Administration Pty Ltd ABN 79 055 136 804, 1 Lyonpark Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. Ph: 02 8082 7800
Start date: 02/07/18 at 09:00 am AEST End date: 23/09/18 at 11:59 pm AEST
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 21 years and over and are an eligible Optus customer with an active Optus service.
Eligible Optus customers include Consumer customers, Small Business customers and Fleet customers (i.e. they are eligible to participate in the Promotion). This includes pre-paid/post-paid Optus mobile users, Optus broadband users and Optus landline customers.
The following customers/customers of the following products/services are excluded from this Promotion:
Optus TV featuring Foxtel satellite, Optus Thuraya, ‘Google Apps for Business’, Optus MyBiz OnlineTM, Complex
fixed services (Fleet and Micro), standalone YesTV by Fetch, VAS services (e.g. bolt-ons, roaming), Coles prepaid
customers and all Optus Corporate products.
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must visit optusperks.com.au, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, email address, mobile number and State/Territory of residence) and Optus Mobile Phone Number or Account Number, during the Promotional Period.
Only one (1) eligible entry per person will be accepted. By completing the entry method, the entrant will receive one (1) entry.
Up to AUD $55,000.00
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The major prize is a trip for four (4) people to LA to “Live Like a Movie Star” from 06/11/2018 to 12/11/2018 and includes:
• Four (4) x economy return flights from winner’s
nearest capital city to Los Angeles.
• Accommodation in a celebrity-style home in the
Hollywood Hills for five (5) nights. Exact accommodation venue determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
• VIP access to a red carpet movie premiere in Hollywood
• Access to the celebrity after-party.
• Access to celebrity hotspots in Hollywood.
• Paparazzi to follow and capture pictures/footage of
Up to AUD$55,000.00
Draw: computerised random selection - 28/09/18 at 02:30 pm AEST
No part of this prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable.
• Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
• Exact inclusions in any element of the prize listed above, unless otherwise specified by the Promoter, will
be the responsibility of the winner and their guest for the prize.
• Travel must be taken between 06/11/2018 to 12/11/2018. If a winner is unavailable or unwilling to travel
on the aforementioned date/s required by the Promoter, they will forfeit their right to the prize and will
not be awarded cash or any other alternative in lieu.
• The prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
• Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
• Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas,
vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges
and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description herein, are not included.
• The winner and his/her travel companion/s are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports,
and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation.
• Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does
not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated,
then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
• Winner will be required to produce credit card upon check in to accommodations for incidentals. This is
• Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
• The winner and his/her travel companion/s must depart from and return to the same departure point and
• All elements are subject to availability at time of booking. There is no cash alternative. Prize is non-
refundable and non-transferable.
• Certain events may have a minimum age requirement for entry and this will fall outside of the control of
the Promoter and/or its suppliers.
• Airline Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. no name changes allowed). Once tickets are issued, they are non-
transferable. Any alterations to confirmed flights and/or accommodation and/or scheduling arrangements will be at the expense of the winner and their travelling companions and cannot be split across different time periods.
• Individual supplier terms and conditions apply.
• Flights are economy class and may be indirect. The airline’s Conditions of Carriage apply to all flights. The
Winner and travelling companions must travel at the same time and are responsible for transport from
their residence to their nearest Capital City Airport in Australia. These conditions apply for all flights.
• Airline, flight route and dates of travel are subject to the Promoter’s absolute and final decision.
• Winner and his/her guest must have valid e-passports and applicable visas/permissions. Passports must
have 6 months validity from the return date of entry back into Australia.
Winner and his/her guest are responsible for registering with the US Visa Waiver programme: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov
• The United States requires that travelers entering the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA) hold an e-Passport if their passport was issued on or after 26th October 2006.
• Any changes by the winner made to the specified prize package (including travel extensions, additional guests, etc) will be subject to an administration fee which must be settled in full prior to booking confirmation.
• Room types (including number of beds) cannot be guaranteed, although requests by the winner and his/guests in advance will be submitted to the properties in question. Occasionally, properties may require an upgrade fee for certain room types. These fees will be at the expense of the winner and/or his/her guests.
• Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
• Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
• During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under
18 years of age.
The winner will be contacted in writing by e-mail and phone via the details that were provided in the entry form within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner will be published on Optusperks.com.au by 03/10/18.
Prize(s) must be claimed by 09/10/18 at 02:30 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 10/10/18 at 02:30 pm AEDT at Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia. The winner of the redraw will be notified in writing by e-mail and phone via the details that were provided in the entry form within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winner will be notified publicly (and their details published) on Optusperks.com.au by 12/10/18.
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this
Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
a) The draw will take place at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia at 02:30 pm AEST on
28/09/18 using computerised random selection.
i) The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the prize specified in the Schedule above.
b) The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on
the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the
draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
6. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
7. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the
Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
8. The value of the prize is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prize (inclusive of GST) at the date of
printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize after that date.
9. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the
prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
10. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion.
11. The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third
party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
12. Entrants' personal information will be collected by the Promoter. Personal information will be stored on the Promoter's
13. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
14. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize. If a winner’s guest for the prize is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on their behalf.
15. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
16. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
17. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
18. ThePromoterreservestheright,atanytime,tovalidateandchecktheauthenticityofentriesandentrant'sdetails(including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
19. ThePromoterreservestherighttodisqualifyentriesintheeventofnon-compliancewiththeseConditionsofEntry.Inthe event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. ThePromoteranditsassociatedagenciesandcompanieswillnotbeliableforanyloss(including,withoutlimitation,indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
21. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
22. Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
24. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.