Our biggest ever cookbook GIVEAWAY
Enter our lucky dip for a chance to win one of these 40 cookbooks. (SBS Food)
We are giving away a lucky-dip of cookbooks from SBS Food HQ. There are 40 cookbooks in our huge prize pile.
We want to celebrate this season of The Chefs' Line by giving away cookbooks of every cuisine prepared in the show - and then some. We have 40 cookbooks in our stack to gift to 40 of our thoughtful readers.
Our prize pool is filled with the latest beautiful cookbooks hot-off-the-press. The most innovative recipes, stunning food photography and stories about connecting and sharing cuisines from every corner of the globe.
World trip for taste buds
Here's a selection of the books we are giving away:
Biggest ever cookbook giveaway - SBS Food
Browsing through our book pile is embarking on a world expedition of food.
Taste Le Tour - Gabriel Gate (watch the show on SBS On Demand)
Made in Vietnam - Tracey Lister and Andreas Pohl
Turkish Meze - Sevtap Yüce
"What really sets Vietnamese cuisine apart from the food of other countries in the region is its judicious use of aromatics." - Tracey Lister and Andreas Pohl, Made in Vietnam.
Indian Made Easy - Amandip Uppal
Long Weekends - Rick Stein
More Please - Manu Fidel
Biggest ever cookbook giveaway - SBS Food
Trying your chance at our lucky dip might mean you end up with a new favourite cookbook or even cuisine.
Mr Todiwala's Bombay - Cyrus Todiwala
French Country Cooking - Mimi Thorisson
Thai Street Food - David Thompson (watch on
My Asian Kitchen - Jennifer Joyce
"In this book I share with you favourite recipes from my life in this remarkable city, to give you just a taste of what my beloved Bombay has to offer." - Cyrus Todiwala, Mr Todiwala's Bombay.
Stefano Manfredi's Italian Food - Stefano Mandredi
The Fire of Peru - Ricardo Zarate and Jenn Garbee
Mezze to Milk Tart - Cecile Yazbek
Fire and Smoke - Rich Harris
Little Korea - Billy Law and Simon Park
"His wife, Conchita, had worked in the vineyards when she was younger, only, she said, 'to be able to attend the harvest lunches at 1 rue de Loudenne.'" - Mimi Thorisson, French Country Cooking.
Biggest ever cookbook giveaway
Simmer a hot curry, cook up a barbecue feast or join Gabriel Gate on a gastronomic tour around France.
How to win a lucky dip cookbook
Enter your details below for your chance to win one of the cookbooks.
Each prize consists of one cookbook, selected randomly from the competition pile of 40 cookbooks.
Competition opens: Thursday 16 August 2018 at 11:00 am (AEST)
Competition closes: Sunday 14 October 2018 at 11:59 pm (AEST)
Competition drawn: Thursday 18 October 2018 at 11:00 am (AEST)
The full terms & conditions are here. Please read them carefully.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time, in accordance with state regulations. Participants should check the SBS website http://www.sbs.com.au/aboutus/corporate/view/id/114/h/Terms-and-Conditions
for the current version.
2. Except where advertised differently, entry is only open to all residents of Australia. Special Broadcasting Services Corporation’s (“SBS”) employees, associated companies and agencies, and their immediate families are ineligible.
3. To enter, participants must follow the directions on https://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/2018/08/08/win-cookbook-our-biggest-ever-cookbook-giveaway
, fill-in their details including, but not limited to, name, email and address; and agree to be automatically signed-up to the SBS Food newsletter.
4. The competition period starts on Thursday 16 Aug 2018 at 11:00 am (AEST) and ends on Sunday 14 October 2018 at 11:59 pm (AEST) (the Promotional Period). Entries will only be accepted during the Promotional Period.
5. All valid entries submitted during the specified Promotional Period, will be entered into the prize draw to win the nominated prizes.
6. Except where advertised differently, entries are limited to one per person. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant automatically to enter repeatedly is prohibited (“Repeat Entry Device”). If the Promoter reasonably believes that an entrant is using any Repeat Entry Device, the Promoter may disqualify that entrant without notice.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Prizes will consist of (1) cookbook, randomly selected from the prize pool. The prize will be valued between AUD$19.99 and AUD$69.95 (RRP) inclusive of GST. There are forty (40) prizes to be won. The total prize pool will be valued at AUD$1,748.20 (RRP) inclusive of GST.
9. Subject to clause 13, all prizes are as depicted or described in the promotions for the competition and are not subject to change.
10. Prizes are not transferable or cannot be exchanged for cash.
11. SBS accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury incurred from entering the competition or in connection with taking up the prize.
12. Once prizes have left the prize supplier’s premises, SBS takes no responsibility for any prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
13. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. In the event that any prize item is unavailable, SBS reserves the right to substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value, subject to approval in accordance with state regulations.
14. Subject to clause 16, prizes will be delivered to the winner within one (1) month of the winner being selected.
PRIZE DRAW AND WINNER NOTIFICATION
15. All prize draws will take place at SBS Corporation on Thursday 18 October 2018 at 11:00 am (AEST). All winners will be notified by phone, email, and/or mail within 2 days of the end of the competition. All winners will be published https://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/2018/08/08/win-cookbook-our-biggest-ever-cookbook-giveaway
no later than 30 days of the prize draw following each competition.
UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW
16. The unclaimed prize draw will take place:
a. three months after the draw, at SBS Corporation on Thursday 17 January 2019 at 11:00 am (AEST).
17. SBS will conduct such further draws as are necessary in order to distribute any of the prizes. Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified either by phone or email within 2 days of the unclaimed prize draw. Winners’ names will be published https://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/2018/08/08/win-cookbook-our-biggest-ever-cookbook-giveaway
no later 30 days of the redraw of the relevant prize.
18. SBS reserves the right to request information to verify the validity of entries including: proof of identity and/or proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address. Acceptance of verification information is at the discretion of SBS. SBS reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions of entry.
19. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
20. SBS’s determination of the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. No responsibility will be accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into SBS's database, and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
22. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of SBS which corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, SBS reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory, where required. Tampering includes the use of Repeat Entry Device software.
23. SBS is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of computer on line (or wireless) systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, or technical problems resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
25. By entering this competition, you give SBS the right to use your name, address, email address and mobile number for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes outside of the competition.
26. Where a competition is promoted on Facebook, entrants acknowledge this competition is in no way associated with, administered or endorsed by Facebook. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this competition is not provided to Facebook.
27. SBS is the Special Broadcasting Services Corporation, 14 Herbert St, Artarmon NSW 2064 ABN: 91 314 398 574. You can contact SBS Consumer Services on 1800 500 727.
28 Authorised under NSW Permit No LTPM/18/03453 ACT Permit No. TP18/01479. Promotions under these terms and conditions will commence on 16/08/18 and finish on 30/04/2019.
For The Lottery Department's Information Only:
A single prize will not exceed $1,000 and the total value of the prizes will be capped at $100,000.