If you're dreaming about your next road trip or need an excuse to get away, here's your chance.
This year Hertz reaches it's 100th anniversary and to celebrate,American Express Card members have the chance to win a $100 Hertz car rental voucher to use on their next car rental booking.
There are 100 vouchers up for grabs, simply complete the form to enter the draw to win.
- American Express Corporate Card Holders and Additional or Supplementary Card Members are ineligible to enter.
-The voucher is redeemable at participating Australian locations only.
- Your address details are required for voucher mailing purposes only.
Please choose one of the below options:
I have a Card issued by American Express
I have an American Express Card issued by a Bank
I am not an American Express Card Member
I have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Consent of this competition.*
merican Express represents Hertz 100 Year Anniversary
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Registration and entry in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. The Promoter (the ďPromoterĒ or ďAmerican ExpressĒ) in Australia is American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085) of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
3. The Promotion Period commences at 00:00 AEST Saturday, 01 September 2018 and closes at 23:59 AEDT on Wednesday, 31 October 2018. Entries received outside the Promotion Period will not be accepted.
4. Eligible Entrants must be:
(a) 18 years of age or over; and
(b) The Primary card holder of an American Express Card issued by American Express Australia Limited or a Licensed Network Partner and whose account(s) are in good standing.
a. Eligible Cards issued by a Licensed Network Partner are American Express Cardsģ issued by Commonwealth Bank of Australia 2009 (ABN 48 123 123 124).
5. American Express Corporate Card Holders and Additional or Supplementary Card Members are ineligible to enter.
6. Employees of American Express and any related bodies corporate, any other agencies associated with this promotion, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER
7. To enter the competition Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
(a) Visit amexinvites.com.au;
(b) Go to the Competition promotion page; and
(c) Follow the prompts to complete their entry by providing their full name, phone number, residential address and email address.
8. There is a limit of one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant.
9. Entrants completing the online registration form, will have the option to Opt-in to receive Hertz marketing communications
10. The Total Prize Value is AU$10,000 consisting of one hundred (100) Hertz Car Rental Vouchers valued at AU$100.00 each.
11. Each Eligible Entrant will only be eligible to win one (1) of the one hundred (100) Hertz Car Rental Vouchers. There will be one hundred (100) prize winners.
DRAW & WINNER NOTIFICATION
12. The winners will be drawn on Friday, 16 November 2018 at 2:00PM (AEDT) at Engage Australia, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
13. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw.
14. Prize Winnersí names will be published on the competition page at www.amexinvites.com.au
by Thursday, 30 November 2018.
15. An unclaimed prize draw will take place on Tuesday, 19 February 2019 at 11:00AM (AEDT) at Engage Australia, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Any unclaimed Prize Winnersí names will be published on the competition page at www.amexinvites.com.au
by Thursday, 28 February 2019.
16. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
17. The Promoterís decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Prizes will be awarded to the Eligible Entrant named on the entry form.
PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
19. The Hertz Car Rental Voucher entitles the customer to AU$100.00 value off the time and kilometer charges on their next car rental booking with Hertz.
a) This offer is applicable to Australian residents only for rentals at participating Hertz locations in Australia listed in this link https://merchantgeo.secure.force.com/selectsImage/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?retURL=/selectsImage/apex/selectsImage&file=0
b) This voucher may not be combined with any other offer, discount or promotion.
c) Advance bookings are required, minimum 2 hours.
d) Customer may only redeem one (1) voucher in a single transaction.
e) A minimum of one rental day with a maximum of twenty eight days apply on selected Hertz rates.
f) Voucher must be surrendered at time of vehicle collection. Vouchers can be redeemed online, however Vouchers must be provided to the location staff upon pick-up of the rental vehicle.
g) Vouchers can be redeemed for all vehicle categories.
h) The cost of the rental will be based on the standard Hertz rates at the time of reservation at the location where the voucher is presented.
i) If the value of the rental exceeds the value of the voucher, the remaining rental value must be paid at the time of rental.
j) Each voucher can only be redeemed once. If the value of the voucher exceeds the value of the rental, the remaining voucher value will be forfeited.
k) A credit card in the name of the renter must be presented upon collection of the vehicle to secure a deposit.
l) This voucher excludes additional taxes and charges such as location surcharges and cannot be used on prepaid (Pay Now) rates.
m) Renter must agree to and sign Hertz standard rental agreement in order to use the voucher. Hertz minimum driver qualifications in effect at the time and place of rental apply and all drivers must present a valid driverís license at the time of pick up.
n) Hertz reserves the right to refuse a rental if Hertz minimum driver qualifications are not met or a valid credit card is not provided.
o) Redemption of the voucher is subject to vehicle availability at time of vehicle collection.
p) Reselling to third parties is prohibited.
q) Hertz takes no responsibility for lost vouchers and they will not be replaced.
r) The Voucher will be valid for 3 years from the month issued. After the expiration date the voucher is no longer valid and no refunds will be issued.
s) Voucher issuance and possession does not guarantee a rental and is not a confirmation of a reservation. Hertz shall not be liable for any loss, damage or delay resulting from a failure to honour any reservation or voucher.
20. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash in part and/or in full. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be entirely forfeited by the winner. No cash or other compensation will be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
21. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting any prize.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity. The suitability and verification of such proof is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any Eligible Entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winnerís entry is of a type described in this clause.
24. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including but not limited to any injury or damage to participants or any other personís computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this competition.
25. It is a condition of acceptance of the prize that the winning Eligible Entrantís American Express Card account must be current, not in default and in good standing during the Promotion Period and at the time of notification that they have won.
26. Unless expressly stated in these Conditions of Entry all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner.
27. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any written regulatory direction or as required by law.
28. Should an Eligible Entrantís contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the Eligible Entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
29. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplierís requirements.
30. Any cost associated with accessing amexinvites.com.au is the Eligible Entrantís sole responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
31. The Promoter and their related bodies corporate, their officers, employees and agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
32. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the website user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
33. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoterís legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
34. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written regulatory direction or as required by law.
35. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
36. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
37. All entries become the property of American Express. The winner agrees to allow American Express to use his/her particulars for the purposes of marketing, publicity, promotional or direct mailing (unless they have already notified American Express not to do so).
. The Eligible Entrant agrees that subject to the Privacy Act, the Promoter or their agents may do the following:
(a) Transfer personal information confidentially to the Promoterís related companies or organisations that provide services in relation to this competition. This includes transferring personal information to the United States of America or other countries for data processing and servicing;
(b) Disclose Eligible Entrants' personal information to State and Territory lottery departments (if required);
(c) Publish winners' names as required under the relevant lottery legislation (if required); and
(d) use the winner's personal information in any media for publicity purposes associated with the competition without any further payment or other compensation, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at time of accepting the prize.
39. By entering the competition Eligible Entrants agree that American Express may provide their personal information including name, phone number and address details to related companies and affiliates, for the purpose of awarding the prizes.