Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Saturday 20 April 2024, 04:16:04 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,628 comps and freebies worth over $30,022,456.12 listed

That's over thirty million, twenty two thousand, four hundred and fifty six dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015676 Total Posts (445509 Searchable Posts) in 297874 Topics by 41495 Members
Latest Member: Juliew123
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  National Dictionary Day Instagram Competition
Entry Details
  • The Funny Dictionary     Closing Date: Monday 22 October 2018

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Cash & Vouchers 
Prizes may include Cash, Vouchers, Subscriptions, Gift Cards etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: National Dictionary Day Instagram Competition  (Read 278 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
troysimp
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« : Tuesday 18 September 2018, 06:28:56 pm »
Go Up

http://the-funny-dictionary.com/8-uncategorised/85-promotions-terms-and-conditions

To celebrate the publication of The Funny Dictionary: An A-Z of Kids' Funny Definitions (published by the National Library of Australia) and its official launch on 16 October 2018, I (the author of the book, Troy Simpson), am running some free promotions.

To ensure that the promotions run as intended — openly, fairly, and honestly, and in the spirit of generosity and good humour — these rules govern the promotions.

Some Quick Rules
National Dictionary Day Instagram Competition

16 October 2018 is not only the launch date for The Funny Dictionary: An A-Z of Kids' Funny Definitions but also National Dictionary Day. To commemorate, I am running an Instagram competition.

Prize

$100 Prepaid Visa card.

Who can enter

Australian residents 18 years and older or children with the consent of their parent or guardian; but no close relatives or employees or agents of the judge.

How to enter

1. Upload to your Instagram account a photo or video (including Boomerang videos) of yourself — or family or friends (or strangers or pets, or whatever) holding a dictionary. The book can be any dictionary, including The Funny Dictionary, or any other book with “Dictionary” in the title (such as an ordinary English dictionary).

Some people might use an Instagram prop that I will make available at the book launch (and before and after the book launch), but the Instagram prop isn’t necessary; its presence or absence in your photo or video won’t affect your chances of winning.

2. Follow @thefunnydictionary on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/thefunnydictionary/) so I can send you a message if you win. Tag @thefunnydictionary in the caption accompanying your entry so that I can find your entry (make sure your Instagram account is set to public).

3. In the caption accompanying your entry, include the hashtags #thefunnydictionary and #nationaldictionaryday.

4. Enter as many times as you like as long as each entry is substantially unique.

When to enter

Enter from 9am on 18 September 2018 to 5pm 22 October 2018, Canberra time.

Judging

A suitably qualified and independent judge will choose the winner based on the entry’s creativity, originality, humour, and impact. The nominated judge is Ben Lopez, owner and operator of the award-winning creative agency, Paper Monkey Visual Strategy & Graphic Design (www.papermonkey.com.au). If, for any reason, Ben becomes unavailable, I will nominate an alternative judge.

Winner announcement

I will announce the winner on Instagram (@thefunnydictionary and @funny.english.errors (https://www.instagram.com/funny.english.errors/) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TheFunnyDictionary and http://facebook.com/funny.english.errors/) and possibly other places (such as my website and Twitter). I will announce the winner some time after the closing date but, hopefully, no later than 5pm on 30 October 2018.

More Rules

Agreement

By participating in any of these promotions, you agree to these further rules.

Who you are

Because you must have legal capacity to agree to these rules, you promise me that you are 18 or older; or, if you are younger than 18, your parent or guardian has agreed to these rules for you. If you’re under 18 and you win a competition, then I will send the prize to your parent or guardian. These promotions are open only to people residing in Australia.

Who I am

I am the author of the book The Funny Dictionary: An A-Z of Kids’ Funny Definitions. I’m running these promotions as an individual, not as a business or a company.

The competitions are games of skill

All the competitions I am running are games of skill, not games of chance. Chance plays no chance in deciding the winners. An independent judge will choose the winner according to the criteria set out above and consider each entry on its merits.

There’s no cost to enter

You pay nothing to enter the competitions and do not have to buy The Funny Dictionary or any other product to enter.

Facebook, Instagram, etc aren’t associated with my promotions

These promotions are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram or my publisher (the National Library of Australia) or the suppliers of the prizes and gifts. You agree to grant Facebook, Instagram, the publisher, and the suppliers (as the case may be) a complete release from any claims that you have or may have in the future that relate to or are incidental to the promotions. You will provide any information about the promotions, including comments, questions, and complaints, to me and not to Facebook, Instagram, my publisher, or suppliers.

Don’t breach copyright or defame anyone, etc.

Your entry must not defame anyone, or threaten them, or include material that would offend a reasonable person (including relating to sex, gender identity, sexual preference, race, or religion). You promise that your entry does not breach anyone’s copyright or other intellectual property and that you have the necessary permissions to submit and publish your entry. If your entry creates a legal liability, then you are responsible for fixing any damage that may result, not me. I reserve the right to disregard any entry that I deem to be inappropriate.

No liability at all

Indeed, I will not be liable for any loss at all (including, without limitation, special, indirect, incidental, or consequential loss, or loss of profits), damage, expense, injury, or death that is suffered (however so caused) in connection with the promotions or prize, except for liability that I cannot legally exclude. Where I cannot legally exclude liability, my liability is limited to my minimum obligations required by law.
Further, you release and indemnify me against all costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), claims, awards, demands, judgments, damages, proceedings, and any other liability whatsoever, wholly or partly arising directly or indirectly in connection with the promotions or prize.

I can publish your name, etc.

I can publish your name and related details (such as your Instagram handle), and your likeness, images, videos, and voice, if you win or enter any of my competitions. I can do this for promotional purposes, public statements, and advertisements relating to the competitions and to my book(s), including future books. This includes mentioning your name and sharing your entries that may not necessarily win the competition but which I would like to publish on social media or other places (including my websites and future websites). You own your entries but you give me permission to use them if I choose to, in Australia and worldwide, forever. In legal words, you grant me a non-exclusive, royalty free, irrevocable, worldwide licence to publish your entry or entries on any website or other publication I own or control, including any social media pages or accounts I control.

How you will get your prize or gift

For Promotions 1 and 2, I will post you the prize after you let me know your postal address. For Promotion 3, I will give you the prize at the book launch (or arrange delivery or pickup if you are not available at the book launch). For Promotion 4, you can get your free pen at the signing table, near the guest book. Once I have sent you a prize, or you have received your free pen, I take no responsibility for the prize or gift (for example, being lost, damaged, or stolen). I make no promises about the quality or merchantability of any prize or gift. Your use of a prize is entirely at your own risk.

If I can’t contact you

If you win, I will attempt to contact you. For Promotion 1, I will send you a direct message on Instagram or tag you in a post or both. For promotion 2, I will send you a message on Facebook. For Promotion 3, I will let you know you have won at the book launch or, if you are not there, I will send you a message on Facebook later. If, for any reason, you do not reply to me within a week of my sending you a message or notification that you have won, then I may give the prize to someone else.  If a prize becomes unavailable, then I will substitute the prize with an item of equal value, at my discretion.

If things change

I can vary these rules if circumstances change or to correct an error or otherwise to modify the promotions, including cancelling the promotions, at any time, without liability to you or anyone else, subject to applicable laws. By participating in a promotion, you agree to the latest rules.

My decisions are final

My decisions are final and binding concerning these promotions. I’m under no obligation to correspond with you or any other person about the judges’ decisions or any other aspect of the promotions.

My discretion

I have a discretion in implementing and enforcing these rules. If I don’t strictly enforce any of these rules, it doesn’t meant I can’t enforce them later and doesn’t mean I can’t strictly enforce the other rules. A failure to enforce any rule will not give rise to any claim or right of action by anyone.

Who interprets these rules, etc?

ACT law governs these rules and these promotions. By participating in a promotion, you agree to and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of ACT courts and waive any right to claim that those courts are an inconvenient forum.

Severability

If any of these rules are illegal or unenforceable, then that doesn’t stop the rest of the rules from being legal and enforceable. Where any clause or part of a clause is void, illegal, or unenforceable then it may be severed without affecting any other part of these rules.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Saturday 20 April 2024, 04:16:04 am from 3.21.231.245