Upload a photo which shows a memory of a place you called home and describe in 25 words or less what that photo means to you. 400 runners-up also receive an IKEA photo frame to display a photo of one of your favourite memories.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees of IKEA Australia and their families are ineligible to enter.
4. Promotion opens at 9:00am AEST on Wednesday 12 December 2018 and final entries close at 9:00am on Wednesday 19 December 2018 (“Promotional Period”). All times are AEST or AEDST, as applicable in New South Wales, Australia.
5. To enter, the entrant must during the Promotional Period complete the following steps:
Follow IKEA Australia on Facebook [www.facebook.com/ikea.au].
Enter the competition via URL published on the Facebook post published on Wednesday 12 December 2018 titled ‘Memories make a home’.
Entrants are required to upload an image that represents a memory you have of a place you once called home where you spent time with family and/or friends.
Entrants must agree that the image submitted is an original image that they are the copyright owner of.
Entrants who wish to take part in the 400 runner up prize of a frame are required to submit a valid Australian postal address. Entrants who do not input a valid Australian postal address are still eligible to win the major prize.
6. All entrants must extend a limited license to IKEA Pty Ltd. to reuse the image and text they have submitted for any/all IKEA Australia owned social media channels from Thursday 20 December 2018 for a period of 12 months. IKEA Pty Ltd. will not resell data for any marketing purposes
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Entries are limited to one (1) per person.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
12. The judging will commence at 9:00am AEST or AEDST, Wednesday 19 December 2018 at IKEA Pty Ltd, IKEA Service Office, L1 Clock Tower, 630 Princes Highway, Tempe NSW 2044. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
13. The major prize winner will be notified via their selected email address on Thursday 20 December 2018 by 5:00pm AEST or AEDST. The winner’s image will also be published on the IKEA Australia Facebook page.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The best valid entry, as determined by the judges will receive an IKEA gift card valued at AUD $1,000.
16. There will be 400 runner up prizes awarded to the first 400 entrants who have also supplied a valid Australian postal address. These 400 entrants will have frame mailed to them.
17. All prizes will be sent to winners via registered Australia Post.
18. All entrants who have submitted a valid Australian address will have their details shared with a third party in order to fulfil the prize pool. All data from entrants will be deleted 2 months after the conclusion of the competition.
19. All prizes will be mailed out via registered Australia Post by Wednesday 2 January 2019.
20. If for any reason a winner does not take or claim a prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
21. The total prize pool value is AUD $2,646.00. See Appendix A below.
22. The major prize and runner up prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, cannot be taken as cash and is subject to the terms and conditions on the IKEA Australia website.
(a) IKEA gift cards can be used as full or partial payment on purchase in IKEA stores*, excluding the IKEA Restaurant, Bistro and Swedish Food Market.
(b) IKEA gift cards cannot be used for online payments.
(c) IKEA gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash or balances transferred to new cards.
(d) IKEA is unable to replace the card if lost or stolen.
(e) there are no limitations on how many times a card/s can be used (until the balance is $0.00).
(f) to check the balance of the gift card, visit or call an IKEA store in Australia.
(g) if the gift card is used in an IKEA store in other countries:
(i) A currency conversion fee of 3% will apply.
(ii) The exchange rate will be set by IKEA weekly based on market rates.
(iii) The exchange rate is non-negotiable and subject to change.
(h) IKEA gift cards remain the property on IKEA Pty Ltd. and may not be tampered or interfered with, without our consent.
(i) IKEA gift cards are valid for three years from the initial date of activation.
*IKEA gift cards issued from following countries can be used as an in-store payment: Australia (NSW, VIC, QLD, ACT, SA and WA), Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Norway, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
23. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(c) the Content is the original work of the entrant or they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(d) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(e) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
24. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
25. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, 12-months worldwide, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
27. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to:
(a) to disqualify any entrant.
(b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
28. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
29. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including their respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control)
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference
(c) any entry or prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions
(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant
(f) use/redemption of a prize.
The promoter is IKEA Pty Ltd (ABN 84 006 270 757) of IKEA Pty Ltd, IKEA Service Office, L1 Clock Tower, 630 Princes Highway, Tempe, NSW 2044 02 8020 6641 (“Promoter”