https://newsgotchallenge.com.auDo you have what it takes to survive?Section 1: What do you know?
You will be presented with 5 multiple choice questions testing your knowledge.
You have 10 seconds to answer each question.
1 point per correct answer, 2 bonus points if you answer within 1-5 seconds per question.
0 points for incorrect or timed out answers.Section 2: What do you sense?
Select 6 characters from a field presented. Then select what you think their fate will be by the end of the episode yet to be seen.
1 point is awarded if the character selected appears in the episode and you select the correct status of that character at the end of that episode. They can be: dead, alive, a Wight, resurrected, on the throne.
‘On the throne’ can only be selected for 1 character per episode.
Becoming a Wight does not constitute resurrection.
If within the same episode the selection dies and is then resurrected they count as being resurrected at the end of the episode.
If the selection died and is not resurrected during the same episode, they count as being dead at the end of the episode.
If the selection died in a prior episode and are resurrected in a following episode and survive said episode, they are counted as resurrected at the end of the episode.
0 points for incorrect or if the selection does not appear in the episode.Test your knowledge and apply your theories to predict what you think will happen to your favourite characters per episode to win your very own Iron Throne
Entries open 5pm, Friday 5 April 2019 (AEDT) and close 9am, Monday 20 May 2019 (AEST). Australian residents aged 18 years and over only. Entries must include submissions entered online only. Winners determined 2pm, Tuesday 21 May 2019 (AEST) at 2 Holt St, Surry Hills, 2010, NSW. Winner’s names published on Friday 24 May 2019 here. Total prize pool valued at $17,450.00.
(The News GoT Challenge is operated by News Corp Australia who has NO prior knowledge of outcomes).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
News Corp Australia GoT Challenge 2019
* The Promoter is Nationwide News Pty Limited (ABN 47 007 871 178 of 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, 2010 NSW Australia). Telephone number 02 9288 2716. The News GoT Challenge is operated by the Promoter who has NO prior knowledge of outcomes. Game of Thrones, HBO® and related service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc.
* Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
* To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
* Who can enter
* Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
* Entrants into this competition must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry.
* The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
* When to enter
* The competition commences on Friday, 5 April 2019 at 5pm AEDT; entries conclude on Monday, 20 May 2019 at 9am AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time. The competition ends when the winners are drawn at 2pm (AEST) on Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
* Entrants must register once in order to submit their entries. Registration will be available for the duration of the competition with the exception of each episode’s screening windows laid out in the schedule below.
* Registered entrants can lodge episode submissions online at www.newsgotchallenge.com.au
for particular episodes answering questions posed by the Promoter about that episode, as outlined in the following schedule. Points will be awarded for answers as described in paragraph 14 below. Episode submissions for a particular episode will open for that episode a week prior, and close before the episode screens. Late episode submissions will not be accepted and will not accrue any points. An episode will be determined as closed, and no further submissions will be accepted for an episode, from the time of the episode’s screening window commencement outlined in the following schedule:
Registration & Episode 1 Entry Opens Friday, 5 April 2019 at 5pm AEDT
Episode 1 Screening Window Monday, 15 April 2019 at 9am AEST to
Tuesday, 16 April at 9am AEST
Registration Re-opens & Episode 2 Entry Opens Tuesday, 16 April at 9am AEST
Episode 2 Screening Window Monday, 22 April 2019 at 9am AEST to
Tuesday, 23 April 2019 at 9am AEST
Registration Re-opens & Episode 3 Entry Opens Tuesday, 23 April 2019 at 9am AEST
Episode 3 Screening Window Monday, 29 April 2019 at 9am AEST to
Tuesday, 30 April 2019 at 9am AEST
Registration Re-opens & Episode 4 Entry Opens Tuesday, 30 April 2019 at 9am AEST
Episode 4 Screening Window Monday, 6 May 2019 at 9am AEST to
Tuesday, 7 May 2019 at 9am AEST
Registration Re-opens & Episode 5 Entry Opens Tuesday, 7 May 2019 at 9am AEST
Episode 5 Screening Window Monday, 13 May 2019 at 9am AEST to
Tuesday, 14 May 2019 at 9am AEST
Registration Re-opens & Episode 6 Entry Opens Tuesday, 14 May 2019 at 9am AEST
Episode 6 Screening Window Monday, 20 May 2019 at 9am AEST to
Tuesday, 21 2019 at 9am AEST
* The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
* The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
* How to enter
* Entrants may enter the competition:
* ONLINE by logging onto www.newsgotchallenge.com.au
and registering their details including (but not limited to) username, full name, address, post code, telephone number, e-mail address, code-word / subscription number (if required) and answer in 30 words or less to the question “How would you recommend Game of Thrones to someone who has never watched or read it?” to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider. If there is a points tie the winner will be the tied entrant whose answer is determined by the judges to be the most creative and entertaining.
* Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
* (a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
* (b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
* (c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
* The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
* Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
* The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
* Number of Entries permitted
* Only one entry per person. Only one prize will be awarded per person. Determination and Notification of winner
The winners will be determined by the sum of the total number of points they achieve from each episode submission at the end of the competition period. Points will be allocated upon the following:
* Section 1: Knowledge
* 1 point per correct answer. 2 bonus points per correct answer when answered within the first 1-5 seconds.
* No points will be awarded if the answer is incorrect, or if no answer is submitted within the 10 second time frame allowed per question.
* Section 2: Prognostication
* 1 point per correct answer where the character selected appears in the episode and you select the correct status of that character at the end of that episode. They can be:
* a Wight
* on the throne
* ‘On the throne’ can only be selected for 1 character per episode.
* Becoming a Wight does not constitute resurrection.
* If within the same episode the selection dies and is then resurrected they count as being resurrected at the end of the episode.
* If the selection died and is not resurrected during the same episode, they count as being dead at the end of the episode.
* If the selection died in a prior episode and are resurrected in a following episode and survive said episode, they are counted as resurrected at the end of the episode.
* 0 points are awarded if the selection does not appear in the episode or for incorrect status selections.
* The maximum number of points that can be scored per episode is 21 (5 correct knowledge questions answered within 1-5 seconds = 15 points plus 6 correct answers of whether or not a character appears in an episode and selected the correct status of the character at the end of the episode = 21 points).
* The maximum number of points that can be scored for the competition is 126 points (21 points per episode, 6 episodes in total = 126 points).
* The entry with the most points will win the First prize, then the next 3 entries after that will win the Second prize, then the next 10 entries after that will win the Third Prize.
* Should there be multiple entries with the same number of points, the winners will be those tied entrants whose answer is determined by the judges to be the most creative and entertaining to the question “How would you recommend Game of Thrones to someone who has never watched or read it?” that was collected upon registration.
* The winners will be the valid entries submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by News Corp Australia Entertainment Editors to be the most creative and entertaining at 2pm (AEST) on Tuesday, 21 May 2019 at 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, 2010 NSW Australia.
* This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
* If any particular determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the determination will be take place on the following business day.
* The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
* The winner/s will be notified by telephone or email within two days of being determined. Winner/s of prizes will be published on www.newsgotchallenge.com.au
on Friday, 24 May 2019.
* Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
* Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
* UNCLAIMED PRIZES If winners have not claimed their prize by Friday, 7 June 2019 then they will forfeit their prize and the prize will be awarded to the next highest scoring valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by News Corp Australia Entertainment Editors to be the next most creative and entertaining at 2pm (AEST) on Tuesday, 11 June 2019 at 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, 2010 NSW Australia. Winners of any unclaimed prizes will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the date on which they are judged to be an unclaimed prize winner. Winner/s of prizes valued over $250 will be published on www.newsgotchallenge.com.au
within 14 days of the date on which they are judged to be the unclaimed prize winner.
* Prize on offer
* Individual prize value is up to $10,000 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $17,450 (including GST) as at 22/03/2019. The top 14 points scorers will receive relevant prizes as follows:
* First Prize: 1 replica Game of Thrones Iron Throne valued at RRP $10,000.00.
* Second Prize: 3 x Game of Thrones inspired Tier 3 Tombstones from Foxtel Australia’s Grave of Thrones experience valued at RRP $2,000.00 each.
* Third Prize: 10 x Game of Thrones book packs consisting of A Game of Thrones - The Story Continues Box Set and Fire and Blood by George R.R. Martin from HarperCollins Australia valued at RRP $145.00 each.
* Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
* Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
* Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
* It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
* It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
* Further Terms and Conditions
* The Promoter (subject to State and Territory Legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
* Nationwide News Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
* If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
* Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
* SMS The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. In particular, SMS entries via the internet, computer generation or “scripting” are invalid and will not be accepted. Website entries using “scripting” for multiple entries will not be accepted. The cost of sending an SMS message is the entrant’s responsibility and will not exceed 55 cents including GST. Entrants must use their own mobile phone for SMS entries. Some service providers and call plans may not provide access to Premium SMS. Entrants must ensure that all care is taken when sending messages to enter this SMS promotion. It is the entrant’s responsibility to SMS the correct number. The Promoter will not be liable for costs incurred, responses received or any other consequences of user error. Any SMS entries submitted after the promotion period has closed will not be included in the promotion and will be charged 55 cents (including GST). Entries submitted by SMS will be deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not the time that they were sent by the entrant.
* INSTANT WIN Printing and other quality-control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Instant-win game materials are void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
* Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
* Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
* Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
* If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
* The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
* The Promoter reserves the right to redetermine the winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
* Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
* In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with News Life Media or News Limited or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
* In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby assigns to the Promoter all right, title and interest in and to all copyright and all moral rights in any material created pursuant to the winner’s submission or participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The winner acknowledges that the Promoter is free to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all) and to exercise its rights in relation thereto and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
* In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
* The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
* The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
* All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
* All entries become the property of The Promoter. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
* Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
. To request access to, or to update, personal information the Promoter holds about them, entrants can contact the office of the Promoter