We want to hear your Extreme Dreams! Whether you want to build a beast of a project car or drift on ice lakes, share your Extreme Dream for a chance to WIN a 613PC Tool Kit valued at $10,000 RRP! https://www.facebook.com/Sidchrome/videos/356002721940189/
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is Stanley Black & Decker Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 82 000 021 938) of Level 2, 810 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill, 3128 (“Promoter”).
3. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners.
4. Entry and voting is open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
5. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
6. Entries into the promotion open at 5.00pm AEST on 15/05/19 and close at 11:59pm AEST on 15/06/19 (“Promotional Period”). Voting commences 17/06/19 and ends 11:59pm AEST on 22/06/19 (“Voting Period”).
7. To be eligible to enter, individuals must create a short video at least 30 seconds butno longer than 1 minute in duration about their ‘extreme dream’ (“Extreme Dream Video”).
8. To enter, individuals must then complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
(a) visit the Sidchrome Facebook Page at
www.facebook.com/sidchrome (“Facebook Page”);
(b) follow the prompts to the ‘Extreme Dream’ promotion tab;
(c) “like” the Facebook page (if they do not already like the page) and fully complete the entry form (at: https://www.facebook.com/Sidchrome/app/36495350702/), including their full name, state/territory, current email address and daytime telephone number and then upload their Extreme Dream Video or provide a video URL link
(d) Indicate whether or not they would like to sign up to the Promoter’s database to receive further communications from the Promoter; and
(e) submit the fully completed entry form.
Uploaded files must be submitted in MPEG, MOV format and must not exceed 50MB. MB file size. If an Extreme Dream Video exceeds 50MB the entrant can provide a video URL link to a video hosting platform. In addition to submitting the Extreme Dream Video at the time of entry, entrants may be requested by the Promoter to send their Extreme Dream Video via email to be featured on the Promoter’s social media platforms, and continued participation in the promotion is conditional on doing so, if requested.
9. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
11. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
13. For the purposes of determining the Minor Prize (as defined below) winners, there will be four (4) rounds during the Promotional Period (each a “Round”) in which each entry will be individually judged by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter based on the creative merit of the Extreme Dream Video provided. Entries open and close for each Round on the times and dates specified in the table below. All judging for the Minor Prizes will take place at Level 2, 810 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill, 3128 commencing on the dates specified in the table below. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
14. The best valid entry (“Finalist”) in each Round as determined by the judges, will each win a Sidchrome 8 Drawer Tool Chest (SCMT50208) and a Sidchrome 7 Drawer Roller Cabinet (SCMT50207) together valued at RRP$869, and the opportunity to have their Extreme Dream Video judged by public vote for the opportunity to win the Major Prize (as defined below) (“Minor Prize”). The Finalists will be notified by telephone and email.
15. Each Finalist’s Extreme Dream Video will then be displayed in a gallery on the Facebook Page on the promotion tab, where the public will be able to vote for their favourite entry during the Voting Period. To vote, individuals must visit the Facebook Page, access the gallery in the competition tab and follow the prompts on screen to vote for their favorite Extreme Dream Video during the Voting Period. Only one vote per person will be permitted. The voting method does not reveal or collect any personal information about individuals who vote, and no prizes will be offered for the act of voting in this promotion.
16. The Finalist whose entry receives the most valid votes as at the end of the Voting Period will win a Sidchrome 613 PC Metric A/F Tool Kit (SCMT11100) valued at RRP$10,000 (“Major Prize”). In the event of a tie where two or more entrants receive the same amount of votes, the Promoter will determine a final winner from the tied entrants based on the creative merit of the Extreme Dream Video provided. The Major Prize winner will be notified by telephone and email.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time: (a) to invalidate any votes which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or votes that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts, including but not limited to social networking accounts; and/or (b) to disqualify any entrant (or invalidate his/her entry) that the Promoter reasonably suspects has paid, bartered or offered payment or other consideration to another person in exchange for votes or has otherwise encouraged or procured any person to submit votes contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
18. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the promotion will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
19. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
20. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
21. Total prize pool value is $13,476.
22. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
23. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) the Content is the original artistic work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
24. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
28. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
30. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php
31. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.