https://skoda.nine.com.au/Tell us your favourite road trip song and why you deserve a brand new car in 25 wolTERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and
Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these
Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or older and who own
their own home.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies
associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means
any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child
(whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, stepgrandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, stepsister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences 12:00pm AEST on 19/05/19 and closes 12:00pm
AEST on 04/08/19 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visitwww.skoda.nine.com.au
locate the promotional entry form, complete all
requested details including full name, address, contact number, a valid and
current email address, and a “Clever Chorus” in 25 words or less, and submit
the completed form.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries
and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and
reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and
Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or
other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of
the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's
discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage
does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to
recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the
right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The judging will take place at 264 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on
06/08/19. The judges may select additional reserve entries that they
determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an
invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The winner will be notified by telephone and
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of
the “Clever Chorus” provided by each entrant.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The first valid entry drawn will win a MY19 Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 81TSI
with automatic transmission, as well as Race Blue metallic paint, optional
Vision Pack, Tech Pack, Panoramic Glass Roof and 5-year service pack.
Total prize value is up to $30,290 including registration, compulsory third party
insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by
State). Additional insurance, options, accessories, petrol and all other
ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. Additional insurance,
options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner.
14. The winner must collect the prize from their nearest authorised Skoda
dealership. If the major prize winner is unable to collect the vehicle, the winner
may incur an additional cost of transporting the vehicle, if needed, from their
nearest dealership to an alternate claim point as nominated by the winner and
deemed acceptable by the Promoter and the Sponsor. Any costs associated
with the transport of the vehicle to an alternate location will be responsibility of
the winner. Winner will be responsible for their own transport to and from the
dealership or any alternative claim point.
15. Any prize vehicle specification change requested by the winner (at their cost)
is subject to the Sponsor’s discretion and stock availability at the dealership.
16. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register
the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another
person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose
of registration. The Promoter and Sponsor take no responsibility for any such
arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide
the Promoter and Sponsor with certified copies of all required documentation
as required by the Promoter and Sponsor before the car is awarded. It is a
condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal
release in a form to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion.
17. If for any reason any winner does not take the prize (or an element of the
prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element
of the prize) will be forfeited.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion,
reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize
to the equal value and/or specification.
19. Total prize pool value is up to $32,290. Prize, or any unused portion, is not
transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise
20. Each entrant warrants that their entry is an original literary work of the entrant
that does not infringe the rights of any third party. As a condition of entering
this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates
and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide,
irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish
and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future
promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without
compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
21. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or
voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or
recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without
remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any
outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or
supplied by the Promoter.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being
conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical
difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right,
in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any
entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as
23. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s
responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or
purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as
provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other
implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in
the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter and the Sponsor (including their respective officers,
employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any
personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether
direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the NonExcludable Guarantees, the Promoter and the Sponsor (including their
respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and
exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss
or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or
equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any
theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after
their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter or the Sponsor; (d) any variation in prize value to that
stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner
or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
26. Entrants' personal information will be collected by the Promoter. Personal
information will be stored on the Promoter's database. The Promoter may use
this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including
contacting the entrant electronically. The Promoter is bound by the Australian
Privacy Principles in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and its
. The Promoter's privacy
policy contains information about how the entrant may access, update and
seek correction of the personal information the Promoter holds about them
and how the entrant may complain about any potential breach by the
Promoter of the Australian Privacy Principles or any other Australian privacy
laws and how such complaints will be dealt with. The Promoter collects
personal information about entrants to enable them to participate in this
Promotion and may disclose the entrants' personal information to third parties
including its contractors and agents, prize suppliers and service providers to
assist in conducting this Promotion and to the State and Territory lottery
departments as required under the relevant lottery legislation. If the entrant
does not provide their personal information as requested, they may be
ineligible to enter or claim a prize in the Promotion. Personal information
collected from entrants will not be disclosed to any entity located outside of
27. At the time of entry, entrants can also opt-in to receive updates from the
Sponsor. By opting-in, entrants agree that their PI will be collected and
be viewed at https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/privacy-policy.html
should direct any requests to access, update, opt-out of direct marketing or
correct information to the Sponsor.
28. The Promoter is Nine Network Australia Pty Limited, ABN 88 008 685 407 of
24 Artarmon Rd, Willoughby, NSW 2068. Entrants can contact the Promoter
in relation to the promotion by mail to this address or by telephone to (02)