Important: Please read these rules before entering this competition (the "Competition").
By participating in this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
Sponsor: Competition is sponsored and administered by World Nomads.com Pty Ltd ("Sponsor") ofGovernor Macquarie Tower, Level 18, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia. "NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OF ANY KIND, OR INSURANCE QUOTE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR QUOTE WILL NOT INPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING."
Eligibility: Competition is open to residents of any country or jurisdiction, except that the Competition is void where prohibited by law or where the Competition is subject to registration requirements by the Sponsor (including without limitation, Italy, Quebec, Crimea, Iran, Syria, North Korea, and Sudan), subject to approving any necessary visas, who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction, whichever age is older, at the time of entry. Directors, officers and employees of WorldNomads,STA Travel and TourRadar and any of their respective parent companies, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, and advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members of each and those living in their households, are not eligible to win any prizes. The Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of eligibility.
Competition Period: The Competition period is from 12:00:01 am EDT on March15, 2019to 11:59:59pm EDT on June 20, 2019 (the "Competition Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeping device for the Competition. All entries must be received during the Competition Period, and meet other requirements in these Official Rules, to be eligible to win a prize. ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE CORRESPONDING TIME ZONE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE JURISDICTIONS.
How to Enter: To enter, during the Competition Period, visit the Competition entry page at https://www.worldnomads.com/campaigns/flip-my-trip-19/enter and
follow the instructions to submit the following items:
Provide your personal details and the following information as requested:
First name, Last name
Date of Birth
Country of residence
Tell us what destination, what month and who you were with while traveling on the trip you would like a chance to redo.
Tell us if you had travel insurance for the trip
In 100 words or less, tell us the story and why your trip deserves a second chance.
(Optional) Tell us when and where you plan to travel in the next 12 months.
The information, nomination, and description you provide is referred to below as your "Submission."
By posting your Submission, you agree to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions listed below. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if Sponsor believes that the Submission does not comply with these Guidelines and Restrictions.
Limit: One (1) entry per person during the Competition Period. The odds of winning will depend on the number and quality of entries received during the Competition Period. Any attempts to obtain additional entries, including through multiple or duplicate accounts will result in disqualification.
Submission Guidelines and Restrictions
Your submission must be in English
Your Submission must not supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading information.
Your Submission must be your original creation and be owned 100% by you.
Your Submission must not have been published previously.
Your Submission must not (as determined in Sponsor's discretion): (i) violate any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (ii) contain disparaging or defamatory statements; (iii) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (iv) be obscene, offensive, or indecent; (v) depict risky behaviour; (vi) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm, against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; or (vii) contain unauthorized third-party trademarks or logos.
By providing a Submission, you warrant and represent that: (i) you own all rights in and to all Submission submitted by you (including, without limitation, all copyright and other intellectual property rights); (ii) all such Submissions are original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity; and (iii) the Submission complies with all requirements of these Official Rules.
If sending your Submission to this Competition via your mobile device, you may be charged for standard data use from your mobile service provider according to the terms in your wireless service provider's data plan.
5. Selection and Notification of Winners: On or about August 01, 2019, a panel of judges selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will score the eligible Submissions in Sydney, Australia, based on the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
overall creativity of Submission (45%);
consistency of Submission with the Competition theme of who most deserves a second-chance trip (30%); and
the most unique, interesting, original and well-written Submission (25%).
The top scoring Submissions will be deemed the potential winners. In the event of a tie, the entry with a higher score in the more heavily-weighted category (or categories, if applicable) will be deemed the potential winners. The potential winner will be notified via email within two business days of the date of selection and once the winner is verified and notified that no further action is needed, his or her name will be published on https://www.worldnomads.com/campaigns/flip-my-trip/results as
authorized by Section 9 of these Official Rules. As a condition of being awarded a prize, the potential winner must follow the instructions contained in their notification, and except where prohibited by law, Sponsor may require the potential winner to execute and deliver a written Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, acceptance of these Official Rules, tax forms, proof of identity, and other reasonable documentation. If (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) any required documents are not returned within seven days, including but not limited to the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release; or (iii) if a winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner pursuant to the Judging Criteria. An entrant is not a winner until his or her eligibility has been verified and has been notified that verification is complete and no further action is needed.
6. Prize: three winners, each of whom may select one traveling companion (who is either at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction, whichever age is older, at the time of entry) will be awarded a prize that consists flights, tour vouchers, travel insurance and other merchandise for them and their travelling companion, with an approximate retail value ("ARV") $10,000 per winner and travelling companion (an approximate retail value ("ARV") of $5000 per individual) (all monetary values in U.S. Dollars). The prizes consist of the following:
World Nomads, in conjunction with their program partner STA Travel, will provide each winner with a flight voucher worth up to $2,000 USD for economy class travel, for the winner and their traveling companion to be used for flights to get them to and from their destination. Voucher is valid until June 30, 2020. Booking must be confirmed at least four (4) weeks before planned departure. Cannot be combined with other offers. Not valid on ISIC/ITIC/IYTC cards or travel insurance. Non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Winner must redeem by calling STA Travel at 800.781.4040. Winner and traveling companion must travel together.
A tour voucher worth up to $2,000 USD from TourRadar to be redeemed by June 30, 2020.
US $2,000 towards accommodation costs from World Nomads
US $4,000 spending money for the trip from World Nomads
Itinerary planning assistance if required from World Nomads.
World Nomads will offer to provide each (3) winner a 4-week Standard plan travel insurance policy from World Nomads.com Pty Ltd. for two travelers traveling on the same itinerary departing/arriving from same departure city. Plan policy premium depends on country of residence. Sponsor will reimburse up to $300 USD per policy.
If the winners and their traveling companions require the standard plan travel Insurance policy, it must be purchased by the winners through the Sponsor in the name of the winner and their traveling companion.
Once proof of purchase has been provided, the Sponsor will reimburse the full cost of the insurance policy.
The travel insurance policy from World Nomads.com Pty Ltd will be issued subject to the applicants' meeting eligibility criteria and subject to the policy’s terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions.
No purchase, payment of any kind, or insurance quote is necessary to enter or win. A purchase, payment, or quote will not improve the chances of winning.
If the winner or their traveling companion is not eligible for travel insurance through World Nomads, they will be responsible for obtaining his or her own travel insurance to cover all activities and will be reimbursed up to $300 USD from Sponsor.
Three winners will be selected. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the prizes set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the above Judging Criteria. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize.
All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. If the winner and/or traveling companion is a resident of the United States, the winner and/or traveling companion will be required to provide a social security number and will be issued a Form 1099.
7. Prize and Travel Restrictions: The winners (and their travelling companions) will be responsible for securing passports and other travel documents required for travel. Air transportation, hotel accommodations and other elements of prize must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. The Sponsor or its designee will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the winner’s possession. Any unclaimed and/or unused prize (or portion of a prize package) will remain the property of prize provider.
Travel arrangements must be redeemed by no later than: June 30, 2020 (specific dates and restrictions may apply for individual prizes. See above).
Sponsor will not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by air carriers or other transportation companies used in connection with the travel.
Each winner (and their traveling companion) must be in possession of a valid passport with a minimum of eight months validity prior to the departure date for their specific destination.
Any amendment fees or charges incurred as a result of any changes to the flights, once confirmed and ticketed are the responsibility of the winners.
All costs not explicitly set forth in the prizes described above are the sole responsibility of the winners and Sponsor will not provide any compensation or reimbursement for these costs, including but not limited to Visa requirements, valid passports, insurance, spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, excess baggage, in-room charges, other ancillary costs, and any applicable insurance excesses.
It is the winner's (and/or their traveling companion's) responsibility to organize transport to/from the airport departure/return point and winners will not receive compensation.
It is the winners’ (and/or their traveling companion's) responsibility to comply with any health or other government requirements.
Prizes are subject to the airlines Condition of Carriage.
The Sponsor, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to remove any of the travel destination options in the event that travel to such destinations is deemed dangerous in accordance with travel advice obtained from the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. In the event a winner (and/or their traveling companion) engages in behaviour during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) that is illegal, tortious, or subjects winner or companion to detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments, or other costs or expenses of any kind incurred by winner (and/or their traveling companion) as a result of such conduct. Sponsor, and other providers of any prize, and Facebook Inc. and any other Social Media Platform (as defined below) on which the Competition is promoted, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, professional advisors, contractors, and advertising/marketing and contest agencies (collectively, "Released Parties") shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the prize or any other aspect of prize winner’s or traveling companion’s acceptance of the prize.
8. Disclaimer: Released Parties will not be responsible for:
any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries;
telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer or communications-related malfunctions or failures;
any Competition disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or
any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
9. Limitations of Liability/Releases: By entering the Competition, you release, except where prohibited by law, Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or delivery,misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of, or inability to use, any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. The winner’s travelling companion must also sign a release provided by World Nomads before they accept any aspect of the Prize or are able to travel with the winner.
10. Name and Likeness Rights: Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Competition constitutes permission to use each winner’s name, city of residence, likeness and prize information, without limitation, for Sponsor's advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes (including in publicly-displayed advertising and in a publicly-distributed winner list) without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of their name, hometown, aural and visual likeness and prize information, without limitation, for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. By entering this Competition, you consent to being contacted by Sponsor for any purpose in connection with this Competition.
11. License to Submissions: By entering the Competition and submitting your Submission to Sponsor in connection with the Competition, you hereby grant to Sponsor a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, perform, distribute, adapt, edit, modify, translate, create derivative works based upon, and otherwise use and sublicense your Submission, or any portion thereof, in connection with the Competition and for other advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, and to incorporate Submissions, in whole or in part, into other works in any manner, form, media or technology now known or later developed. Sponsor will have no obligation to publish or use or retain any Submission you submit or to return any such Submission to you. You agree that it is your sole responsibility to obtain all permissions and releases necessary for the grant of the rights contained in this paragraph and these Official Rules. You agree to take, at Sponsor's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Sponsor to effect, perfect or confirm Sponsor's rights as set forth above and in these Official Rules.
12. No Facebook or Other Social Media Platform Endorsement: This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc. or any other social media platform (each, a “Social Media Platform”). You understand that by using and interacting with any Social Media Platform, you are subject to the terms, conditions, and policies that govern the use of such Social Media Platform. You should therefore review the applicable terms and policies for each Social Media Platform (such as www.facebook.com, www.twitter.com, www.instagram.com) including privacy and data gathering practices, before using or interacting with a Social Media Platform.
13. Official Rules/Winners List: For a copy of the winner list or these Official Rules visithttps://www.worldnomads.com/campaigns/flip-my-trip/terms
15. Intellectual Property: The Competition and all accompanying materials are Copyright © 2019 by World Nomads.com Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
16. General Terms and Conditions: The Competition and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of Australia. THIS COMPETITION is subject to all applicable federal and state laws and is void where prohibited or where applicable law requires Sponsor to register this Competition. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules or to terminate this Competition at any time. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Competition, tamper with the operation of the Competition or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Competition or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Competition.