The bold is mine.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter the “Thrifty AFL Rent and Win” competition (Promotion) and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. The promoter is Kingmill Pty Limited, trading as Thrifty Car Rental ABN 58 003 966 649 of Level 1, 52-60 Kent Rd Mascot NSW 2020 (Promoter).
4. The Promotion commences on 16 March 2019 at 12:00am and entries close on 31 August 2019 at 11:59pm AEDST (Promotional Period).
5. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 21 years or over with a current valid Driver Licence.
How to Enter
6. To enter this Promotion you must during the Promotional Period complete a Thrifty rental by:
(a) booking a Thrifty rental vehicle and quoting the promotional code ‘GameOn’ (bookings must be made during the Promotional Period); and
(b) picking up that vehicle from and returning that vehicle to an Australian Thrifty location during the respective month of the prize draw within the Promotional Period. See Promotional Period Monthly Draw dates below.
7. There will be Monthly Prize Draws for all eligible entries each month (See Monthly Draw dates) from March 2019 to August 2019 and skill plays no part in it. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with entrants. Only (1) entry is permitted per rental.
8. All entries, once submitted, become the property of the Promoter.
9. This component of the promotion is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the monthly draw winners.
10. There will be six (6) random monthly prize draws conducted, one (1) for each month of the Promotional Period (“Monthly Draw”). Entries open on the first day of each month at 12:00am and close on the last day of each month at 11:59pm between 16 March 2019 and 31 August 2019. The Monthly Draws will take place at Accelerate Creative Strategies, Level 40, 100 Miller Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 at 3:00pm AEST on the following days.
Prize Draw Date
11. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in each Monthly Draw and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
12. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email within one (1) business day of the relevant Monthly Draw and their name published on the Thrifty Australia website (https://www.thrifty.com.au
13. If any prize remains unclaimed by 2:00pm AEST 5 days after it has been drawn, a re-draw will take place at 3:00pm AEST 5 days after it has been drawn at the same place as the original Monthly Draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. If an unclaimed prize draw falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the draw will take place on the next business day at 3:00pm. Unclaimed prize re-draw winners will be notified by telephone and/or email within one (1) business day of the relevant Monthly Draw and their name published on the Thrifty Australia website (https://www.thrifty.com.au
14. The first valid entry drawn in each Monthly Draw will win two (2) AFL Grand Final tickets (Grand Final Breakfast with Category 3 seats), an AFL-Thrifty branded original Sherrin ball, and a two (2) day Thrifty Car rental voucher – total prize pack valued at $3,988. Excludes access to September club. Seats are non-upgradable or changeable.
15. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize of equal value or specification, subject to any written directions given by the appropriate State or Territory Lottery Departments. No responsibility or liability is accepted for any variation in the value of the prizes. The prize is valued in Australian dollars.
16. Total prize pool value for the promotion is $23,928.
17. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
18. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included and are at the responsibility of the winner.
19. If for any reason a winner does not redeem the prize or an element of the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that element of the prize will be forfeited.
20. Prize, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
21. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
22. To protect the integrity of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right, at any time and its sole discretion, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence during and after the Promotion) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process.
Personal Information and Privacy
24. You can contact the Promoter’s Privacy Officer if you would like details of the personal information that the Promoter may hold about you or if you would like it to be corrected. The Privacy Officer details are:
Level 1, 52-60 Kent Road
Mascot, NSW, 2020
Or via email at email@example.com
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
Limitation of Liability
26. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent by the Promoter or its employees or agents, in connection with the arrangement for the supply, or the supply, of goods and services by any person to the prize winner and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the prize winner. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian Consumer law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its employees or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
27. Subject to the approval of the relevant State and Territory Lottery Departments, the Promoter may:
(a) modify or suspend the Promotion if all entrants participating in the competition until that point are notified of the changes to these Terms and Conditions, upon notification of any such changes, the affected entrants may terminate their participating in the competition without any liability to the entrant; or
(b) terminate or cancel the Promotion.
The Promoter will not be liable for any modification, suspension, termination or cancellation.
28. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
29. The Promoter has obtained the following permits in regard to the Promotion: NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/32582. ACT Permit No. ACT TP 19/02848 and SA Permit No. T19/323.