Win a winter escape to the Scenic Rim
Win a winter escape to the Scenic Rim!
Celebrating the food, farmers and natural beauty of the Scenic Rim, Eat Local Week is the ultimate treat for gourmets.
To coincide with the week of foodie fun, June 29 to July 7, Brisbane News is offering you and a friend the chance to spend two nights in a deluxe Glamping Hire Co tent on the stunning ground of The Overflow Estate 1895 at Beaudesert.
Arrive at sunset on Friday 5 July and settle in front of a crackling fire with a hamper of wine and local l delicacies. On Saturday head off to Eat Local Week’s signature event, the Winter Harvest Festival, with VIP access to The Courier-Mail marquee.
Taste the best produce from the region, but leave room for an eight-course degustation at Austin House Restaurant at Boonah, before returning to your luxury digs.
Sunday is for sleeping in before whiling away for the rest of the day at Moda in the Vines, set among the beautiful vineyards of The Overflow Estate 1895.
Wind up your stay with tapas and paella prepared by chef Javier Codina of Moda Tapas Bar, set to a soundtrack of live jazz at the cellar door overlooking Lake Wyaralong.
Competition closes midnight Sunday 30 June.
Simply enter your details to go in the draw.
Terms & Conditions
1. The Promoter is Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd (ABN 61 009 661 778) of Cnr Mayne and Campbell Streets, Bowen Hills Brisbane. Telephone number 1300 304 020.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Queensland, Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
5. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry in order to be eligible to enter the competition.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The competition commences on Monday 17 June 2019 at 9:00am AEST and concludes on Sunday 30 June 2019 at 11:59pm AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
10. The details of how to enter the competition are set out in Brisbane News Magazine, cover date Wednesday 19 June 2019.
11. Entrants may enter the competition by:
• logging onto brisbanenews.com.au and registering their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, postcode, telephone number, e-mail address and codeword / subscription number (if required) to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual internet Service Provider
12. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audiovisual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
13. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
15. Only one entry per person.
Draw and Notification of winner
16. The winner will be the first valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by Queensland Newspapers by random computer selection at 10:00am AEST on Monday 1 July 2019 at Bowen Hills, QLD.