nib “Win 6 Tickets to State of Origin Game 3” Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the nib “Win 6 Tickets to State of Origin Game 3” Competition (Competition). By participating, claimants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Claims must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
2. The Promoter is nib health funds limited ABN 83 000 124 381 of 22 Honeysuckle Drive, Newcastle NSW 2300. (“Promoter” or “nib”).
3. The Competition commences at 9:00am (AEDT) on 19 June 2019 and closes at 5:00pm (AEDT) on 1 July 2019 (“Competition Period”). Entries received after 5:00pm (AEDT) on 1 July 2019 will not be eligible for the competition.
4. Entry to the Competition is open to permanent residents of Australia, aged 18 years or older (“Eligible Entrant”) who meet the entry requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions.
5. Eligible Entrants must:
a. Subscribe using a valid and current email address (and provide any other requested information) to receive healthy living and health insurance information from nib, along with updates on current or upcoming offers at http://go.nib.com.au/origin-game-3-competition
b. Answer the 25 words or less question asked at the above link; and
c. Not be an employee of the Promoter, or a member of an employee’s immediate family. Immediate family means spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent or step parent, brother, sister, step brother or step sister.
6. Eligible Entrants can enter only once.
Prize, Prize Draw & Redemption
7. The Competition is for one person to win 6 x Category One tickets to Game 3 of the Holden State of Origin at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday 10 July, allowing entry to the game. Each Ticket is worth AUD$279.00 (incl GST), with a total prize pool of AUD$1,674.00 (incl GST). The prize also includes an ANZ stadium tour for each winning ticket holder. All other costs associated with accepting a prize, including any travel, accommodation and meal expenses is the responsibility of the prize winner.
8. Prizes are not transferrable and cannot be redeemed or exchanged to cash value. Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST.
9. Winners will be chosen on Tuesday 2 July 2019 by 5:00pm (AEDT) at nib head office at 22 Honeysuckle Drive, Newcastle 2300 and judged by the Acquisition Marketing Manager. Winners will be chosen based on the creativeness of their answer and adhering to the 25 words limit.
10. Winners will be contacted by email on Wednesday 3 July, with instructions on how the tickets will be received (either by email, post or pick-up).
11. If the Promoter can't contact a winner (or a winner does not contact the Promoter) within 48 hours, the relevant entry/ies will be discarded and the Promoter will select an additional entry or entries (as relevant) on 5 July 2019 using the judging criteria set out in paragraph 9 in order to distribute the unclaimed Prize/s.
12. Any winner/s of an unclaimed prize will be contacted in the same way as the original winner.
13. Entries must be received during the Competition Period and will be deemed to be received only when received by the Promoter. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If you use automatically generated entries or multiple
aliases, you may be disqualified.
14. Prizes and all elements of prizes must be taken
as and when offered or will be forfeited, and if
forfeited, the Promoter will not be liable. Prizes
are subject to any additional terms and
conditions imposed by the relevant supplier.
15. If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter
to breach these Terms and Conditions, your
entry may be discarded.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to request
winners to sign a winner's deed of release
(including indemnification) or any other relevant
forms or agreements that the Promoter deems
necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of
age, proof of residency at the nominated prize
delivery address and/or proof of entry validity
(including phone bill) in order to claim a prize.
Proof of identification, residency, age and entry
considered suitable for verification is at the
discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a
winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner
may be required to forfeit the prize in whole and
no substitute will be offered.
17. You must not:
(a) tamper with the entry process;
(b) engage in any conduct that may
jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of
(c) act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening,
abusive or harassing manner;
(d) do anything that may diminish the good
name or reputation of the Promoter or
any of its related entities or of the
agencies or companies associated with
(e) breach any law; or
(f) behave in a way that is otherwise
18. The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize
claims or correspondence that are misplaced,
misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or
19. The Promoter’s decision in connection with all
aspects of this competition is final.
20. If Competition cannot run as planned for any
reason beyond the Promoter's control, for
example due to software, hardware or
communications issues, unauthorised
intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure,
the Promoter may end, change, suspend or
cancel the Competition or disqualify affected
entries/entrants, subject to any necessary
approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
21. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax
implications arising from you winning a prize.
You should seek independent financial advice. If
for GST purposes this competition results in any
supply being made for non-monetary
consideration, you must follow the Australian
Taxation Office’s stated view that where the
parties are at arm’s length, goods and services
exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market
22. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by
law (in which case that liability is limited to the
minimum allowable by law), the Promoter
excludes all liability (including negligence), for
any personal injury; or any loss or damage
(including loss of opportunity); whether direct,
indirect, special or consequential, arising in any
way in connection with this promotion, including
but not limited to:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under the
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third
(c) any tax liability incurred by a winner
(independent financial advice should be
(d) accepting and/or using the Prize.
Nothing in these conditions of entry restricts,
excludes, modifies or purports to restrict, exclude
or modify any statutory consumer rights under
any applicable law including the Competition and
Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any
undelivered emails due to an entrant’s spam
filters or email settings.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any
persons that provides false information or who
seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to
manipulate this Competition.
25. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit,
exclude, modify or purport to limit, exclude or
modify the statutory consumer guarantees as
provided under the Competition and Consumer
Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied
warranties under the ASIC Act or similar
consumer protection laws in the State and
Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable
26. Personal information is being collected by the
Promoter for the purpose of conducting and
promoting this promotion, and to assist the
Promoter to improve its services. For this
purpose, personal information may be disclosed
by the Promoter to organisations, including but
not limited to agents, related entities, contractors,
service providers, prize suppliers and, as
required, to Australian regulatory authorities. By
entering this promotion, an entrant consents to
storage and use of their personal information by
the Promoter in accordance with its Privacy
Policy (at https://www.nib.com.au/legal/privacypolicy
If the personal information is not
provided, the entrant may not participate in this
information about how individuals may opt out,
access, update or correct their information, how
individuals may complain about the treatment of
their personal information, and how each of the
Promoter will deal with such a complaint.