http://www.bhg.com.au/winTELL US IN 25 WORDS OR LESS WHY YOU WOULD LIKE TO EXPLORE AUSTRALIA BY SEA?
Terms & Conditions:
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin. The Promoter is Pacific Magazines Pty Ltd, 8 Central Ave, Eveleigh NSW 2015 (ABN 16 097 410 896).
4. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
5. All entrants may enter as many times as they like but only one prize will be awarded per person.
6. Entrants into this competition must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry.
How to enter
7. Enter as many times as you wish, by telling us in 25-words-or-less, your answer to the question posed in Better Homes and Gardens November Issue, on sale September 19, 2019.
• Enter an original submission via the internet at www.bhg.com.au/win
8. Entries must include all requested contact details and a 25-words-or-less answer to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date
When to enter
9. The competition commences on 19/09/19 at 00:01 AEST and closes on 16/10/19 at 23:59 AEDT. The winner will be the best valid entry as judged by the judging panel, having regard to skill, creativity and originality, at the Promoter’s premises on 18/10/19 from 11:00 AEDT. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take a prize.
10. Thispromotionisagameofskill;chanceplaysnopartindeterminingthewinners.Thewinnerwill be selected based on the most original and creative Entry.
12. The winner must confirm acceptance of the prize by 18/11/19 by replying to the notification email. If a winner does not accept the prize within the specified time limit, the winner forfeits the prize and the Promoter may, at its discretion, award the prize to the next most original and creative Entry. The
new winner will be notified by email and must confirm acceptance of the prize by 16/12/19.
Prize on offer
13. Total prize value is (up to) $5,051.00, as at 6/08/19. One (1) winner will receive a seven-night roundtrip cruise on Queen Elizabeth (Q004) in a balcony stateroom departing Melbourne on January 26, 2020 and visiting Adelaide, Hobart and Burnie. The prize includes:
- Seven nights’ accommodation in a balcony stateroom for two people and gratuities
- Onboard main meals (with the exception of those restaurants which have an additional cover
charge) for two people; and
- Selected onboard activities, evening entertainment, and access to nightclubs (with the
exception of those activities and facilities which have an additional cover charge) for two
14. The prize does not include flights and/or transfers to/from the winner’s home to the departure port
of Melbourne. Any costs associated with transport to/from the departure port will be the responsibility of the winner and will not be fulfilled by the Promoter. Shore excursions or other onboard activities, spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken on January 26, 2020, as per the departure date.
15. The winner or their travelling companion must be over the age of 18. Alcohol consumption and gambling onboard are restricted to passengers aged 18 years of age or older.
16. Eachwinnerandtheircompanionareresponsibleforensuringthattheyhavethenecessaryand valid travel documentation including, passports, any requisite visas and vaccinations. The winner and travel companion will be responsible for any expenses incurred in obtaining necessary travel documentation, including any fines, or penalties incurred as a result of not having the requisite travel documentation. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. A credit card imprint or cash deposit will be required from the winner at check-in in order to board the cruise
ship, for all incidental charges.
17. The prize must be taken on January 26, 2020 which will mark the commencement of the cruise.
The prize is only available on this date and cannot be changed. If the winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on the nominated date, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
18. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel or accommodation component of the Prize and any costs incurred by Winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the Winner. Winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunizations and/or health checks prior to taking the Prize.
20. Prize is subject to availability.
21. There is no cash alternative for the prize. The prize is not redeemable, transferable or exchangeable
23. The Promoter and Supplier reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal
value if circumstances beyond the Promoter and Supplier’s control make it necessary to do so. The
Promoter will not be responsible for any changes to the prize that are made by the Supplier.
25. If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner to claim fulfilment of the promotional prize or if the
winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
26. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
27. Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses are the responsibility of the winners (and their companions) including but not limited to current passports, visas, meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, transfers, drinks, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, airport taxes (including departure taxes), fuel surcharges, energy surcharges, services charges, travel insurance, pre and post accommodation, optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges.
28. Byenteringthecompetition,andbycollectingaprize,thewinneracknowledgesandacceptsthat driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
29. Travel arrangements to and from the winner’s home and their nearest capital city airport do not form part of the prize unless expressly stated in these terms & conditions and are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companions. Accommodation and travel cannot be exchanged for other destinations. Travel restrictions apply.
30. Compliancewithanyhealthorothergovernmentrequirementsistheresponsibilityoftheprize winner and their travel companions. All prize travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage. The Promoter and carrier make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including local government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade at www.smartraveller.gov.au
. Prizes for travel for a particular event or attraction must be taken to coincide with the event or the times and dates during which the attraction is available.
31. Subject to state permit authority restrictions, the Promoter may amend these terms and conditions in its absolute discretion.
Further Terms and Conditions
32. ThePromoterreservestherighttoamendtheseTermsandConditionsifthiscompetitioncannotbe run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
33. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
34. All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers, designs and works. Any such answers, designs or works cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the designs of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. The winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
35. Any entrant found to have (a) be used any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software), (b) used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf or (c) entered incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to the Prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded the Prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return the Prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
36. Iftheprize(oranelementoftheprize)isunavailable,forwhateverreason,thePromoterreserves the right to substitute the prize (or an element of the prize) for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
37. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
38. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
39. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
40. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
42. Inparticipatingintheprizes,thewinnersagreetoparticipateandco-operateasrequiredinall editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
43. Prizewinnersareadvisedthattaximplicationsmayarisefromtheirprizewinningsandtheyshould seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
44. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
45. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
46. Exceptforanyliabilitythatcannotbylawbeexcluded,includingtheNon-ExcludableGuarantees,the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.