Win a family trip to Universal Studios in LA!
The Daily Telegraph are offering you the chance to win flights, accommodation and a VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood.
The Daily Telegraph are offering you the chance to win flights, accommodation and a VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood.
From the makers of Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls, comes an extraordinary exhibition celebrating over 25 years of DreamWorks Animation, on show at the National Museum of Australia, Canberra!
To celebrate DreamWorks Animation: The Exhibition – Journey from Sketch to Screen the Daily Telegraph in partnership with the National Museum of Australia are offering you and your family the chance to win a trip to Universal Studios Hollywood.
Go in the draw to win flights, five nights’ accommodation thanks to Accor Hotels, and a VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood for two adults and two children, valued over $14,000.
The prize includes:
• Return economy flights to Los Angeles, California from the winner’s nearest capital city;
• Five nights’ accommodation for four people at the Sofitel LA at Beverly Hills
• Return transfers to and from LAX; and
• VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood including a guided tour, unlimited express access to rides and attractions, lunch and much more!
Competition Opens Monday, 11th November 2019 at 9:00am (ADST).https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/competitions/win-a-family-trip-to-universal-studios-in-la/news-story/8fe21048c9e48611db7a8399763ce32c
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The Promoter is Nationwide News Pty Ltd (ABN: 98 008 438 828) of 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010, Telephone number 02 9288 3000
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Promotion, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, the National Museum of Australia, DreamWorks Animation LLC, Australian Centre of the Moving Image (ACMI), Engage Australia Pty Ltd and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entrants into this Promotion must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The Promotion commences on 11th November 2019 at 9:00am AEDT and concludes on 25th November 2019 at 9:00am AEDT. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the Promotion close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
10. Entrants may enter the Promotion by:
● ONLINE - logging onto www.dailytelegraph.com.au/promotions
and registering their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, post code, telephone number and e-mail address to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider
11. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
13. Only one entry per person. Only one prize will be awarded per person.
Draw and Notification of winner
14. The winner will be the first valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by Engage Australia Pty Ltd by random computer selection at 10:00am AEDT on 27th November 2019 at Suite 3, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
15. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Promotion result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
17. The winner/s will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the draw. Winner/s of prizes will be published on dailytelegraph.com.au/promotions by 12:00pm AEDT on 29th November, 2019.
18. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
19. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
20. Subject to State Regulation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Engage Australia (Suite 3, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000) on 28th February 2020 at 9:00am AEDT. The winner/s of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone or email within two days of that draw. Winner/s of prizes valued over $250 will be published in The Australian newspaper within 14 days of the draw.
Prize on offer
21. Individual prize value is up to $14,264 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $14,264 (including GST) as at 1st August 2019.
One winner will receive:
● Four return economy flights for two adults and two children (under the age of 18 years old) from the winner’s nearest capital city to Los Angeles, United States of America (Valued at $8,000)
● Five nights’ accommodation at Sofitel LA in one double room (two beds) and including daily breakfast (Valued at $3,625)
● Return airport transfers for four people from LAX (Valued at $250)
● The opportunity for two adults and two children to participate in a VIP Experience at Universal Studios Hollywood (“VIP Experience”) that includes Unlimited express access to rides, shows (does not apply to food and retails locations), Expert guided tour, including the back lot, Light snacks and refreshments, Gourmet meal in exclusive VIP dining room, and Valet parking (if required) (Valued at $2,390).
If any guest is a minor, winner or another guest must be that minor’s parent or legal guardian. Minors must be at least 5 years of age in order to participate in the VIP Experience. VIP Experience is subject to additional terms and conditions, as specified by issuer. Restrictions may apply. Visit universalstudioshollywood.com for more information.
22. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
23. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
24. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
25. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
26. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner and guests may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
27. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
28. Prize must be booked by 30th June 2020 and taken by 31st December 2020. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
29. Any guests/companions of winner under 18 years of age must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times.
30. Gift vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the gift card provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
31. By entering this Promotion, and by collecting the prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that travel and any other activities comprising the prize are inherently dangerous and may result in injury, death, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter, the National Museum of Australia, DreamWorks Animation LLC, Universal City Studios LLC d/b/a Universal Studios Hollywood, the Australian Centre of the Moving Image, prize suppliers, and their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, or any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place. The winner must make his or her own enquiries about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
32. The winner/s (and their companion/s) is/are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, additional transfers (unless specified), car hire, laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
33. The winner/s and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth). (If the winner is from Tasmania, ACT or NT connecting flights from these cities to the nearest flight departure capital city will be included in the prize package for the winner and travelling companion only – if applicable).
34. The prize must be taken by 31st December 2020 and is subject to hotel flight and Universal Studios VIP Experience ticket availability. The prize is not available during peak times such as public holidays, school holidays and any block out periods including 25th to 31st December 2019 and 2020, 22nd to 26th January 2020, 5th to 9th February 2020, 26th to 27th April 2020 and cannot be changed once the booking has been made. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
35. The winner and his or her travel companions are responsible for complying with health and any other government requirements that may apply to the prize. All prize travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel documentation, including valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of government authorities at the relevant destinations. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Entrants should obtain travel advice from independent sources, such as the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
36. The winners acknowledge that regions of United States of America are politically unsettled, and guerrilla warfare/activity is still known to exist in the areas in which they will be travelling. The winners are required to be physically fit. This expedition/prize is not suitable for anyone who suffers from a respiratory disorder, circulatory ailment, or physical disability that limits mobility. By entering the Promotion, the winner and their guest acknowledge they are able to bring with them with the required clothing for this tour at no expense to the Promoter or the other organisers.
37. By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in any rides at Universal Studios Hollywood should they be chosen as winners. The winners release the promoter, DreamWorks Animation LLC, Universal City Studios LLC d/b/a Universal Studios Hollywood, and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”), from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties shall not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the participation in this Promotion, participation in rides at Universal Studios Hollywood, or participation in and use or misuse of any other aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize and that he or she may be excluded from participation in the prize if the promoter or other organisers consider that he or she is not fit to participate.
38. The Promoter does not guarantee that the celebrities, actors and/or production staff associated with the prize will be present during the visit, or that the winner will meet any of them. Travel must be taken to coincide with the timing of the prize, on a date to be determined by Promoter at its discretion. The winner agrees to abide by, and ensure his or her companion abides by any reasonable requests made by the Promoter. If the winner does not comply with such requests the winner may be removed from the venue.
39. Legal aged consumers should be advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at: http://www.alcohol.gov.au/
. Participation in this promotion is subject to relevant liquor legislation in each State, Territory or Country, including responsible service of alcohol.