The Oscars are calling, will you answer?
This is your chance to experience Hollywood’s high life. A money can’t buy red carpet experience to one of LA’s exclusive Oscars parties, for you and your bestie. Plus, access to the after party and luxury accommodation during your stay.
Don’t miss your chance to party with the glitterati.
Bonus entries for Optus One: If you’re part of Optus One, you will receive 10 bonus entries to this competition.https://www.optusperks.com.au/competitions/competition-oscars
Optus/Virgin Mobile eligible customers AU16+ only. Ends 09/01/20.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Optus Administration Pty Ltd ABN 79 055 136 804, 1 Lyonpark Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2113, Australia. Ph: 0280827800
Start date: 25/11/19 at 12:00 pm AEDT End date: 09/01/20 at 11:59 pm AEDT
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 16 years and over and are an eligible Optus customer with an active Optus service or eligible Virgin Mobile customer with an active Virgin Mobile service.
Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent or legal guardian approval to enter.
Eligible Optus customers include Consumer customers, Small Business customers and Fleet customers (i.e. they are eligible to participate in the Promotion). This includes prepaid/postpaid Optus mobile users, Optus broadband users and Optus landline customers.
Eligible Virgin Mobile customers include prepaid/postpaid mobile and mobile broadband plans customers.
The following customers/customers of the following products/services are excluded from this Promotion: Optus TV featuring Foxtel satellite, Optus Thuraya, ‘Google Apps for Business’, Optus MyBiz OnlineTM, Complex fixed services (Fleet and Micro), standalone YesTV by Fetch, standalone Optus Sport, VAS services (e.g. bolt-ons, roaming), Coles prepaid customers and all Optus Corporate products.
How to Enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must visit www.optusperks.com.au
, follow the prompts to the Promotion entry page; and fully complete and submit the online entry form with their personal details (first name, last name, date of birth, email address, mobile number and state/territory of residence) and Optus/Virgin mobile phone number or account number during the Promotional Period.
Bonus Entries: Entrants who are customers on an Optus One plan will receive ten (10) additional entries.
Only one (1) eligible entry per person will be accepted unless an entrant is on an Optus One plan in which case they will receive a total of eleven (11) entries.
Total Prize Pool:
Up to AUD $38,000.00
Number of this prize
Value (per prize)
The prize is an Oscars experience for two (2) people in LA which consists of the following:
• 2 x return economy flights for two (2) people between
the winners nearest capital and Los Angeles;
• luxury twin share accommodations in Los Angeles for 5
nights (4-star or above);
• access for 2 to a red-carpet pre-Oscars party;
• access for 2 to a red-carpet celebrity black tie Oscars
viewing and dinner party;
• access for 2 to the after-party following the Oscars;
• transfers between the airport and hotel, and to/from all
• 24/7 guest support.
Up to AUD$38,000.00 depending on the exact point of departure
Draw: computerised random selection - 10/01/20 at 12:00 pm AEDT
• Should the winner be under the age of 21 (but 18 years or over) he/she will be required to travel with an adult of 21 as their guest.
• During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
• Travel must be taken between 06/02/20 and 13/02/20 to coincide with the Oscars. If a winner is unavailable on unwilling to travel on the aforementioned dates required by the Promoter to coincide with this event,
they will forfeit their right to the Prize and will not be awarded cash or any other alternative in lieu.
• Travel itinerary will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
• The prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
• Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the prize.
• Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations,
transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other
ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the prize description herein, are not included.
• The winner and his/her travel companion/s are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and
any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation.
• Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating prize provider(s), if for any reason the winner does
not, once the prize has been booked, take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then
the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
• The winner may be required to present their credit card at check in.
• Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
• The winner and his/her travel companions must depart from and return to the same departure point and
• The promotion is not affiliated with the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Oscars is a registered
trademark of AMPAS.
The winner will be contacted by email, phone and SMS within two (2) business days of the draw. The winner will be published at www.optusperks.com.au
Prize must be claimed by 13/01/20 at 12:00 pm AEDT. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 14/01/20 at 12:00 pm AEDT at Plexus, Level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000. The winner of the redraw will be notified by email, phone and SMS within two (2) business days of the redraw. The winner will be notified publicly (and their details published) at www.optusperks.com.au
1. The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule). Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
2. The Promotion commences on the Start Date and ends on the End Date ("Promotional Period"). Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
3. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted during the Promotional Period.
4. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with the conduct of this
Promotion, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. "Immediate family member" means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. If a prize is won by a person under the age of 18, the prize may be awarded to the winner's parent or guardian and where applicable to the prize a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
a) The draw will take place at Plexus, level 4, 411 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 at 12:00 pm AEDT on 10/01/20 using
computerised random selection.
i) The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the prize specified in the Schedule above.
b) The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn.
c) If a draw is scheduled on the weekend or a public holiday, the draw will be conducted at the same time and location on
the following business day. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny and anyone may witness the
draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
7. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
8. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the
Promoter, or is unavailable, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
9. The value of the prize is accurate and based upon the recommended retail value of the prize (inclusive of GST) at the date of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize after that date.
10. No part of a prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize or transferable, unless otherwise specified in writing by the Promoter.
11. If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
12. No entry fee is charged by the Promoter to enter the Promotion. Where entry is allowed online, there is no additional cost to enter the Promotion other than any cost paid by the entrant to access the website or social media platform of entry via their Internet service provider.
13. The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
15. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter may only publish the winner's surname, initial and State/Territory or postcode of residence.
16. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner (or their parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize. If a winner is under the age of 18, a nominated parent or legal guardian of the winner will be required to sign the legal release on the winner's behalf.
17. If a prize is provided to the Promoter by a third party, the prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the third party prize supplier and the provision of the prize is the sole responsibility of the third party and not the Promoter. The terms and conditions which apply to the prize at the time it is issued to the winner will prevail over these Conditions of Entry, to the extent of any inconsistency. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the prize, any delay or failure relating to the prize itself or failure by the third party to meet any of its obligations in these Conditions of Entry or otherwise.
18. Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these Conditions of Entry restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
19. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
20. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by the Promoter to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter's discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
23. The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
24. Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guests) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
26. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.
27. Authorised under: ACT Permit No. TP 19/04630, NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/39914 and SA Permit No. T19/1920.