Want to win the prize of a lifetime? For your chance to win, simply upload a 30 second video explaining why you and your family deserve to win a brand new home – thanks to Simonds Homes & Satterley.
Open to AU res. 18+ who are first home buyers
Ends: 11:59pm AEDT 29/3/20. Max 1 entry per person. Finalists must attend final game in Melbourne, VIC on 3/4/20. Judging: Promoter’s office, 10 rounds of judging each Monday between 28/1/20 & 30/3/20. Prizes: 10x trips to Melbourne, VIC (all winners); 9x $5k cash (minor winners), 1x Satterley and Simonds house and land package valued at $592,463. (major winner). Winners published at www.todayshow.com.au
on 6/4/20. Promoter: Nine Entertainment Co. Pty Ltd ABN 59 122 205 065 of 24 Artarmon Road, Willoughby NSW 2068. TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Start Date: 20/01/20 at 7:30am AEDT End Date: 29/03/20 at 11:59pm AEDT
Permanent residents of Australia or Australian citizens aged 18 years and over who are not ineligible to enter the Promotion under clause 2 of the Terms and Conditions and who are first home buyers (refer Entry Restrictions below) (Entrants). The Promoter and/or Prize Supplier will conduct an index check on Entrants to ensure that they meet these requirements.
Entry is not open to individuals who are not first home buyers, namely individuals who have:
▪ previously received and retained a grant under the First Home Owner Grant Act 2000 (Vic) or a corresponding Act in another State or Territory of Australia, either alone or together with any other person or persons; or
▪ have owned a home or had a relevant interest in a residential property within Australia prior to 1 July 2000; or
▪ have owned and occupied, for a continuous period of at least six months, a residential property within Australia and the relevant interest was acquired on or after 1 July 2000.
The Promoter and/or Prize Supplier will conduct national property ownership searches (or similar) on Entrants to ensure that they meet this requirement. For the purposes of this section, ‘relevant interest’ and ‘residential property’ are as defined under the First Home Owner Grant Act 2000 (Vic).
1. Visit www.todayshow.com.au
2. Upload a video of no more than 30 seconds explaining why you and your family
deserve to win a brand-new home (promotional question).
3. In the application, answer the following questions with ‘yes’ or ‘no’: ‘Are you a first home buyer?’ and ‘Are you currently renting, living with relatives or in
another situation that does not include owning your own home?’
4. Insert your full name, email, phone number, state.
Maximum of 1 entry per Entrant during the Promotional Period.
This promotion will comprise of two components, being the selection of finalists and a final contingency game. The determination of finalists is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the finalists.
Each Monday of each week of the Promotional Period (excluding the first week), from 28/01/20 to 30/03/20 inclusive, the Promoter will individually judge all entries received in the prior week (Monday to Sunday) to determine the Entrant who has most creatively answered the promotional question. The Promoter reserves the right to select additional reserve entries that it determines to be the next best, and rank them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant. Non- winning entries each week will rollover into subsequent weeks.Each winner of each week will be declared a finalist. There will be ten (10) finalists in total
Each finalist will be flown to Melbourne, VIC on 02/04/20 (see further details below), for a live broadcast of the Today Show to take place on 03/04/20, at the location of the major prize, detailed below, during which they will participate in a contingency game (Game) for the chance to win the major prize. Each finalist must be available to participate in the Game on this day. This component is a game of chance.
The Game will be conducted as follows:
1. There will be ten (10) keys on display at the start of the Game. Each finalist must choose one (1) key without handling or interfering with the other keys, when prompted. Any finalist that breaches this condition will be immediately disqualified.
2. Finalists will select a key in the order in which they were determined, with the first selected finalist choosing first and so on.
3. Each finalist will then, when prompted, attempt to unlock the door to the house at the Game location, with their selected key.
4. Only one (1) key will unlock the house, and the finalist that selects the key that successfully unlocks the house will be deemed the major prize winner.
5. All other finalists will receive a minor prize as detailed below.
Number of Winners
1 major, 9 minor.
Winner Notification and Publication
Finalists will be notified by telephone and email within 2 days from the judging date. Winners will be published on www.todayshow.com.au
Major Prize Suppliers: Simonds Homes Victoria Pty Ltd ABN 35 050 197 610 (Simonds) and Satterley Mickleham Pty Ltd ABN 58 612 101 550 (Satterley)
Minor Prize Suppliers: National Tiles, CarpetCall, Allegion (Aust) Pty Ltd, Hume Doors & Timber (Aust) Pty Ltd, Glen Dimplex Australia Pty Ltd, Climate Technologies, Haymes Corporation, Start Point homes and Colorbond,
Each finalist will receive a flight for themselves and one (1) guest to Melbourne, VIC (with an airline determined by the Promoter) from their nearest capital city, return airport to accommodation transfers and 1-night accommodation in Melbourne, VIC, (as determined by the Promoter) valued at up to $1,350 depending on point of departure. Residents of VIC will receive accommodation only.
9 x minor prize of $5000 cash awarded via EFT into winner’s nominated bank account.
1 x major prize of a Satterley and Simonds Homes house and land package valued at $592,463 (exclusive of all taxes and duties). A Simonds Home – The three bedroom ‘Barrington 18’ with a Burrowa façade (supplied by Simonds) constructed on a 350 square metre parcel of land supplied by Satterley - 15 Masala Street, Mickleham, being the land contained in certificate of title volume 12153 folio 150 in Satterley’s Botanical Estate, Mickleham Victoria (Property).
For clarity, the value is comprised of the value of the Property calculated by the Promoter’s nominated licensed valuer, as well as all applicable taxes, duties,
Total Prize Pool
Unclaimed Prize Date
Unclaimed Prize Winner Notification
Unclaimed Prize Winner Publication
estimated maximum transfer and adjustment costs, labour costs and fit out of the property.
AUD$637,463 (exclusive of taxes and duties associated with transfer of the Property)
If required, unclaimed prizes will be re-drawn on 03/08/20 at 10am AEST at 24 Artarmon Road, Willoughby NSW 2068 by a random computer generator.
The winner of the Unclaimed Prize will be notified by phone and email within 2 days from the Unclaimed Prize Date.
Winners will be published on www.todayshow.com.au
1. The successful major prize winner must enter into a house and land contract with the Satterley on 3 April 2020 following the outcome of the Game. The form of the house and land contract can be viewed at Lot 606 Botanical - Today Show Giveaway contract of sale with draft vendor's statement 16.1.2020.pdf. If the major prize winner does not enter into a house and land contract with Satterley by immediately following the major prize draw, the major prize winner will be disqualified, and a redraw of the Game with remaining finalists will be carried on the same terms as above. If the major prize is re-awarded under this re-draw, the new winner must enter into a house and land contract with Satterley immediately following the re-draw.
2. The Major Prize Suppliers will bear the following costs associated with the transfer of the Property to the major prize winner:
• Land Use Victoria transfer fees;
• State Revenue Office of Victoria stamp duty payable to the State
Revenue Office of Victoria;
• PEXA fees; and
• any adjustments required for municipal, water rates and land tax for the then current rating period.
Settlement of the house and land contract and transfer of the certificate of title for the Property will occur on or around 14 days after the house and land contract is signed by the major prize winner (Settlement Date). Details about the Property, including land title, house specifications and floor plan, are available at the offices of the Major Prize Suppliers on request and on their website.
3. Each minor prize winner must claim their prize by the Unclaimed Prize Date. If any minor winner does not claim their prize by the Unclaimed Prize Date, the relevant prize will be awarded via the Unclaimed Prize Draw above.
4. As a condition of accepting transfer of the Property, the winner must provide copies of its identification (passport and drivers licence), sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter, the Major Prize Suppliers or their nominated agent in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a Deed of Acknowledgment, Release and Indemnity, and all necessary documentation to give effect to the transfer of the land for the Property.
5. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and Major Prize Suppliers make no warranty or representation that; (a) the title to the Property is identical with the address and the fenced boundaries of the Property; (b) that the Property complies with all laws and the requirements of any authority; (c) that any improvements are erected within the boundaries of title to the Property; or (d) that improvements owned by other persons do not encroach on to the title to the Property or as to the condition or environmental state To the extent permitted by law the Promoter and Major Prize Suppliers make no warranty or representation with respect to the quality or nature of the construction or any improvements on the Property, the finishes, dimensions and value of the Property, or that the Property is fit for any purpose other than normal residential use.
7. The Promoter and Major Prize Suppliers makes no warranties as to the liability for rates and other statutory outgoings on and from the date the Property is transferred to the winner, which remain the responsibility of the winner.
8. To the extent permitted by law, the winner waives all of its rights to make any claim against the Promoter and Prize Supplier in relation to any defects in any building work carried out on the Property by the building company (and its officers, contractors and agents) or persons engaged by the Promoter or Sponsor.
9. All conveyancing costs and disbursements relating to the Property will be paid by the Prize Suppliers subject to any such costs being reasonable and the services being provided by qualified and reputable providers (as determined by the Promoter). The winner acknowledges that he/she is free to obtain independent legal advice, and that any independent legal advice that he or she elects to obtain will be obtained at his or her own expense.
Permit numbers Authorised under: NSW: LTPS/20/41239, ACT: TP20/00013 & SA: T19/2199.