Upload a photo below and tell us in 50 words or less how you and your pooch are the perfect pair to be in the running to win our first minor prize - a Grooming Product Bundle valued at $389.95. Winners will be selected by our very own Petbarn team members. PLUS you'll also be in the running to win a $2,000 Petbarn Gift Card!
Our first minor prize winner will be announced on 4 March 2020 and our second minor prize period opens on 28 February 2020. Scroll down for full details on T&Cs and competition timings.
Please note: to enter this competition you need to be a member of Petbarn's Friends for Life rewards program. You can sign-up for FREE when entering below.https://www.petbarn.com.au/pooch-social-comp
Minor Prize #1:
Competition Period: 20 February 2020 - 28 February 2020
Prizes: Grooming Product Bundle valued at $389.95. The pack includes a Wahl Rotary Dog Clipper, Providore Beef Adult Dog Food (250g), Well & Good 2 in 1 Dog Shampoo Conditioner, Wahl Slicker Dog Brush, Well & Good Dog Nail Clipper and a Wahl Dog Pin Brush.
Plus you'll also be in the running to win a $2,000 Petbarn Gift Card.
Winner Announced for Minor Prize #1: 4 March 2020
Minor Prize #2:
Competition Period: 28 February 2020 - 8 March 2020
Prizes: A stylish Petbarn Grooming Experience valued at $159.
Plus you'll also be in the running to win a $2,000 Petbarn Gift Card.
Winner Announced for Minor Prize #2: 11 March 2020
Voting Commences: 11 March 2020
Voting Closes: 17 March 2020
Prizing: $2,000 Petbarn Gift Card.
Winner Announced for Major Prize: 19 March 2020
“PETBARN’S PERFECT PAIR” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences on 20/02/20 and closes at 5 pm AEDT on 08/03/20. Entries into each round of judging open and close at the following times:
(a) Minor Prize 1 – Entries open on 20/02/20 and close at 5:00 pm AEDT on 28/02/20;
(b) Minor Prize 2 – Entries open on 28/02/20 and close at 5:00 pm AEDT on 08/03/20;
5. Throughout the Promotional Period, the Promoter will post, to its Facebook Page and Instagram Feed (“Social Platforms”), several promotional posts or ‘Stories’ (“Promotional Posts”) prompting individuals to enter the promotion.
6. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps:
(i) Visit either Social Platform, like or follow (as applicable) the Promoter’s Social Platform and locate a Promotional Post, or visit www.petbarn.com.au;
(ii) Follow the prompts to the promotion entry page;
(iii) Input the requested details including first name, last name, email, mobile, address, suburb, postcode, state/territory, pets;
(iv) Upload an original photo of themselves and their dog;
(v) Provide an answer to the question, “Why are you and your dog the perfect pair?”, in fifty (50) words or less;
(vi) Enter your Friends For Life membership details or tick the box to agree to sign up to the Friends For Life loyalty program as part of your entry; and
(vii) Submit the fully completed entry form. Uploaded files must be submitted in PNG, JPG, GIF or PDF format and must not exceed 10MB file size.
7. From 11/03/20 until 5:00 pm AEDT on 17/03/20, individuals of the general public can vote for their favourite entry at https://www.petbarn.com.au/pooch-social-comp
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time: (a) to invalidate any votes which it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent or misleading information, including but not limited to personal details and contact information and/or votes that have been submitted through the use of multiple identities, email addresses or accounts, including but not limited to social networking accounts; and/or (b) to disqualify any entrant (or invalidate their entry) that the Promoter reasonably suspects has paid, bartered or offered payment or other consideration to another person in exchange for votes or has otherwise encouraged or procured any person to submit votes contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
10. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
11. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be substantially unique; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
12. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
13. The judging for each prize will take place at the following locations:
(a) Minor Prize 1 – U6, 372, Eastern Valley Way, Chatswood, Sydney NSW 2067 on 04/03/20 at 5pm AEDT.
(b) Minor Prize 2 – U6, 372, Eastern Valley Way, Chatswood, Sydney NSW 2067 on 10/03/20 at 5pm AEDT.
(c) Major Prize – Judging will be determined via online voting during the Voting Period. The winner will be announced on 19/03/20.
14. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
15. The winners will be notified via phone and/or email.
16. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on the literary and creative merit of the photo uploaded and answer provided to the promotional question.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. There will be three rounds of judging that will operate as follows:
(a) Minor Prize 1 – The best three (3) valid entries, as determined by the judges, will each win a Grooming Product Bundle valued at $389.95. Prize includes:
● 1x Wahl Max 45 Rotary Dog Clipper;
● 1x Well & Good 2 In 1 Dog Shampoo Conditioner 473ml;
● 1x Wahl Slicker Dog Brush Large;
● 1x Wahl Dog Pin Brush X-Large;
● 1x Well & Good Dog Nail Clipper Assorted;
● 1x Providore Beef Adult Dog Food 250g.
(b) Minor Prize 2 – The best three (3) valid entries, as determined by the judges, will each win a Petbarn Grooming Experience valued at $159.00, which will be added to each winner’s Friends For Life account to be redeemed at any Petbarn store that offers Grooming Experiences.
(c) Major Prize – The entry that receives the most votes at the end of the Voting Period will win a $2,000.00 Petbarn gift card.
19. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Petbarn gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the Petbarn gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Petbarn gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Petbarn gift card.
20. If for any reason a winner does not take a prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
21. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
22. Total prize pool value is $3,646.85.
23. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
24. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, [
Censored]ographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) the Content is the original artistic and literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
25. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
26. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
27. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
28. The use of any automated entry or voting software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter or vote repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries/votes submitted by that entrant invalid.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
31. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php
32. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Facebook will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant, as a result of participating in the promotion (including taking/use of a prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
33. The Promoter is Petbarn Pty Limited (ABN 78 001 802 759) of U6, 372, Eastern Valley Way, Chatswood, Sydney NSW 2067.