WIN THE ULTIMATE QUEENSLAND HOLIDAY
Hereís your chance to experience the Ultimate Queensland Holiday with a $5,000 Flight Centre voucher to spend on your dream getaway. Create your own adventure and explore our wonderful State. With five $5,000 vouchers up for grabs, and so many great destinations to choose from, make sure you enter for your chance to win.Competition commences on 8 March and concludes on 22 March.
**One entry per person**TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The Promoter is Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd trading as News Queensland (ABN 61 009 661 778) of Cnr Mayne Road and Campbell Street Bowen Hills QLD 4006 Telephone number 1300 696 397.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Queensland, Australia except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
5. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry in order to be eligible to enter the competition.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The competition commences on 08/03/2020 at 00:01am AEST and concludes on 22/03/2020 at 11.59pm AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoterís database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
10. To enter, individuals must visit a website listed in the table below, follow the prompts to the promotion page, entrants must register their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, post code, telephone number, email address and code-word / subscription number (if required) to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotion website will be dependent on the entrantís individual Internet Service Provider.
Participating newspapers are as follows:
The Sunday Mail
Cairns Post www.cairnspost.com.au/competitions
Gold Coast Bulletin
Townsville Bulletin www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/competitions
The Morning Bulletin www.themorningbulletin.com.au/competitions/
The Observer www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/competitions/
Fraser Coast Chronicle www.frasercoastchronicle.com.au/competitions/
Sunshine Coast Daily www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/competitions/
The Gympie Times www.gympietimes.com.au/competitions/
The Queensland Times www.qt.com.au/competitions/
Warwick Daily News www.warwickdailynews.com.au/competitions/
11. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, ďentry contentĒ includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrantís original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrantís original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoterís satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrantís entry. An entrantís entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that personís express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winnerís entry is of a type described in this clause.
12. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
14. Entrants may enter as many times as they like. Only one prize will be awarded per person.
Draw and Notification of winner
15. The winners will by the first five (5) valid entries submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by The Promoter by random computer selection at 3pm AEST on 25/03/2020 at Cnr Mayne Road & Campbell Street Bowen Hills QLD 4006 or where the total prize pool value is above $10, 000- The prize draw will take place at Engage Australia, Level 8, 56 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW2000. The winners will be the first valid entries submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by random computer selection.
16. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
17. The Promoterís decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
18. The winner/s will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the draw. Winner/s of prizes will be published online.
19. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
20. Should an entrantís contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
● The prize is a five (5) x $5,000 Queensland holiday, which must be booked in entirety through a Flight Centre store which will be nominated after selection of the winner (ďPrizeĒ).
● The Prize includes airfares originating from the winnerís nearest airport to a destination of the winnerís choice within Queensland.
● Any accommodation, land tours or activities must occur in entirety in Queensland.
● The Prize is not valid on cruise departures.
● Total Prize pool value of this promotion is $25,000 (consisting of five $5,000 individual prize
● For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does consist of anything other than expressly set out
above. All fees and expenses related to delivery, acceptance, and use of the Prize are solely the responsibility of the winner and/or their guest(s), as applicable. Specifically, the Prize does not include any incidental expenses (meals, transport, attractions) that occur during the holiday, travel insurance, taxes, bag check fees, excess baggage fees, parking fees, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, phone charges, merchandise, gratuities, souvenirs, spending money, or any other items not specified in the Prize details.
● If the Promoter is unable to provide the Prize winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of equal or greater value, subject to any direction of a lottery authority.
● If the Prize winner does not accept any element of the Prize, the Promoter is not obliged to provide a substitute prize.
General Terms and Conditions for the prize:
● Prize must be booked by 30 June 2020, and travel must be completed by 30 June 2021 (subject to availability).
● The Prize may only be applied up to the maximum value of the nominated prize value which is unspent at the time of use. Where the cost of purchase exceeds the Prize value, the excess amount must be paid by the Prize winner.
● The Prize may only be redeemed in whole during the validity period. Where used in part, no change will be given. Any unused balance will be forfeited.
● The Prize must be booked in entirety at the nominated Flight Centre store within Australia.
● The Prize winner must take the Prize as offered. The Prize may not be redeemed or
exchanged for cash, gift cards, travellerís cheques, cash passports or any other form of currency. The prize is not transferable. The Prize is for use by the winner and their nominated guest(s) (if any) only and cannot be handed/gifted/sold to a third party.
● The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional vouchers.
● The Prize winner and their nominated guest(s) who use the Prize must:
1. be booked in the same transaction;
2. be aged over 18 years at the time of travel;
3. travel together on all flights; and
4. travel together on the same departure date.
● No changes to passenger names or details after booking are permitted.
● The Prize and booking of the Prize are subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of Flight Centre (available at https://www.flightcentre.com.u/booking-terms-condition
airlineís conditions of carriage, and any additional terms and conditions (including without
limitation, activity waivers) of Flight Centreís suppliers.
● Any passes, tickets or vouchers issued as part of the Prize are subject to prevailing terms and
conditions of use and any tickets or passes are only valid for the use within the standard duration on the passes or tickets issues or the duration of the Prize, whichever expires earlier.
21. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
22. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
23. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
24. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplierís requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
25. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion
26. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
Gift vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the gift card provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
The winner acknowledges and accepts that activities that form part of the prize are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place. The winner must make his or her own enquiries about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
The winner/s (and their companion/s) is/are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
Further Terms and Conditions
30. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
31. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
32. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
33. Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promotional website . Access to that site is dependent on the Internet service provider.
34. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
35. An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
36. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplierís requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
37. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
38. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
39. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winnerís submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winnerís participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or News Limited publications or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
40. The Promoter acknowledges that the entrant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with the entrantís entry or participation in any aspect of the prize (Works). The entrant hereby grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the Works, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all). The entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither the entrant nor any third party shall be entitled to any fee, royalty or other consideration in respect of such licence. If the entrant holds, now, or at any time in the future, any so called ďdroit moralĒ or moral rights in connection with the Works, the entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of the Promoter and all of its assignees, licensees and sublicensees to material alterations to the Works (including, without limitation, any copying, editing, adding to, taking from, adapting and/or translating the Works, in any manner or context) for any purpose, notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the Works for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
41. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoterís ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
42. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
43. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the
Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoterís legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
44. All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
45. All entries become the property of The Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrantís names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrantís details should be directed to The Promoter.