Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Tuesday 19 March 2024, 04:59:26 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,690 comps and freebies worth over $23,217,962.84 listed

That's over twenty three million, two hundred and seventeen thousand, nine hundred and sixty two dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014008 Total Posts (443841 Searchable Posts) in 296276 Topics by 41481 Members
Latest Member: twitterby
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Elizabeth Jolley Short Story - Win Share of $12,500 in Cash
Entry Details
  • Share of $12,500 in Cash     Closing Date: Friday 01 May 2020

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Cash & Vouchers 
Prizes may include Cash, Vouchers, Subscriptions, Gift Cards etc ...
 Win great prizes at the Compingclub

COMP
MARK

$12,500.00  
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Elizabeth Jolley Short Story - Win Share of $12,500 in Cash  (Read 647 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Saturday 18 April 2020, 01:14:44 am »
Go Up

https://www.australianbookreview.com.au/prizes-programs/elizabeth-jolley-story-prize

ABR Elizabeth Jolley Short Story Prize

The Australian Book Review Elizabeth Jolley Short Story Prize is one of Australia's leading prizes for an original short story. It honours the work of the great Australian writer Elizabeth Jolley (1923–2007).

Maria Takolander won the inaugural Australian Book Review Short Story Competition in 2010. In 2011 the prize was renamed the ABR Elizabeth Jolley Short Story Prize. Jolley Prize winners include Carrie Tiffany and Gregory Day (2011), Sue Hurley (2012), Michelle Michau-Crawford (2013), and Jennifer Down (2014). In 2015 UK-based writer Rob Magnuson Smith became the first international winner of the Jolley Prize. Josephine Rowe won the 2016 Jolley Prize, Canadian author Eliza Robertson won the 2017 Jolley Prize, and New York-based Australian writer Madelaine Lucas won the 2018 Jolley Prize. Sonja Dechian won the 2019 Jolley Prize. Click here for more information about past winners of the Jolley Prize and to read their stories.

The 2020 Jolley Prize (worth a total of $12,500)  is now open. Entries close at midnight 1 May 2020.
Click here for more information about the 2020 Jolley Prize.

ABR gratefully acknowledges the support of Mr Ian Dickson.

'To win the Jolley Prize is a surreal and wonderful feeling. At this stage of my writing life, when I am working on my first book, to receive this vote of confidence from such a respected literary establishment as Australian Book Review is incredibly meaningful. Most of all, this encouragement has given me new motivation to focus on my work and continue down this path.'

Madelaine Lucas, 2018 winner

‘My very first publication came from a magazine contest, so I know first hand the opportunities they provide to new writers. I am incredibly grateful to ABR and the judges for choosing my story and helping me to connect with Australian readers.’
Eliza Robertson (Canada), 2017 winner

Winning the Jolley Prize after being overseas for several years was an immensely bolstering welcome back – all the more so for the honour it pays to one of the most influential and tenacious forces in Australian literature.’
Josephine Rowe, 2016 winner

'I am thrilled to be this year's winner of the ABR Elizabeth Jolley Short Story Prize. This important prize encourages all international writers of fiction who want their work to be judged as it should be – on its own merits and strictly anonymously. I am very grateful to Australian Book Review and the judges.'
Rob Magnuson Smith (UK), 2015  Winner

'To win the ABR Elizabeth Jolley Short Story Prize is a delicious honour.'
Gregory Day,  2011 joint winner

Prize money: $12,500

Closed: 1 May 2020, 11:59 pm

Judges: Gregory Day, Josephine Rowe and Ellen van Neerven

Entries are currently open for the 2020 ABR Elizabeth Jolley Short Story Prize, worth a total of AU$12,500. The Jolley Prize is open to all short story writers writing in English. We seek original short stories of between 2,000 and 5,000 words.

First place will receive $6,000, second place will receive $4,000, and third place will receive $2,500.

Click here for more information about past winners and to read their stories

Please read our Frequently Asked Questions before contacting us with queries about the Jolley Prize.

Before entering the Jolley Prize, all entrants must read the Terms and Conditions.
Exclusivity

Entries may be offered elsewhere during the judging of the Jolley Prize. If an entrant is longlisted and has their story offered elsewhere, the entrant will have 24 hours to decide if they wish to withdraw their story on offer elsewhere or from the Jolley Prize. Exclusivity is essential for longlisted stories to remain in contention for shortlisting. The three shortlisted stories will be published in the Fiction issue of the magazine in August or September 2020, with the overall winner to be announced later in the month of publication.
Entry fees

Jolley Prize entry (current ABR subscriber) - $15
Jolley Prize entry (full-time student) - $15
Jolley Prize entry (standard/non subscriber) - $25*
* Non-subscribers will receive a digital subscription to ABR free of charge for four months from entry.
Special online entry + one-year subscription bundles

Subsequent entries may be submitted at the subscriber rate
Jolley Prize entry + digital subscription - $65
Jolley Prize entry + Print subscription (Australia) - $100
Jolley Prize entry + Print subscription (NZ and Asia) - $150
Jolley Prize entry + Print subscription (Rest of World) - $170

To keep up to date with ABR prizes and news, sign up to our newsletters.

ABR gratefully acknowledges Mr Ian Dickson's generous support for the Jolley Prize.
Leave a comment

If you are an ABR subscriber, you will need to sign in to post a comment.

If you have forgotten your sign in details, or if you receive an error message when trying to submit your comment, please email your comment (and the name of the article to which it relates) to ABR Comments. We will review your comment and, subject to approval, we will post it under your name.

Please note that all comments must be approved by ABR and comply with our Terms & Conditions.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Tuesday 19 March 2024, 04:59:26 pm from 54.81.185.66