WIN A YEAR'S SUPPLY OF GROCERIES Thanks To Coles.
We know it's been tough and it's time to give a little something back.
So we're giving you the chance to fill your trolley up on us.
To enter, simply follow the steps below:
Be watching 10 News First from 5:00 Sunday to Thursday for the nightly code word
Enter your details below
For a bonus daily entry watch MasterChef from 7.30 Sunday to Thursday for a second code word. Open 24/05/20 at 19:30 AEST. Closes 05/06/20 at 12:00 AEST. Prize Valued Up To $10,000 AUD. Open to entrants 18+.
A valid code word is required for entry. Limit of 2 entries per day.
Code words may not be available on WIN channels.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the MasterChef” News
Watch and Win Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and above. However, employees and
the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”) and their associated
agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the
prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or
their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Sunday, 24 May 2020 at 19:30 AEST and closes on Friday, 5
June 2020 at 12:00 AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network 10, www.10play.com.au
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Watch 10 News daily (excluding 29/05 and 30/05) on Network 10 at 17:00 AEST to obtain
the daily codeword.
b. Log on to 10play.com.au/win and register their details in order to submit an entry.
Specific details may vary and may include (but not limited to) first name, last name,
codeword, post code, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth, to
become a 10 Play member and submit an entry or via 10daily.com.au/win and
provide their details including (but not limited to) name, address, phone number,
email address, gender, date of birth code word and opt in to 10 Daily to receive
further communications via email.
c. For a daily bonus entry, entrants must watch MasterChef Australia nightly (excluding
29/05 and 30/05) on Network 10 at 19:30 to receive a bonus codeword, enabling them to
submit an additional entry per day.
6. It is free to become a 10 Play member or enter via 10 daily, however, the cost of accessing the
promotional website is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms
and Conditions apply in conjunction with the 10 Members rules.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Entrants who have won a Major Prize in any Network 10 competition in the past 12 months are
not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
MasterChef News Watch and Win Competition Terms and Conditions Page 2 of 6
9. Code words will be announced during the broadcast of 10 News daily, currently scheduled to air
each day at 17:00 AEST, throughout the competition period (excluding 29/05 and 30/05). Bonus
code words will be announced during the broadcast of MasterChef daily, currently scheduled to
air each day at 19:30 AEST, throughout the competition period (excluding 29/05 and 30/05).
Each code word is valid until the next code word is announced. The last code word, announced
on Thursday, 4 June 2020 will be valid until the competition closes on Friday, 5 June 2020 at
10. If for any reason during the Competition Period any 10 News or MasterChef episodes do not go
to air and the promotional code word is not displayed during any 10 News or MasterChef
episode or replacement program, the promotional code word may be made available on the
Network 10, 10 Daily Win Page at 10daily.com.au/win or on the 10 Play Win Page at
10play.com.au/WIN at a time to be determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion.
11. Entries will only be considered valid if the correct code word/s has been provided for the
corresponding broadcast period. Any entry submitted with a code word/s that has expired, due
to a new code word being announced, will be deemed invalid.
12. A limit of one online entry per day per 10 Play member applies. If an entrant obtains the daily
bonus codeword, as stipulated in clause 5c, they will be able to submit one additional bonus
entry per day (for a maximum of two total possible entries per day). One 10 Play membership
per person applies.
13. Entries must be received by Friday, 5 June 2020 at 12:00 AEST to be included in the Prize Draw.
Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered into the
14. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s
database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due
to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
15. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using
their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to
control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Ansible Pty Ltd, will not be
responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this.
Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
17. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits
the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s
participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network 10 or the advertising or
marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever through the world and the Winner will not be
entitled to any fee for such use.
MasterChef News Watch and Win Competition Terms and Conditions Page 3 of 6
18. The Prize Draw will be held on Friday, 5 June 2020 at 15:00 AEDT at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 3, 100
Chalmers Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
19. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in
writing and the Winner’s details will be published on the 10 Daily website at
10daily.com.au/win or the 10 Play website at 10play.com.au/win from Friday, 12 June 2020.
20. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
21. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 3, 100 Chalmers
Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010 on Friday, 11 September 2020 at 14:00 AEST. The unclaimed prize
Winner will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and Winner’s details will be published
on the 10 Daily website at 10daily.com.au/win or the 10 Play website at 10play.com.au from
Monday, 14 September 2020.
22. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner drawn from all entries received (Online). The Major
Prize Winner will win the following prize package:
Number Major Prize Details
at up to
One (1) x
A year’s supply of groceries via Coles gift card. $10,000.00
TOTAL PRIZE VALUED AT UP TO – AUD $10,000.00
23. The total Prize Pool is valued at $10,000.00 (including GST and delivery costs). The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now the ultimate prize redemption
24. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prizes are not included. These are the
responsibility of the Winner.
25. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be
taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not
entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in
conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize Winners are advised that tax
implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial
advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
26. The gift card awarded to the Major Prize Winner must be used in accordance with the terms
and conditions applicable to the voucher as specified byhttps://www.giftcards.com.au/CMS/Page/giftcardtermsofuse
27. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs
associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Winner.
MasterChef News Watch and Win Competition Terms and Conditions Page 4 of 6
28. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State
29. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any damaged, delayed or lost in transit in the
delivery of the prizes.
30. The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding
the Competition result.
31. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of
use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
32. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Winner does not take an element of the prize
at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the
Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
33. Personal information about all prize Winner will be shared with the prize provider, and their
agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winner.
34. If the Major Prize Winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid
entry requirements, the Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner will have no further claim.
A re-draw will be held to award the Prize to a valid entrant.
35. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s
contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify
the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be
directed to the Promoter.
36. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in a
form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
37. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions
to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Prize, and a redraw will take place to
reallocate the Prize to a valid Winner.
38. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all
reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize.
39. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter
reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry
process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
Competition, subject to government legislation.
40. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your circumstances and the validity of
your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will
be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be
MasterChef News Watch and Win Competition Terms and Conditions Page 5 of 6
a Winner, the Winner will be notified in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the
event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the
verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined
by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal
41. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by
the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
42. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government
43. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information
about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information
will be made without prior consent.
44. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including
but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained
in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The
Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the
phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this
Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the
course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or
satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
45. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a
third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd.
Your personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and
Winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of
public statements and advertisements The Promoter will only publish the Winner’s surname,
initial and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to
the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
MasterChef News Watch and Win Competition Terms and Conditions Page 6 of 6
46. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to Network Ten Pty
access personal information that is held by Network Ten Pty Limited about you and seek
correction of such information. See https://www.cbsinteractive.com/legal/cbsi/privacy-
the APPs, or a registered code that is binding on our organisation and how Network Ten Pty
Limited will deal with such complaints. We may disclose your personal information to related
entities and third party service providers outside Australia.
47. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont