At Urban List, we believe small businesses are the lifeblood of our cities and our communities, and with 2020 throwing every curveball in the book to businesses across the nation, we've teamed up with payments and point-of-sale company Square to help lend a helping hand to those who need it most.
Whether you know a small business doing it tough or you're a hard-working business owner in need of a boost, we're here to help. We're giving four small businesses the chance to win:
1 x Urban List Business Listing, amplified across our Facebook and Instagram channels (valued at $5,000)
1 x Urban List Editorial Article, amplified across our Facebook and Instagram channels (valued at $15,000)
Square hardware and/ or software fees including Square Appointments, Team Management, Square Loyalty or Square for restaurants.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in Urban List’s Win A Share Of A $95k Prize Pack From Urban List And Square promotion (“Promotion”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. *See Item 14 for full Prize value.
2. The Promoter is The Urban List Pty Ltd ATF The Urban List Trust (ABN 56 349 266 482).
3. The Promotion is open to all Australian residents aged 18 and over.
4. Employees (and their immediate family and/or those living in the same household) of the Promoter, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and suppliers associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
How to Enter
5. The Promotion period commences at 12:01AM AEST on Tuesday 28 July 2020 and ends at 11:59PM AEST on Tuesday 25 August 2020. (“Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, individuals must complete the entry form and questions during the Promotional Period as hosted on the Promoter’s website, www.theurbanlist.com
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
Determining and Notifying the Winner
8. Selection of the four (4) winners will take place at the Melbourne office of the Promoter, 66-68 Cubitt Street, Cremorne, VIC, 3121 at 2:00pm AEST on Friday 28 August 2020.
9. The Promoter’s panel of judges will determine the winner based on the originality of the entrant’s answer.
10. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winners will be notified via e-mail, on Friday 28 August 2020. The winners must acknowledge acceptance of and claim their Prize by replying to this e-mail with details requested. This must be received by the Promoter no later than 12:00PM AEST Friday 4th
12. If for any reason a winner does not acknowledge, accept and claim their Prize by 12:00PM AEST Friday 4th September 2020. the Prize will be forfeited and another winner selected.
13. The Promoter will have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email or other security settings or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
14. The four (4) winners of the Prize, will each receive an Urban List media package to the value of $22,500 (AUD) which contains one (1) article and one (1) business listing to be written by Urban List (with input from the winner) and then amplified across Urban List’s Facebook and Instagram channels.
The winners will be contacted directly by a representative from Urban List to determine the necessary details. Once confirmed, Urban List will curate the one (1) article and one (1) business listing (per winner) and share prior for one (1) round of feedback.
The four (4) winners of the Prize, will also each receive $1,250 (AUD) from Square to be split between hardware from Square Shop, or redeemed against Square software fees (Square Appointments, Team Management, Square Loyalty or Square for Restaurants).
15. Prize terms and conditions:
● Prize must be redeemed (or notify Urban List of when they plan to redeem the media package) by 31st December 2020.
● Urban List reserves the right to classify the media package as void at its own discretion if not utilised within a timely period.
● Urban List article and business listing must adhere to Urban List brand guidelines and standard lead times to be communicated at time of winner notification.
● This Prize cannot be exchanged for goods or cash, nor can it be sold to any other person, and is non-transferrable. The Prize or any unused portion of a Prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
● All additional meals, beverages, tips or any other extras not stated in the confirmed Prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner.
● If a Prize (or part thereof) is unavailable at the time of the selection of the Prize winner, the Promoter will supply the winner with a similar prize of equivalent value (as determined by the Promoter)
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence).
18. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
19. If a winner of the Prize is under the age of 18 years, the Prize will be forfeited by that entrant, and a redraw will occur.
15. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend or modify a prize. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion without notice.
16. By accepting the prize, the winner and their guests give permission to the Promoter to document their image and use that documentation in promotional campaigns including but not limited to social media, email, editorial, advertorial, website content and additional video platforms.
17. As a condition of entering the Promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
18. As a condition of accepting the Prize, each winner must sign any legal documentation in the form required by the Promoter, and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
19. Entrants agree to have their email address added to the Promoter’s email list.
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
21. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use this information, and disclose this information to third parties, including but not limited to Square AU Pty Ltd (ABN: 38 167 106 176) for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct personal information to the Promoter.