Weíre looking for the most wonderfully wild and wacky books!
Write and illustrate your own little book for a chance to win some great prizes - judged by Andy.
The top 100 entries will WIN!
The top 1-5 entries will win a $1,000 Gift Card, 1,000 books for their school, and a bespoke edition of a Treehouse book with an image of YOU on the cover!
But don't worry, the other top 95 entries will snag up a handy $100 Gift Card and 100 books for their school.
Plus with every entry, Coles will donate a book to the Indigenous Literacy Foundation.
Download and fill in the entry form and email or post in your story. It is optional to use the mini book template in the entry form.
Limit of one entry per person.
Open to Australian residents 3-18 years of age. A signed consent form must be submitted for participants under 18.https://www.coles.com.au/campaign/little-treehouse/create-your-own-book-and-win
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is a game of skill, chance does not form part of selecting the winner.
2. The material used to market and promote the competition forms part of the competition terms. If there is an inconsistency between the material used to market and promote the competition and the competition terms, the competition terms prevail.
3. The Promoter is Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd ABN 45 004 189 708 of 800 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East, VIC 3123, referred to herein as 'Colesí ("Promoter").
Eligibility to enter:
5. During the competition period, you may enter the competition, provided you are:
(a) over 3 years of age; maximum of 18 years of age at time of entry (participants must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter)
(b) a resident of Australia; and
(c) not an employee or immediate family member of the promoter or an agent of the promoter who is connected with the competition.
6. By entering the competition, entrants accept the competition terms.
7. To enter, entrants must:
(a) Download a storybook writing template from coles.com.au/littletreehouse
(b) Create their own story with words and illustrations, using the downloadable template. Ensure an adult completes and signs the consent form thatís included on the downloadable template at coles.com.au/littletreehouse.
(c) Scan the entry and signed consent form, and send it to email@example.com; or send in via mail to Coles Little Treehouse team, L2M12 800 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East, Victoria 3123. Please note, any entries sent in will not be able to be returned.
8. Entrants may only enter the competition once. Only the first entry received by each individual will be judged.
9. Entrants must retain an original copy of the completed storybook entry until the prize has been delivered by the promoter.
10. The promoter may deem as invalid any entry which:
(a) is illegible, incomprehensible, offensive or incomplete; or
(b) includes objectionable, profane, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material
(c) violates our social media policy or any law or code.
11. The promoter may disqualify any entrant who:
(a) enters the competition without being eligible;
(b) tampers with the entry process;
(c) submits an entry that is not in accordance with the competition terms; or
(d) in entering the competition, engages in conduct which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition or the promoter.
12. Failure by the promoter to exercise its rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8 does not constitute a waiver of the promoterís rights under paragraph 7 or paragraph 8.
13. If the entrantís contact details change, the entrant must notify the promoter.
14. Entrants warrant that they own the copyright in any material submitted as part of their entry submitted by them into this Competition, for the purposes of this Competition, that no rights have been granted to any third party in respect of any such entry which would prevent the entry being used as contemplated by this Competition, and that the use by the Promoter of any such entry will not breach any laws or infringe the rights of any person (including without limitation with respect to privacy, intellectual property and defamation).
15. By entering, all entrants license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the material provided as part of their entry (including any portion of their entry) for any purpose, including but not limited to any, future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
16. The promoter will select the winner from the pool of valid entrants at the selection time on the selection date at the selection address.
17. The promoter will select the winner on the basis of creativity, and the quality of content, narrative and illustrations. The promoterís selection is final and binding, subject to the promoterís rights under paragraph 8 or paragraph 9.
18. The promoter will notify the winner within 14 days after the selection date. The promoter will post the winnerís name and city or town on the website within 21 days after the selection date.
19. The promoter may request that the winner or winnerís legal guardian provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency of the winner or winnerís legal guardian to the promoterís reasonable satisfaction before awarding the prize. If the winner does not provide proof of identity, proof of age or proof of residency to the promoterís reasonable satisfaction within 14 days after being selected as a winner, the promoter may forfeit the prize.
20. The winner must accept the prize within 14 days after being selected as the winner. If the winner does not accept the prize within 14 days after being selected as the winner, the promoter may forfeit the prize.
21. The gift card prizes will be sent to the winning entrants within 28 days of prize acceptance.
22. Coles will liaise with the winning entrants on providing the schools their prizes within the 2020 school year.
23. Schools refers to registered early learning centres, primary, or secondary schools in Australia.
24. In consideration of the promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner:
25. consents to the promoter using his or her name, likeness, image, voice and entry in any marketing and promotion of the competition, the promoter or the promoterís business;
26. acknowledges that the entry is the property of the promoter;
27. agrees that the prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. This also includes the prizes for schools.
28. If the prize is unavailable, the promoter may substitute the prize with a substitute prize, provided that the substitute prize is of the same or similar value or specification as the prize.
29. If there is a force majeure event which prevents or materially and adversely affects the promoterís ability to market, promote and run the competition in accordance with the competition terms, the promoter may cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or postpone the competition.
30. The promoter is not liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by entrants and winners in connection with the competition, including:
(a) any late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected entries or prize acceptance, including delays due to technical disruptions or network congestion;
(b) any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the competition;
(c) any technical error, including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line, telephone, mobile or satellite network failure; and
(d) any theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of entries; and
(e) any use of the prize or any tax liability incurred by the winner as a result of accepting the prize.
31. Nothing under paragraph 19 is intended to limit entrantsí or winnersí rights under the Australian Consumer Law 2010.
32. The promoter may choose to communicate the winners via social media following the promotion. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn and Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn is not liable for any loss, expense, damage or liability suffered or incurred by entrants and winners in connection with the competition, including anything detailed in Section
29. Personal information
1. In the competition terms, the following words have the following meanings:
Coles Storybook Writing Competition
Competition period From 00:01am AEST 29 July 2020 to 11:59pm AEST 30 August 2020
Force majeure event
an event which is beyond the control of the promoter, including:
(a) Vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war or terrorism; and
(b) An infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion
Immediate family member
spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child, step-child, parent, step-parent, grand-parent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin
Top 1-5 entries as judged by the Coles team and Andy Griffiths: $1000 Coles Group & Myer Gift Card for the entrant, and 1,000 books for their nominated school library, as chosen by Coles with direction from Pan Macmillan Australia, and a bespoke edition of a Treehouse book.
Top 6-100 entries as judged by the Coles team and Andy Griffiths: $100 Coles Group & Myer Gift Card for the entrant, and 100 books for their nominated school library, as chosen by Coles with direction from Pan Macmillan Australia, and a bespoke edition of a Treehouse book.
Total value of the prize pool is $87,000
Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd
ABN 45 004 189 708
800 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East VIC
Selection time 10:00am AEST
Monday 7th September
Selection address 800 Toorak Road, Hawthorn East VIC.