Qantas Car Insurance is turning 1, and to celebrate we’re giving you the chance to win a share of 5 million Qantas Points.
25 chances to win big:
Grand Prize: 1 million Qantas Points
4 Prizes: 500,000 Qantas Points each
20 Prizes: 100,000 Qantas Points each
How to enter:
Get a Qantas Car Insurance quote by 15 November and you’ll automatically receive 5 entries into the draw. Remember, you must log in with your Qantas Frequent Flyer number to be eligible to enter.
Competition ends 15 November.
One (1) grand prize of 1 million Qantas Points;
Four (4) second-tier prizes of 500,000 Qantas Points each;
Twenty (20) third-tier prizes of 100,000 Qantas Points each.
Winners will be drawn on Monday 23 November 2020, and announced here by Monday 30 November 2020.
Full Promotion Terms and Conditions
(1) Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry in the ‘Win a share of 5 Million Qantas Points Promotion’ (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
(2) The Promotion commences at 12:01am AEST, Monday 12 October 2020 and closes at 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 15 November 2020 (Promotion Period).
(3) The Promotion is a game of chance.
2. Promoter’s Details
(1) The promoter is Qantas Airways Limited (ABN 16 009 661 901) of 10 Bourke Road, Mascot, NSW 2020 (Telephone: 13 11 31) (Promoter). The Promotion is authorised under NSW Permit No. NTP/00323, SA Permit No. T20/1079, ACT Permit No. TP20/01215.
3. Eligibility to enter
(1) Entry into the promotion is open only to Australian residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyer members 18 years of age or older, excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate and registered travel companions of employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (Eligible Entrants).
(2) Qantas Car Insurance is issued by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited ACN 111 586 353 and is arranged by Qantas Airways Limited (Qantas), Authorised Representative (AR No 261363) of Auto & General Services Pty Ltd AFSL 241411, from whom Qantas receives a commission. Further information on Qantas Car Insurance can be found at insurance.qantas.com/car-insurance. This promotion has been prepared without taking into account your individual needs, objectives and financial situation. Before purchasing an insurance product, you should consider if the product is right for you by reading the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG). The offer of any Insurance Product is subject to the risk being in accordance with underwriting criteria.
4. How to Enter into the Promotion
(1) Eligible Entrants will receive the following entries into the Promotion:
(a) five entries into the draw when they obtain a Qantas Car Insurance quote using their Qantas Frequent Flyer number during the Promotion Period (maximum of one entry per vehicle registration number); and/or
(b) ten entries into the draw for every valid Qantas Car Insurance policy that they hold as at 15 November 2020. Policies can be purchased via the Qantas Insurance website or via the call centre; and/or
(c) one entry into the draw when they provide their home insurance renewal month via the provided Qualtrics survey during the Promotion Period (maximum of one entry per Qantas Frequent Flyer number). Entrants must quote both their Qantas Frequent Flyer number and renewal month, and successfully complete the survey for a valid entry.
(2) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
(3) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
(4) An Eligible Entrant who is entered into a Draw will be an “Entrant”.
5. Drawing of entries
(1) The draw (Prize Draw) will take place at 2:00pm on Monday 23 November 2020 at MDSA, Level 17, 40 Mount Street, North Sydney NSW 2060. The draw will be conducted by MDSA (Drawer).
(2) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The Prize
(1) The Promoter is offering Entrants the chance to win one of the following prizes (Prize):
(a) One (1) grand prize of 1 million Qantas Points;
(b) Four (4) second-tier prizes of 500,000 Qantas Points each;
(c) Twenty (20) third-tier prizes of 100,000 Qantas Points each.
(2) The maximum notional total prize pool value is AU$110,721.12, based on a sample of Qantas Frequent Flyer Rewards that could be obtained by redeeming through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The estimate of the maximum notional value of each Prize is provided for information purposes only and will vary depending on whether and how it is redeemed by a Prize Winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the maximum notional value of each Prize. The notional Prize value is in Australian Dollars.
For example, 41,500 Qantas Points could be redeemed for one-way Business Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to Cairns plus AU$46 in applicable taxes, fees and carrier changes, accurate as at 1 August 2020.
The dollar fare for an equivalent commercial flight totals AU$919 including applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges.
As such, in order to get the notional value of the total prize pool of 5,000,000 Qantas Points: 5,000,000 / 41,500 = 120.48 flights. Therefore the maximum notional value of the total prize pool is the equivalent to the commercial flight dollar value of AU$919 x 120.48 flights, for a total value of AU$110,721.12. Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate date on which the prize is taken.
(3) Following on from the above calculation, the maximum notional value of each individual prize is as follows:
(a) One grand prize of 1 million Qantas Points; $22,144.22 (equivalent to 24 of above flights)
(b) Four (4) second-tier prizes of 500,000 Qantas Points; $11,072.11 (equivalent to 12 of above flights)
(c) Twenty (20) third-tier prizes of 100,000 Qantas Points $2,214.42 (equivalent to 2.4 of above flights)
7. Prize winners
(1) The first valid entry drawn will win the grand prize, the following four valid entries will win the second-tier prizes and the following twenty valid entries will win the third-tier prizes (Prize Winners).
(2) Within two (2) business days of the Prize Draw, the Promoter will notify the Prize Winners by:
(a) email, at the email registered with the Promoter;
(b) telephone, at the telephone number registered with the Promoter;
(c) publishing the Prize Winners’ names on the MDSA’s website at https://www.mdsa.com.au/qantas-car-insurance-5-million-points-giveaway
from Wednesday 25 November 2020, for a period of 28 days; and
(d) publishing the Prize Winners’ names in The Australian newspaper on Monday 30 November 2020.
(3) If a Prize Winner:
(a) responds within 3 calendar months, they will have been deemed to have accepted their Prize (Winner’s Acceptance); or
(b) fails to respond within 3 calendar months of the Prize Draw, their Prize will be deemed unclaimed.
(4) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed at 5:00pm on Monday 1 March 2021, a second chance draw will be conducted by the Drawer on Monday 8 March 2021 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. The winner determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email and phone within 2 business days after the draw and their name will be published on https://www.mdsa.com.au/qantas-car-insurance-5-million-points-giveaway
from Monday 15 March 2021 for a period of 28 days and announced in The Australian newspaper on Monday 15 March 2021.
8. Prize Details
(1) Following the relevant Winner’s Acceptance, the Prize will be credited to Prize Winners’ Qantas Frequent Flyer account.
(2) Qantas Points awarded must be redeemed, in accordance with and subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
(3) The redemption of each Prize is subject to the availability of rewards that may be obtained through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program.
(4) In the event that a Prize is redeemed for reward travel, the winners should be aware that the number of reward flight seats available is limited and availability depends on the flight, date, season and destination and some flights may not have any reward seats available. The winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and carrier charges of reward travel or accommodation booked by redeeming their prize. Taxes, fees and carrier charges vary depending on departure points, routes, exchange rates and dates of travel, are subject to change without notice and are quoted at the time of booking. Reward flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). Reward travel is subject to the fare rules and the Conditions of Carriage of the relevant carrier. Compliance with immigration, health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner.