Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Saturday 18 May 2024, 03:03:36 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,523 comps and freebies worth over $41,175,890.10 listed

That's over fourty one million, one hundred and seventy five thousand, eight hundred and ninety dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017326 Total Posts (447159 Searchable Posts) in 299423 Topics by 41504 Members
Latest Member: Kton78
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  WIN 1/5 Clare Bowditch CDs
Entry Details
  • WIN 1/5 Clare Bowditch CDs     Closing Date: Thursday 09 September 2010

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Entertainment 
Prizes may include Movie & Concert Tickets, Prize Packs, Passes, Cds, DVDs ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: WIN 1/5 Clare Bowditch CDs  (Read 957 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
Ceramics
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

« : Saturday 14 August 2010, 08:26:05 am »
Go Up

http://www.beautyandlace.com.au/entertainment/win-it-clare-bowditch-cds

WIN IT: Clare Bowditch CDs

The new album, Modern Day Addiction from Clare Bowditch and the New Slang will be out on 13th August 2010. We have 5 copies to giveaway, but thought we would show you a little snippet of Clare’s quirky personality with this fun little piece she wrote…

A Letter, some Stories and a good dose of Lyrics from Clare Bowditch to You…

Dear You,

I could tell you any number of almost slightly true stories about how this album came to be, but I’ll begin with a selection of my favourites:

I woke up one morning in 2008 still clutching my Casiotone MT-225. It was making a sound: appears the “Disco Function” had been playing all night. The drummer next to me stirred. I said “Listen to this Drummer Boy. Bet you can’t do THIS, can you? Huh?” at which he said “That? I could play that with two spoons!”, which is exactly what he did.
He was good too.

I said “So, if you can play like that, why have you been playing so quietly all these years?” and he said, a little huffy-like, “Because I chose to. And now I choose to do THIS!”, and off he went with the spoons again. Nowadays he just walks around with his spoons the whole time, hitting random stuff, saying “Can your machine do THIS? I don’t THINK so!” And that is how this album came to be.

Or

I woke up one morning and my heart was broken, and all I wanted was a coffee, a muffin, and a tall glass of sherry, even though I was neither hungry, nor thirsty, which prompted the thought “Hmm, how very interesting! Perhaps there’s an album in here somewhere…” and thus began my extensive and exhaustive research project into the topic of “Everyday Addiction and the Human Condition”.

Oh the reading list was endless, I tell you, I’ve barely left the newsagency since! But I survived it, and right here right now, I’d like to thank my friends and family for supporting me through this dark time. And that is how this album came to be.

But mostly what happened was,

I woke up one morning and realised I am a lucky person, because I remember what it feels like to be loved, and I still know how to love, and that’s that.

Clare xo

Want a chance to win a copy?

Reply to this post and tell us something quirky about you. We have 5 to give away. Competition open to Australian and New Zealand residents only. Make sure you leave your correct email address (will not be published) so we can contact you if you are a winner. Expires September 9th 2010. All decisions are final.

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0109 seconds with 8 queries.
Saturday 18 May 2024, 03:03:36 am from 13.58.184.90