Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Monday 29 April 2024, 01:14:27 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,637 comps and freebies worth over $33,732,374.75 listed

That's over thirty three million, seven hundred and thirty two thousand, three hundred and seventy four dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016128 Total Posts (445961 Searchable Posts) in 298303 Topics by 41499 Members
Latest Member: squxiu
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Discussions
| |-Comping Club  Tell us what you have won
| | |-Comping Club  won Fairfax's Competition Devilish Encounter
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: won Fairfax's Competition Devilish Encounter  (Read 2105 times)  (Replies 6 posts)
mummy2ryan

Recent Activity
0%

Libra
Libra

« : Friday 07 January 2011, 01:53:31 pm »
Go Up

OK I won Fairfax's Competition Devilish Encounter YAY for the win,
However I was sure that this was the competition http://compingclub.com/index.php?topic=172489.0
Which had a nice prize pack of  2 x family passes to be won. Prizes and values are as follows: 2 x prize winners will each receive a Family pass Kids Gift Pack. Prize packs gifts, including books, mobile handsets, DVDs, CDs, arts and craft, games and puzzles (please note packs may vary slightly) valued at $500.00each – Total prize pool value: $1,000.00 GST inclusive

But all that is included in the envelope recieved is a letter that states
Congratulations recently you entered the devilish encounter readers competition in your local fairfax community newspaper. I am pleased to tell you that you are one of the lucky winners!!!
Please find enclosed the devilish encounter family pass

and also a gift certificiate which reads
Devish encounter at the australian reptile park
Congratulations youh ave won a devilish encounter the australian reptile parks brand new behind the scences tour with the Tasmania devil. Get up close to our fasinating Tasmanian icons, leanr about their posible extinction, how we're helping to save the devil, interact with joeys and play tug-of-war with a devil
For 2 adults and 2 children
Vaild Wed 19th Jan 2011
Confirm by calling the australian reptile park

So im confused on what ive actually won. DO i need to still pay entry into the reptile park? Can someone please help me as im confused about what comp i won and what my actual prize is
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

2013 .... A new year .... A new beginning   ~ for comping ~
sylph
The Dancing Pixie
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

Libra
Libra

« Reply #1 : Friday 07 January 2011, 02:01:56 pm »
Go Up

Is there a phone number on the letter you've received?  It might be best to give them a call and sort it out. Smile  Good luck, and congrats on your win. cheers

The trouble with people lying to you because they think you're stupid, is that they're stupid enough to think you're that stupid in the first place.
h0pez
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Virgo
Virgo

Blessed be xx

« Reply #2 : Friday 07 January 2011, 02:19:01 pm »
Go Up

I just found this one....which one did you enter?

1.These conditions of entry relate to ‘Australian Reptile Park Devilish Encounter’ reader competition organised by Fairfax Community Newspapers ABN 77 000 310 654 of 1 Worth Street, Chullora
2.By entering the competition, entrants shall be deemed to agree with these conditions of entry.
3.Entry is open to all NSW residents except all employees and the immediate families of Fairfax Community Newspapers and all their associated advertising agencies, who are ineligible to enter.
4.The Competition commences in Hills News, Rouse Hill Stanhope Garden News and Blacktown Sun on 7th December 2010 at 0.01 (EST) and concludes on 14th December 2010 at 17:00 (EST) or with last mail received.
5.Participants must provide the following details on the back of an envelope: their name, address, telephone number and newspaper from which they are entering and tell us in 25 words or less why you deserve to win! Entries should be sent to: WIN – Devilish Encounter Passes, C/- FCN Marketing Dept, 1 Worth Street, Chullora 2190
6.The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. There are 2 x family passes to be won. Prizes and values are as follows: 2 x prize winners will each receive a Family pass valued at $500.00each – Total prize pool value: $1,000.00 GST inclusive
7.The winners will be judged at 10.00 (EST) on 16th December 2010. The selection will take place at Fairfax Community Newspapers, 1 Worth Street, Chullora, NSW 2190. If the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.

mummy2ryan

Recent Activity
0%

Libra
Libra

« Reply #3 : Friday 07 January 2011, 02:32:11 pm »
Go Up

Theres no phone number unfortunately but theres an email so I've sent them an email asking them to clear it up for me.
Yes Hopez that sounds like the one. Did you find that on ACC or on 'the sauce' website? Maybe whoever posted it on ACC got the terms and conditions a little muddled up. Which is understandable. The terms and conditions you found are very similar except for number 6. theT&Cs on ACC say 6.The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. There are 2 x family passes to be won. Prizes and values are as follows: 2 x prize winners will each receive a Family pass Kids Gift Pack. Prize packs gifts, including books, mobile handsets, DVDs, CDs, arts and craft, games and puzzles (please note packs may vary slightly) valued at $500.00each – Total prize pool value: $1,000.00 GST inclusive
Either way Im happy with the win, just wish I knew what I actually won LOL

h0pez
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Virgo
Virgo

Blessed be xx

« Reply #4 : Friday 07 January 2011, 02:37:15 pm »
Go Up

yup - found it on The Sauce Smile

http://www.thesauce.info/2010/12/06/australian-reptile-park-devilish-encounter-reader-competition-hills-news-rouse-hill-stanhope-garden-news-and-blacktown-sun/

mummy2ryan

Recent Activity
0%

Libra
Libra

« Reply #5 : Friday 07 January 2011, 02:45:26 pm »
Go Up

thanks heaps. I've sent off an email so all I can do is wait for a reply. I just didnt want to sound ungreatful

mummy2ryan

Recent Activity
0%

Libra
Libra

« Reply #6 : Friday 07 January 2011, 04:29:11 pm »
Go Up

ok just heard back and I've been told admission is included in the prize even tho it isn't stated. However in regards to the T&Cs number 6, she told me that two comp T&Cs has accidently merged but had been fixed up before the comp ended therefor I am not entitled to that prize as it was a mis - print.
Judging by the T&C's do you think I'd be allowed to sell this prize as I would only be able to use half of it for my son and me??? There is no name on the gift certificate

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0156 seconds with 10 queries.
Monday 29 April 2024, 01:14:27 pm from 18.216.124.8