Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Tuesday 07 May 2024, 09:31:25 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,528 comps and freebies worth over $34,091,608.20 listed

That's over thirty four million, ninety one thousand, six hundred and eight dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016646 Total Posts (446479 Searchable Posts) in 298786 Topics by 41500 Members
Latest Member: Ashcatchem
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Stack November quiz

Prizes you can win
 Category  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 Next Last  All
Print
Author Topic: Stack November quiz  (Read 4354 times)  (Replies 24 posts)
grizzly1
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #10 : Monday 07 November 2011, 12:09:21 am »
Go Up

I agree with Marcoz 10. is Definitely Singin In The Rain

Check out the picture here:

http://www.pophistorydig.com/?tag=cyd-charisse-and-%E2%80%9Csingin%E2%80%99-in-the-rain%E2%80%9D

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Biggest win holiday to Miami, Florida for 2 in 2013!!

I love My Rottweiller
Darth.Vader

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #11 : Monday 07 November 2011, 01:24:11 am »
Go Up

I agree with Marcoz 10. is Definitely Singin In The Rain

Check out the picture here:

http://www.pophistorydig.com/?tag=cyd-charisse-and-%E2%80%9Csingin%E2%80%99-in-the-rain%E2%80%9D
But even the article accompanying the text says
" In another dance sequence with Kelly in Singin’ in the Rain, Charisse is cast at the other extreme of her flapper bad girl – as the elusive ideal dressed in white.  She and Kelly then danced a scene in which Charisse stunned critics and audiences by including a long, 25-foot Chinese silk scarf in the dance that floated in the air with the aid of a wind machine.
If you watch the whole sequence, the floating fabric is attached to Cyd Charisse's shoulder and is tugged with sufficient force by Gene Kelly to dislodge a head-piece or veil. Is there another film with a long floating veil?

Darth.Vader

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #12 : Thursday 10 November 2011, 12:12:58 pm »
Go Up

2} What's the role link : Glenn Ford, Shirley Maclaine, Sandy Dennis, Jennifer Jones, Sidney Poitier, Bette Davis.

They've all won Golden Glode Awards.

I'm not sure if this is what they mean? My source is googling each name and "golden globe wiki". You'll find each has won a Golden Globe.
no, Sandy Dennis was only nominated for a Golden Globe (She did win an Oscar though). It must be something else...

marcoz

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #13 : Thursday 10 November 2011, 04:07:21 pm »
Go Up

Darth,

What's the role link : Glenn Ford, Shirley Maclaine, Sandy Dennis, Jennifer Jones, Sidney Poitier, Bette Davis.

"They were all nominated for Golden Globes" ???????

marcoz

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #14 : Thursday 10 November 2011, 04:14:50 pm »
Go Up

I have no idea if it is right but:

The movie Singin' In the Rain is such a wonderful experience it .... Dali-inspired set, Charisse in a white outfit with a fifty-foot white veil that ...

Regarded by many as the finest movie musical, Singin' in the Rain is a ... a guest appearance by Cyd Charisse with a 25-foot long white silk veil - gorgeous. ...

Singing in the Rain is a great ....for the artistic control that allowed Kelly to keep the "crazy veil" number in the picture. ...

Singin' in the Rain, 1952, directed by ... an enormous fifty-foot veil of white China silk attached to Cyd Charisse's costume.

Singin in the Rain. ... We rehearsed the Salvador Daliesque 'Crazy Veil' sequence until my shoulders were chapped

The beautiful, long-limbed Cyd Charisse ... is seen as a warm and inviting vision, her long white veil blowing in the wind.

grumpyswife

Recent Activity
0%

Aquarius
Aquarius

« Reply #15 : Thursday 10 November 2011, 04:23:06 pm »
Go Up

Darth,

What's the role link : Glenn Ford, Shirley Maclaine, Sandy Dennis, Jennifer Jones, Sidney Poitier, Bette Davis.

The only role/s I can remember theem having in movies was a religious one..ie..they played a priest/Nun..etc etc...however still trying to find one with Bette Davis in it??? there must be one??...surely????..

"Luck affects everything; let your hook always be cast. In the stream where you least expect it, there will be fish." ..........Ovid (43BC-17AD) Roman poet
Darth.Vader

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #16 : Friday 11 November 2011, 09:04:26 am »
Go Up

I'll pay "Singin' in the Rain" for Q10, partly because I can't find anything else that remotely fits. While Rita Hayworth dances with seven veils in "Salome" and Jessica Lange has a veil as the Angel of Death in "All That Jazz", neither of their veils are "extremely long" or "appear to float" in the same way that Cyd Charisse's does. Dance nomenclature seems to call any fabric used to drape or conceal the figure as veils
[there is a] large repertoire of ways to wear and hold the veil, framing the body and accentuating movements. Dancing veils can be as small as a scarf or two, silk veils mounted on fans, a half circle, three-quarter circle, full circle, a rectangle up to four feet long, and as large as huge Isis wings with sticks for extensions. There is also a giant canopy type veil used by a group of dancers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veil
Funny how the length of Cyd Charisse's veil varies between twenty-five and fifty feet. At least everybody agrees that it was white silk...
Behind the Camera on SINGIN' IN THE RAIN

For the dream segment within the "Broadway Ballet" sequence, Gene Kelly choreographed a scarf dance, using an enormous fifty-foot veil of white China silk attached to Cyd Charisse's costume. A strong wind was created using airplane motors but Cyd Charisse could hardly stay on her feet because of the pressure of the wind.

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/418/Singin-in-the-Rain/articles.html

Darth.Vader

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #17 : Saturday 12 November 2011, 04:10:50 pm »
Go Up

They've finally announced winners for August, September and October -congratulations to all concerned (envy, envy... ).

Darth.Vader

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #18 : Thursday 24 November 2011, 11:35:56 pm »
Go Up

Darth,

The only role/s I can remember theem having in movies was a religious one..ie..they played a priest/Nun..etc etc...however still trying to find one with Bette Davis in it??? there must be one??...surely????..
Bette Davis was cast as a Nun in "The Miracle" (see Louella Parson's column here http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1917&dat=19380602&id=3YUuAAAAIBAJ&sjid=134FAAAAIBAJ&pg=970,4058782 ) but apparently the film was never released. Publicity stills from the film showing Bette Davis dressed as a nun have appeared however... http://stills-stills-stills.tumblr.com/post/956255700/bette-davis-in-costume-as-a-nun-for-a-film-that
So it seems that strikes out this option as well  Sad Still looking...

RiseNoMore
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

Love Before Attitude

« Reply #19 : Sunday 27 November 2011, 10:16:06 am »
Go Up

AFRAID TO TALK apparently has a bellboy hero:

http://mikegrost.com/cahn.htm

I'm not sure you can call him a hero since he ends up getting framed for the murder.

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 Next Last  All   Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0203 seconds with 12 queries.
Tuesday 07 May 2024, 09:31:25 am from 18.222.240.21