Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 17 May 2024, 08:25:56 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,555 comps and freebies worth over $34,515,456.15 listed

That's over thirty four million, five hundred and fifteen thousand, four hundred and fifty six dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017288 Total Posts (447121 Searchable Posts) in 299386 Topics by 41504 Members
Latest Member: Kton78
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  WIN 1/85 Bicycles - Follow the clues, locate the bike, unlock it
Entry Details
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Friday 02 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Saturday 03 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Sunday 04 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Monday 05 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Tuesday 06 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Wednesday 07 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Thursday 08 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Friday 09 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Saturday 10 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Sunday 11 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Monday 12 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Tuesday 13 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Wednesday 14 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Thursday 15 December 2011
  • WIN 1/85 Bikes - VIRGIN - Clue     Closing Date: Friday 16 December 2011

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Sport & Recreation 
Prizes may include Sports Equipment, Gym memberships, Skydiving etc ...
 Win great prizes at the Compingclub

COMP
MARK

$79,575.00  
Pages: 1 2 Next Last All
Print
Author Topic: WIN 1/85 Bicycles - Follow the clues, locate the bike, unlock it  (Read 3513 times)  (Replies 11 posts)
JRN

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« : Monday 28 November 2011, 10:28:58 am »
Go Up

http://fairride.com.au/

‘A Fair Ride For All’ Competition – Terms & Conditions
1. Individuals acknowledge that at the time of participating, some or all of the Prizes as detailed below may have
already been won.
2. This competition (“Competition”) is conducted Virgin Mobile (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 67 092 726 442) of
Level 8, 213 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060. Phone: 02 9028 0173.
3. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. All entry instructions and
prize information published by the Promoter form part of these Terms & Conditions.
4. The Competition is only open to “Eligible Entrants”. An Eligible Entrant is an individual who is a resident of
Australia aged 16 years or older as at time of entry, excluding any:

a) employee of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies, printers, suppliers,
providers or participating retailers who are associated with the Competition;
b) spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of an excluded
employee; and
c) person who the Promoter has previously notified is not permitted to enter the Promoter’s competitions.
5. The Competition commences at 09:00 hrs Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on 28 November 2011
and closes 15:00 hrs AEDT on 16 December 2011 (“Promotional Period”).

6. In order to enter and participate in the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must first sign up to become a
member of Facebook. To become a member of Facebook the Eligible Entrant must visit www.facebook.com
and in accordance with the Facebook’s directions, correctly sign up to the Facebook. A Social Network’s
terms of use will apply to the Eligible Entrant’s social network membership. At the time of signing up, the
Eligible Entrant will be required to create their own Facebook profile.
7. If an Eligible Entrant uses WAP and/or mobile Internet to participate in the Competition: the Eligible Entrant
must be identified as having a clear relationship with the end mobile device and have the bill payer’s consent
to use WAP or mobile Internet to participate in the Competition. Accessing mobile content including webbased
content may incur data charges. An Eligible Entrant will need to refer to the terms of their carrier
contracts for details and costs as costs vary from plan to plan. The charges for all data services will appear on
the Eligible Entrant’s next mobile phone bill. All general queries relating to mobile bills should be directed to
the Eligible Entrant’s mobile phone carrier.
8. Once the Eligible Entrant has signed up and created a Facebook profile, the Eligible Entrant will be required
to visit http://www.afairride.com.au and follow the prompts to ‘Like’ at least one (1) bike during the
Promotional Period.
9. During the Promotional Period, the Promoter will conduct Eighty-Five (85) challenges (“Challenges”), and
offer Eligible Entrants the chance to win one of the total Eighty-Five (85) bicycles. (1) bicycle valued at up to
$1000.00 There will to a total of Eighty-Five (85) Prizes awarded in this Competition.
The time, at which the
Challenges will be conducted, during the Promotional Period, will be as notified to Eligible Entrants as
determined by the Promoter in its absolute sole discretion. The aim of each Challenge is for the Eligible
Entrant to be the first (1st) Eligible Entrant to locate the bicycle at the relevant location and unlock the chain
with the code provided in the Facebook clue messages from that day in order to win the Prize.

10. During each Challenge, “Virgin Mobile Australia” may communicate clue messages with Eligible Entrants, via
Facebook. The number of clue messages will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute sole discretion.
In order to receive the clue messages of the bicycle’s location for a particular Challenge via Facebook, the
Eligible Entrant must like at ‘Like’ at least one (1) bike of the total Eighty-Five (85
11. In order to win a bicycle for a particular Challenge, the Eligible Entrant must, within one hundred and eighty
(180) minutes after the time at which the relevant “A Fair Ride For All” clue message is posted by “Virgin
Mobile Australia”, be the first (1st) Eligible Entrant to:
a) Visit the relevant location detailed in the “A Fair Ride For All” location clue (“Location”);
b) Unlock the bicycle chain with the code provided by the “Virgin Mobile Australia” Facebook updates; and
c) Be confirmed as eligible to be awarded a Prize by representatives of the Promoter.

12. Representatives of the Promoter will, prior to awarding a Prize, in their absolute sole discretion, determine
whether an Eligible Entrant who unlocks the bicycle chain for the relevant Challenge is eligible, by:
a) confirming the Eligible Entrant only unlocked the bicycle after the ‘A Fair Ride for All’ “Virgin Mobile
Australia” Clue message had gone out for that particular Challenge;
b) determining whether the Eligible Entrant has complied with these Terms & Conditions, including the
Eligible Entrant’s compliance with Clause 11; and
c) confirming that the Eligible Entrant agrees to the Promoter’s promotional requirements as set out in
Clause 14.
13. An Eligible Entrant who does not comply with the requirements of Clause12 (a), (b) and (c) they will be
deemed ineligible to win a Prize. If an Eligible Entrant is deemed ineligible to win a Prize, representatives of
the Promoter will conduct the same process detailed above in Clause 12 with the next Eligible Entrant who
completes the steps in Clause 11, to determine if that Eligible Entrant is eligible to be awarded a Prize.
14. In order to accept a Prize an Eligible Entrant agrees that Representatives of the Promoter can take their
photograph and/or video, and that the Promoter may use their name, likeness, image and/or voice, including
any photograph, film and/or recording of them or any part thereof, (“Content”) in any media without
geographical or time limitation, without further notice, reference or remuneration for the purpose of
promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter's products. In order to accept a
Prize, an Eligible Entrant agrees that all rights, title, and interest, including copyright, in the Content will
become the property of the Promoter upon creation. The Eligible Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a
winner, the Eligible Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the
Competition as requested by the Promoter.
15. At all times while participating in the Competition, including during any Challenge, Eligible Entrants must not
act in a way that the Promoter or its representatives reasonably determine is contrary to community
standards, violent, or in a way that could cause injury or harm to other individuals or otherwise compromise
the integrity of the Competition. Eligible Entrants who do not comply with this requirement, as determined
by the Promoter or its representatives in their sole discretion, will be disqualified and will be not be eligible
to win a Prize.
16. If representatives of the Promoter confirm that an Eligible Entrant is eligible to receive a Prize,
representatives of the Promoter will record the Eligible Entrant’s details and hand over the Prize on the spot.
17. If no Eligible Entrant is able to make a valid claim for a Prize for a particular Challenge within the one hundred
and eighty (180) minute period following the “A Fair Ride For All” final clue message, the Promoter reserves
the right, in its sole discretion, to award the Prize for that particular Challenge in the next Challenge, if any,
to previous Challenge winners or Eligible Entrants.
18. Total Prize pool value is up to $79,575
19. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
20. It is a condition of accepting a Prize that a Prize winner must comply with all the conditions of use of a Prize
and any Prize supplier requirements.
21. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way or
cannot be conducted in accordance with how the Promoter originally intended, due to reasons beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God,
civil unrest, strikes, dangerous conditions, computer bugs or viruses, tampering, technical failures, or any
technical issues with any third party platform, including a Social Network and mobile communication
platforms), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the
Competition, or invalidate any individual from participating in the Competition.
22. Without limiting any other provision within these Conditions, the Promoter may, in its absolute sole
discretion, call off or alter any Challenge or revise the ‘A Fair Ride For All’ Location, at any stage, including
after the Challenge has started, if the Promoter determines that it may be dangerous or injury could result
from proceeding with the original Challenge.
23. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any technical or electrical issues that may arise in connection
with the Competition, including with any third party platform such as on Social Networks; (ii) any incorrect
or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition;
(iii) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their
receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (iv) any
variation in Prize value to that stated in these conditions; (v) if the Competition is cancelled, terminated,
modified or suspended; and (vi) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Eligible Entrant. Individuals should
obtain independent tax and financial advice. The Promoter does not guarantee that a Social Network service
will be available at all times during the Promotional Period or that the Eligible Entrant will be able to access
or use a Social Network service during the Promotional Period, and the Promoter will not be held
responsible in this regard. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE
INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COMPETITION OR TO OTHERWISE
UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A
VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK
DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH
ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE,
INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
24. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and all those
entities' personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury,
cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or
Prizes, including: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a
Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. It is a condition of accepting a Prize in the “A Fair
Ride For All” Competition that any winner signs a participation agreement in a form determined by the
Promoter.
25. The Promoter reserves the right, at any stage, to verify the validity of Eligible Entrants (including name, age
and place of residence) and disqualify any Eligible Entrant who does not participate in accordance with these
conditions or tampers with the entry process. Errors or omission will be accepted in the Promoter’s
absolute discretion. Failure to enforce any rights of the Promoter at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
those rights.
26. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Twitter. Eligible
Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Any
questions, comments or complaints about this Competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to
Facebook or Twitter.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

JRN

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« Reply #1 : Monday 28 November 2011, 01:44:55 pm »
Go Up

Brisbane one for today has gone I arrived as the winner unlocked it

suzieblonde
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #2 : Monday 28 November 2011, 02:01:18 pm »
Go Up

You lucky sun of a gun!!!!!!!! Smile  Smile

ross
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #3 : Monday 28 November 2011, 02:22:12 pm »
Go Up

Spent two hours riding around St Kilda and still didn't find it. I even picked that it would be Luna Park (confirmed by the photo at 1pm) but still no luck. Oh well - always tomorrow.

UPDATE: Well that wouldn't have helped me anyway as the bike was a good 500 metres away from Luna Park - not too sure why they put that as a clue then.

JRN

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« Reply #4 : Monday 28 November 2011, 02:23:35 pm »
Go Up

You lucky sun of a gun!!!!!!!! Smile  Smile

No unfortunately I DIDN'T win!!  I knew where to expect it and as I came around the corner saw the person who did win it unlocking it!

I shall try again tomorrow, which is for a better bike!

amo_1996
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #5 : Friday 02 December 2011, 11:21:42 pm »
Go Up

I like the idea but I don't have the time to spend scouring the city trying to find a bike.

Buzz3

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #6 : Tuesday 06 December 2011, 05:14:49 pm »
Go Up

Great idea for a comp,but if you don't live in the city it makes it tough

2024:$292 The latest being a DVD called Elevator Game from Walkden Entertainment Thanks for the post culturebird
jodestar69
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Virgo
Virgo

« Reply #7 : Saturday 10 December 2011, 08:55:05 am »
Go Up

It was on my local radio station saying there would be one in my area on Dec 13th and I'm on the Central Coast so I'm guessing it goes to some areas other than the city

Addicted to ACC

I love winning, big or small, hey, I even love freebies!
jodestar69
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Virgo
Virgo

« Reply #8 : Saturday 10 December 2011, 08:58:33 am »
Go Up

hmmm when I just clicked on it it, it showed the darlinghurst area, certainly not anywhere near me

Addicted to ACC

purplesp8y
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Sagittarius
Sagittarius

« Reply #9 : Saturday 10 December 2011, 09:06:37 am »
Go Up

hmmm when I just clicked on it it, it showed the darlinghurst area, certainly not anywhere near me

I heard on SeaFm that it was going to be Wednesday for the Central Coast?

jodestar69
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Virgo
Virgo

« Reply #10 : Sunday 11 December 2011, 06:03:27 pm »
Go Up

thats what I heard too purplespy, will have to listen out again I suppose

Addicted to ACC

stralya

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #11 : Monday 12 December 2011, 05:05:52 pm »
Go Up

According to one of my work mates who headed down to Chatswood for today's bike, things got a bit rough and the 'winner' knocked down a few people (including a couple of women) to rush in to claim the bike.

Pages: 1 2 Next Last All   Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0391 seconds with 13 queries.
Friday 17 May 2024, 08:25:56 am from 3.138.117.25