Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Tuesday 28 May 2024, 11:36:34 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,573 comps and freebies worth over $32,691,201.73 listed

That's over thirty two million, six hundred and ninety one thousand, two hundred and one dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017743 Total Posts (447576 Searchable Posts) in 299820 Topics by 41506 Members
Latest Member: VronniePantz
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Discussions
| |-Comping Club  Tell us what you have won
| | |-Comping Club  OMG... OMG... OMG...
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Next Last
Print
Author Topic: OMG... OMG... OMG...  (Read 9685 times)  (Replies 65 posts)
laurenic33
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #40 : Friday 23 December 2011, 09:41:38 pm »
Go Up

Exactly what I've done mustang_sally08! & I certainly won't be defending myself or getting into any debates on FB. Squarz are aware of the posts, and will end up removing them eventually, but I'll leave it in their capable hands to deal with the fallout. They said this happens everytime a competition is run, and I am sure it does! Sore losers are common unfortunately.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

jennih

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #41 : Friday 23 December 2011, 10:07:07 pm »
Go Up

There will always be people that think their answer is better, but my answer to this is, obviously the judges didnt  think so. Go and enjoy, its you that will be laughing all the way to whatever square you choose. 

zjen

Recent Activity
0%

Capricorn
Capricorn

« Reply #42 : Friday 23 December 2011, 10:07:38 pm »
Go Up

Thanks so much everyone! It's great to have fellow compers on here who are friendly and genuinely happy for another person's win! Unfortunately this has not been the case on Facebook... A few sore losers have come out of the woodwork on Squarz Facebook page accusing and insisting that I 'bought likes' to win the competition and that I shouldn't have won. Firstly the competition wasn't judged solely on likes, and although I had heaps of likes by the end, I didn't have the most anyway. Secondly I didn't even know you could buy likes until reading those nasty posts!!! It's very sad and pathetic that when people don't win something, they have to try and shoot others down. I have been entering competitions for years, and i've lost countless times, but I always lose graciously. Shame, but oh well!

Congrats on your win! I had a look at the Facebook page just now and clicked through to the profile of the person who commented rudely with 'wtf'. I'm certain it's a fake profile.

aussiedudette

Recent Activity
0%

Virgo
Virgo

Coco showing off his full belly!

« Reply #43 : Friday 23 December 2011, 10:10:17 pm »
Go Up

Congratulations, have a wonderful time.

Would love you to vote for my pussy cat

http://whiskas.com.au/CatProfile.aspx?id=45545
laurenic33
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #44 : Friday 23 December 2011, 10:11:58 pm »
Go Up

Thanks Jennih,zjen & aussiedudette!

@zjen i'm sure it's fake too. the guy that commented rudely also has a fake looking profile, and if you go on both of theirs, you can see that they also wrote on Squarz wall (but doesn't show up on there, so must have auto redirected to hidden posts because looks like spam!). Read what they wrote. They're quite nasty. I am just curious how the girl knows that 'laurenic33' is my alias as that is what I use on all the forums I am part of....

yasimum

Recent Activity
0%

Libra
Libra

« Reply #45 : Friday 23 December 2011, 10:17:54 pm »
Go Up

Congratulations Lauren!  Don't worry about the naysayers, I have had that happen three times with FB comps.  Makes you feel horrible but they are just pathetic.  Enjoy Venice!

zjen

Recent Activity
0%

Capricorn
Capricorn

« Reply #46 : Friday 23 December 2011, 10:20:51 pm »
Go Up

I agree Lauren. Hope it doesn't take the shine off your win, especially at this time of year.
It would seem the person/people behind those fake profiles might also be a member of one of the forums you belong to. For example, you post your win, I can see your full name on Facebook and your user ID here so can put the two together.
Imagine going to the bother of creating fake Facebook profiles to enter competitions (and accuse others of being dodgy). What a way to live.
Enjoy planning your trip!

laurenic33
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #47 : Friday 23 December 2011, 10:26:02 pm »
Go Up

Thanks yasimum!

@zjen To be honest it has really ruffled my feathers and stressed me out a bit because I worked so hard to get as many ppl to 'like' my review as I could, and promoted my entry constantly for almost 2 weeks. I think my win was earnt, and besides that fact even if my post had reached the most likes, if the judges didn't like the content of my entry, I don't believe I would have won. Good point re the fake profile owner/s possibly being a member of the same forum as me. I guess you can also Google almost anyone nowadays too! Since I enter so many competitions there's bound to be a link between my forum screen names/alias & real name somewhere on the internet. Thanks so much!

PuraVida
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Virgo
Virgo

« Reply #48 : Friday 23 December 2011, 10:49:50 pm »
Go Up

Congrats on the win. Dont worry about the nasty people. They will get bad karma and not win anything anymore and you have a holiday!!! HA HA!!! (will that give me bad karma!!!???)
Saying nothing will annoy them even more!

2011: Coffee machine, VIP moonight cinema tix, QLD accom diving and massage package, Rugby Shirt, Movie tix 4x, soccer ball, cadbury chocolate
2010: $25,000 Car&Sydney tripMTV
2009: $4019
2008: $184
laurenic33
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #49 : Friday 23 December 2011, 10:52:16 pm »
Go Up

Haha thanks PuraVida you're so right! & nah I think you'll escape the bad karma because you're just being honest and not wishing bad upon anyone lol  Very Happy

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Next Last   Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0172 seconds with 12 queries.
Tuesday 28 May 2024, 11:36:34 pm from 3.144.254.241