Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Tuesday 21 May 2024, 03:27:02 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,539 comps and freebies worth over $188,056,673.47 listed

That's over one hundred and eighty eight million, fifty six thousand, six hundred and seventy three dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017430 Total Posts (447263 Searchable Posts) in 299526 Topics by 41505 Members
Latest Member: Snazzledazzle
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win 1/2 Black Rapid Sling Camera Strap RS-W1 and RS-4/Comment
Entry Details
  • Win Rapid Sling Camera Strap     Closing Date: Friday 13 January 2012

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Electronics & Technology 
Prizes may include Computers, Game Consoles, Phone, TV, Stereo etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win 1/2 Black Rapid Sling Camera Strap RS-W1 and RS-4/Comment  (Read 420 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Thursday 12 January 2012, 05:00:59 am »
Go Up

http://gourmandeinthekitchen.com/2012/black-rapid-camera-strap-review-giveaway/

Black Rapid Sling Camera Strap RS-W1 and RS-4 Review and Giveaway (International)

Do you know what the worst piece of equipment you have in your camera bag is?  I’m fairly convinced it’s the strap that comes with your camera.

Have you ever noticed how incredibly uncomfortable it is to walk around with a camera hanging from your neck?  Not only does it rub against the back of your neck but it flops against your chest and swings precariously close to the nearest object when you bend over.

I cringe just remembering the time my camera strap had come loose on one side and I watched helplessly as my camera plummeted towards the concrete.  Suffice it to say I was not happy with traditional camera straps and had altogether given up on using them until I found Black Rapid.

The line of Black Rapid camera straps was born out of the same frustrations of Seattle photographer Ron Henry who wanted to find a better way to carry a camera.

The idea behind the Black Rapid Strap is simple; your camera hangs upside down at your hip, ready to slide up to shoot at a moment’s notice. Yes upside-down.

Here’s how it works: the strap goes over your shoulder and crosses the body messenger style.  You adjust the length to your body and clip the “stops” into place to control where the camera sits when it’s on the strap so that it’s always right where you need it.

A unique feature is the way the strap attaches to your camera.  Unlike traditional camera straps which are looped in at each side the Black Rapid Straps are attached by a locking carabiner which screws into the tripod socket at the bottom of the camera or your lens.  I was a little nervous at first to be dangling my camera equipment upside-down but it proved to be strong and very secure.

I tested both the classic RS-4 and the RS-W1 which is designed for women.  The RS-W1 for women is a little longer than the classic strap and has a strategically placed curve at the front to fit a woman’s chest.  It’s also narrower and has a discrete floral pattern on the fabric.  Both of these camera straps are comfortable and practical and I really enjoyed using them.

Since I loved these straps so much, I am very excited that Black Rapid has offered to send two lucky Gourmande in the Kitchen readers their very own Black Rapid Camera straps!  I have one RS-4 “Classic” (ARV $53.95 ) and one RS-W1 “Women’s” (ARV $58.95) to giveaway.

And guess what?………. This giveaway is open internationally!!

HOW TO ENTER:

Required Entry: For a chance to win leave a comment here, whatever you’d like.  For example, tell me which Black Rapid strap you would want?  Or what your favorite camera gear is.

The required entry must be done otherwise any extra entries will not count.

WANT MORE CHANCES TO WIN?

Extra Entries:

1.  Follow @gourmandeinthek on Twitter.*

2.  Tweet the following : Enter to #win two @BlackRapid camera straps (ARV$113) from @gourmandeinthek http://bit.ly/wP3ugd #giveaway #cameragear #photography

3.  “Like” Gourmande in the Kitchen on Facebook.*

4.  Follow @BlackRapid on Twitter.

5.  “Like” Black Rapid on Facebook.

6.  Subscribe to Gourmande in the Kitchen updates by email, or subscribe to my RSS feed.*

PLEASE REMEMBER: Leave a separate comment for EACH of your entries or only one entry will be counted.

*If you already follow me on Twitter and Facebook and/or already subscribe to Gourmande in the Kitchen let me know as well, since this counts as an entry.
 Giveaway starts on 1/5/2012 and will run until 1/13/2012 at 11:59 pm PST.

I’m linking this giveaway up to:  Contest Girl and The Blog Giveaway Directory

Official Rules:

To enter leave a comment.

Two winners with a valid entry will be selected at random. I will email the winners and they will have up to 3 days to claim their prize or another winner will be selected.

One winner will be selected at random to receive a RS-W1 (women’s camera strap) and one winner will be selected at random to winner a RS-4 (classic camera strap).

The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.

Sponsors are as follows: Black Rapid, http://www.blackrapid.com/

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, VOID WHERE PROHIBITED

Disclaimer:  I was provided with the camera straps for the purpose of doing a review and giveaway.  I received no additional compensation.  All opinions are my own.

*All images above are courtesy of Black Rapid.

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0453 seconds with 8 queries.
Tuesday 21 May 2024, 03:27:02 am from 3.142.164.120