Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Thursday 16 May 2024, 06:17:55 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,545 comps and freebies worth over $34,506,835.38 listed

That's over thirty four million, five hundred and six thousand, eight hundred and thirty five dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017235 Total Posts (447068 Searchable Posts) in 299333 Topics by 41503 Members
Latest Member: Emmay3333
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Discussions
| |-Comping Club  Tell us what you have won
| | |-Comping Club  I know this is going to sound ungrateful but...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: I know this is going to sound ungrateful but...  (Read 1766 times)  (Replies 4 posts)
Indiana
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« : Sunday 22 April 2012, 07:43:46 pm »
Go Up

Ok, so we all know sometimes we win things and they're not what you expected.This is one of those moments. I also know that seeing as we are not paying for it, we don't really have a right to complain but having said that, I'm still going to! Smile

Recently, I won a "Winter Wardrobe" for my daughter, which I was so, so excited about. The comp itself was fairly vague and didn't really say what was included and I can't remember what the prize value was or anything. Actually I can't even find the comp or terms and conditions anymore to check. However, I just received an email from the site that my prize was being shipped. Woohoo! I was super excited. Until I read what was included... A jacket, a dress and a skirt. To me this is for one, not especially "wintery" and two, hardly a wardrobe. Maybe I'm being greedy but I must say, I did expect a bit more than three items for a "wardrobe". Am I being silly or do you guys think that it would be fair to call it a "Winter Wardrobe"? Just want some perspective, please guys.

Also, I must mention that the site have been very good to deal with as they took a long time to get it together as they were having trouble finding my daughter's size for the items, so they credited my account with $15 out of goodwill, so not all bad. Smile
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Fingers crossed!
snuggle1

Recent Activity
9%

Taurus
Taurus

Goals and ambition are main ingredients of success

« Reply #1 : Sunday 22 April 2012, 07:49:06 pm »
Go Up

Check the details on this site.

Review stated terms and conditions, and if the prize value does not match with what is being provided, advise the promoter directly.

2024: $2000
2025:
2026:
sylph
The Dancing Pixie
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

Libra
Libra

« Reply #2 : Sunday 22 April 2012, 08:00:31 pm »
Go Up

I guess it's all in the perspective of it. I found a past comp to win a 'winter wardrobe' that consisted of "pair of boots, a pair of flats, a pair of heels and a bag", and another that was for a $400 'winter wardrobe' - for some people, that's a jumper. What constitutes a 'winter wardrobe' is defined by the individual, that's my reasoning. What was the total prize value?

The trouble with people lying to you because they think you're stupid, is that they're stupid enough to think you're that stupid in the first place.
Indiana
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #3 : Sunday 22 April 2012, 08:21:43 pm »
Go Up

Unfortunately, I can't find the comp anywhere and it doesn't come up in any searches on here so I guess I'll never know about the prize value. Sad I guess a win is a win and I should be grateful, regardless. Smile

Fingers crossed!
sylph
The Dancing Pixie
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

Libra
Libra

« Reply #4 : Sunday 22 April 2012, 08:52:52 pm »
Go Up

We all get disappointed when our expectations aren't fulfilled hun. Smile  I'm sure there's a lot of members that have been in the same boat.

The trouble with people lying to you because they think you're stupid, is that they're stupid enough to think you're that stupid in the first place.
Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0172 seconds with 10 queries.
Thursday 16 May 2024, 06:17:55 am from 18.118.37.240