Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 17 May 2024, 07:28:08 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,568 comps and freebies worth over $41,071,997.15 listed

That's over fourty one million, seventy one thousand, nine hundred and ninety seven dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017312 Total Posts (447145 Searchable Posts) in 299410 Topics by 41504 Members
Latest Member: Kton78
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Competition winners on ACA
Entry Details
  • Competition winners on ACA     Closing Date: Friday 28 September 2012

Prizes you can win
 Category  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 Next Last  All
Print
Author Topic: Competition winners on ACA  (Read 5227 times)  (Replies 29 posts)
brymad99

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #10 : Friday 21 September 2012, 10:11:35 am »
Go Up

I've been doing this for 3 yrs and im not even close to $40000,people always ask me how I win so much , I tell them it takes alot of time and effort and I still dont win nearly as much as others do ... With all the advertising these current affairs shows do many more people are doing it and there's alot more competition now
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

total : approx $13000 in prizes won since 1st august 2009
jivebug
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #11 : Friday 21 September 2012, 10:26:47 am »
Go Up

I agree Brymad99.   It is not always easy to win anything.  I guess alot of people after watching these types of shows will try their luck and find they don't win and lose interest.  We all know the hard work and effort that is needed.

Traveller
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #12 : Friday 21 September 2012, 11:28:52 am »
Go Up

It's usually the same story over and over. Additionally it plugs the other website that requires a payment. I cannot post which site but most know which I am referring to.

I've been a lazy comper (mainly internet issues) for 7 years and won about 20,000 in prizes. A friend (Non-accer) is in the 6 digit figure and won numerous holidays. Absolutely they enter and work harder than I do at comping. My friends think I win everything but they have really no idea. I like sharing my wins but if I won a big holiday I think I would be reluctant to tell people.

richar0
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #13 : Friday 21 September 2012, 12:51:12 pm »
Go Up

These big winners on tv claim they only spend 30 minutes per day doing comping to win these big prizes. I takes me hours to get through all of the "junk" emails that I end up subscribing in order to enter these competitions, let alone all of the creative time spent on the 25wol answers. And nowdays you also have to trawl through facebook regularly to keep up with it all as well.

snuggle1

Recent Activity
9%

Taurus
Taurus

Goals and ambition are main ingredients of success

« Reply #14 : Friday 21 September 2012, 07:59:36 pm »
Go Up

Why, oh, Why do they not advise about the downsides of comping: the stresses, strains, and anxiety that we have with each competition that we enter?

Not to mention if there is a requirement to purchase a specific item, and the person loses their money...or am I asking too much for there to be a more balanced account of comping?

Oh, and if there is a fee to be a member of the applicable site/sites?

2024: $2000
2025:
2026:
kiwinewbie
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« Reply #15 : Friday 21 September 2012, 11:23:40 pm »
Go Up

I was one of those people that did the interview. I spend 2 hours a day doing comping and about 6 hours of comping for the end of the month.

I don't buy anything I wouldn't use. I plan when it comes to in-store comps and the wins usually follow. I don't buy multiple products for one comp, well unless it's something our family would need.

Finding a way of comping without forking out alot of money, is the way I go. I also believe in karma and give alot of my unwanted prizes away instead of selling on ebay.

Winnings for 2006 $9,140.55
Winnings for 2007 $34,701.24
Winnings for 2008 $37,309.74
Winnings for 2009 $35,687.86
Winnings for 2010 $$33,879.31
Winnings for 2011 $21,978.50
snuggle1

Recent Activity
9%

Taurus
Taurus

Goals and ambition are main ingredients of success

« Reply #16 : Saturday 22 September 2012, 11:03:35 am »
Go Up

kiwinewbie,

Did, or will, you receive any remuneration for participating in the programme?

Furthermore, I believe that the issue regarding comping appears cyclicly around every three to six months.

My husband joined one of the paid for sites for three months, spent hours on a regular basis entering competitions, and won a double movie pass.

Would I love to win more?

Certainly. However, I also donate most of the prize wins, and Christmas, 2012, is just over three months away.

Regards,

snuggle1

2024: $2000
2025:
2026:
kiwinewbie
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« Reply #17 : Saturday 22 September 2012, 05:14:10 pm »
Go Up

I was not paid to do the interview. I am a huge fan of getting others to try comping and after the Tv interview I'd converted the camera man....

I promote both websites to everyone. If your a newbie and don't want to pay for a membership,  I say got straight to ACC I have been a member for over 6 years.  I tell them to go straight to Calendar and enter all comps closing tomorrow. I love ACC, it have a wonderful search engine and have made alot of friends .

As for the paid site, I do find I don't have to open every comp I get all the info I need in the title and I can put a tick or a cross or a question mark to come back to it... I only recieve comps that I can enter from my state and Australia wide that I'm eligable to enter.  I find it saves me alot of time and I comp maybe 2hrs a day, sometimes less. Although ACC brought out Compfolio after. Changing websites is like starting from the beginning...

It is a personal preference. You can post comps and get days membership free for your troubles.

And if ACC asked me to do an interview I would have done it too. I am a karma person and at the end of the year, what prizes I have left over got to special need support groups.

Hope it helps and I hope I haven't offended anyone or this website.

Winnings for 2006 $9,140.55
Winnings for 2007 $34,701.24
Winnings for 2008 $37,309.74
Winnings for 2009 $35,687.86
Winnings for 2010 $$33,879.31
Winnings for 2011 $21,978.50
Stormboy

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #18 : Saturday 22 September 2012, 09:15:08 pm »
Go Up

I work in a hospital and everyone asked me oh did she watch that show how to win competitions
I said yes i watched it but its not as easy as they made it out to be to win. It takes a lot of time
and effort. I have been comping a few years now but never won anything big i cant even seem to
win a movie ticket anymore and i am always entering. A lot of staff said they are going to join now
so they can win all these prizes that were mentioned on the show. I said good luck but its not that easy

spog777
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
9%

Virgo
Virgo

« Reply #19 : Saturday 22 September 2012, 10:00:02 pm »
Go Up

I make it a personal rule not to "fork" out for any comp I do - apart from  the odd stamp. I too spend hours upon hours doing comps. I never enter ones for trips as my wife doesn't like to travel so I peck away at the smaller comps. Apart from using the cinema tickets to go out to the movies on the cheap most of my wins are packed away for gifts (saves money Razz ) and I donate a large amount of the rest to our local library and school for competitions etc
Basically I do it for the challenge and the fun of getting an unexpected prize in the mail box.

Aussies-What Can't We do?
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 Next Last  All   Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0266 seconds with 12 queries.
Friday 17 May 2024, 07:28:08 pm from 3.144.245.175