Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Saturday 18 May 2024, 03:08:35 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,523 comps and freebies worth over $41,175,890.10 listed

That's over fourty one million, one hundred and seventy five thousand, eight hundred and ninety dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1017326 Total Posts (447159 Searchable Posts) in 299423 Topics by 41504 Members
Latest Member: Kton78
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Competition winners on ACA
Entry Details
  • Competition winners on ACA     Closing Date: Friday 28 September 2012

Prizes you can win
 Category  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3  All
Print
Author Topic: Competition winners on ACA  (Read 5230 times)  (Replies 29 posts)
njt28san

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #20 : Saturday 22 September 2012, 10:43:55 pm »
Go Up

I agree with stormboy, comping takes alot of effort and there is a downside.  I sometimes worry that people may form an addiction with it and overspend on buying products they don't really need making those text and numerous phone calls, being scammed and spammed and backache with all that sitting at a computer.  It can sometimes end up costing you more money.  Also entering prizes selfishly for part of a prize when it should be left for those people who have an interest in the product, particularly children.  On the positive side there is some great prizes and camaradie on the comping club website and it brings alot of joy to families, friends and colleagues who get to share in your winnings.  I enjoy comping and if it makes you happy, then why not! Razz
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

kiwinewbie
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« Reply #21 : Sunday 23 September 2012, 12:35:01 am »
Go Up

I never buy anything I would never use and at the end of the year empty my prize cupboards and what doesn't go on Chrissy presents for the family goes to special needs children. I am up to my 6th year now and although I wouldn't say comping is hard it can be time consuming. I don't enter competitions more then once I feel one answer is enough.

Addiction, well when you recieve that winning call or a huge parcel..that part keeps me going with comping.

I don't play lotto or even do scratches, your odds are better at entering other comps.

I also don't enter any comp unless I want it or have a friend/family member in mind

Winnings for 2006 $9,140.55
Winnings for 2007 $34,701.24
Winnings for 2008 $37,309.74
Winnings for 2009 $35,687.86
Winnings for 2010 $$33,879.31
Winnings for 2011 $21,978.50
colins

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #22 : Sunday 23 September 2012, 10:25:46 am »
Go Up

Well done kiwinewbie for making your comments.
The very big guns of the comping world never seem to come out like that and tell everyone how they do it. I believe some of the things they do is basically cheating...but that's only my opinion.
You're doing well kiwinewbie and good luck to you. My only criticsm is that you're wasting time on that other site when everything you need and more is right here at ACC!
I don't know if everyone saw this previous ACA report - It comes on after kiwinewbie's report and it's got some good suggestions from the magazine editor at the end.
Winning for a living
25 Jul 2012 | A Current Affair
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/money/8505442/winning-for-a-living

tigers
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #23 : Sunday 23 September 2012, 10:48:13 am »
Go Up

Arran

Recent Activity
17%

« Reply #24 : Sunday 23 September 2012, 12:32:20 pm »
Go Up

Each to their own, everyone has their own way of doing comping and the keen ones will keep at it!
 I have been comping for 45 years, I enjoy the challenge and will never get tired of those winning phone calls or Emails!   It is also nice to be able to be able to give some of the prizes away or treat the family.  The only catch nowadays is the amount of junk Emails, I was on a trip recently and could not access the internet, by the time I got home there was well over 2000 Emails waiting for me!  Easy to delete though!

brymad99

Recent Activity
0%

Scorpio
Scorpio

« Reply #25 : Sunday 23 September 2012, 12:51:56 pm »
Go Up

i have less time to enter these days and only enter for what i need,want or can give as a gift... i would never pay to join a comp site and only buy products i use for instore comps, even then i don't go overboard.

total : approx $13000 in prizes won since 1st august 2009
Indiorose

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #26 : Sunday 23 September 2012, 03:09:53 pm »
Go Up

I haven't seen the name Joanne Bowen on any winner's lists?

scout
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #27 : Sunday 23 September 2012, 03:13:06 pm »
Go Up

I confess I did pay to join another site, however I did not find it to be as friendly and welcoming as here and I did not find that it provided anything not available here.

However there is plenty of room for us all and we all find where we feel at home. I imagine most serious compers have tried more than one comping club.

My problem with stories about comping on ACA is that they are usually sponsored by one particular comping site (paying) and do not mention alternatives.

It annoys me that they say they are providing "inside" tips and secrets to being a successful comper but there is never anything new. We all know the basics...enter, enter, enter.....work on your WOL answers....enter less popular competitions etc. There is no "secret" to winning! Some of the tips offered on this program were quite laughable ...use a small envelope (most comps nowadays require a business size envelope).....send sms at 12 noon (it's RANDOM, but I have had most success early in the morning).....collect barcodes (seriously? do any comps still require barcodes rather than receipts as proof of purchase?)

The one positive about these stories is that family and friends realise we are not so strange after all....there are lots of others out there just as nuts about comping!

Indiorose

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #28 : Sunday 23 September 2012, 03:24:09 pm »
Go Up

I totally agree with you scout I love ACC.  I've been here a few years and feel very happy to be part of this community. The best advice I feel is to enter, enter and enter. I love the challenge of comping and of course the winning and enjoy the opportunity to either use, give away or sell my wins depending on my financial needs in the moment. It is hard work however and you need to put in the effort and I don't think that these stories emphasis that enough to the general public. And yes the down side is of course the never ending emails to sift through.

kiwinewbie
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« Reply #29 : Sunday 23 September 2012, 04:01:25 pm »
Go Up

I have my own personal email address for friends and family and another one for comping, I find it easy to filter out the junk and I recieve 180 emails a day.
I have been a member of ACC for years but I never knew who owned the site? I know there is alot of great Moderators. It would take the owner of ACC to approach today/tonight or ACA to get a story going and then get a couple of volunteers.

I always promte ACC first, then when they get serious they can decide from there...

I have never ever read that ebook and I would never buy a competition book. What I have learnt has come from other great compers and I am happy to pay it forward and help anyone else.

Winnings for 2006 $9,140.55
Winnings for 2007 $34,701.24
Winnings for 2008 $37,309.74
Winnings for 2009 $35,687.86
Winnings for 2010 $$33,879.31
Winnings for 2011 $21,978.50
Pages: Prev 1 2 3  All   Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0266 seconds with 12 queries.
Saturday 18 May 2024, 03:08:35 am from 3.147.61.242