Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Sunday 02 June 2024, 07:49:16 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,466 comps and freebies worth over $32,548,206.23 listed

That's over thirty two million, five hundred and fourty eight thousand, two hundred and six dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1018010 Total Posts (447843 Searchable Posts) in 300074 Topics by 41508 Members
Latest Member: leggoslave
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win a Skin Regime Prize pack/Rafflecopter Entry
Entry Details
  • Win Skin Regime Prize pack     Closing Date: Sunday 30 September 2012

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Entertainment 
Prizes may include Movie & Concert Tickets, Prize Packs, Passes, Cds, DVDs ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win a Skin Regime Prize pack/Rafflecopter Entry  (Read 428 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Saturday 22 September 2012, 05:52:06 am »
Go Up

http://thebeautyedge.com/the-skin-regime-boot-camp-for-beautiful-skin-giveaway/

Prize: Enter for your chance to win The Skin Regime Prize Pack worth 50! Two lucky winners will win a copy of The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin, a free t-shirt, a free drawstring bag, and a free glycolic peel sample!

Can you enter this giveaway daily?: Yes

Expiration Date: 09/30/12 and 11:59pm

Eligibility: WW18+

Rafflecopter Giveaway?: Yes

The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin Interview & Giveaway

Ready to get glowing youthful looking skin? There’s a new book that promises to show you exactly how get your skin back into shape! The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin reveals the truth about beauty products and skin care. The book guides you to the right and effective ingredients and what to look for in products.  It also helps you create a personalized regime based on products and advice most dermatologists recommend for their patients.

I had a personal interview with Dana Ramos, the creator and author of The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin. Here’s what she had to say about her new book and the regime.

What motivated you to write your book The Skin Regime? Can you tell us your story and what made you write this book?

“I wrote this book for you, for myself, and for good causes.  I came up with The Skin Regime concept because people were asking me how, at my age, I had such great and youth­ful-looking skin. I began spending a lot of time chatting with people about my skin story and how to get great skin. Sometimes I would simply say, “Just go see a good derma­tologist.” But a lot of people didn’t want to spend the time and expense for a doctor if they could do something on their own. They just wanted to know my personal regime. Finally, a light bulb went off and I figured I might as well write down everything I learned over the years from my own doctors and let the average person make their own decisions on what they want to try, or not try.”

Your book discusses a skin care boot camp, can you share more about it?

“The book tells the truth about what really works (and doesn’t) for skin care, and what are the basics for everyone – and the truth is, for basic skincare, a simple soap like Dove and a moisturizer like Lubriderm is all you need.  However, most people have more needs, so the “boot camp” phase is the 6-8 week phase where , if you decide you need it, you can whip your face into shape with the glycolic peel regime I describe in detail (and how to obtain the substances on the web).  You see, just like it takes 6-8 weeks of body “boot camp” to whip an out-of-shape body into shape, it takes about the same amount of dedicated time to whip the skin into shape–but the skin “boot camp” is FAR easier and quicker!”

What are the worst trends/habits you currently see people doing to their skin? What should they be doing instead?

“The single worst thing you can do for your skin–as every skin professional and dermatologist will tell you–is exposure to the sun.  I love the sun, but I use full-spectrum sunscreens to protect my skin.  The second worst thing–smoking.  These facts are well researched and documented.”

What makes The Skin Regime different from a number of skincare systems in the market?

“Ohhhh a lot.  For one, it tells the truth:  you don’t need a million different and/or expensive products.  There are no such things as “special ingredients,” – the stuff that works, that almost every dermatologist knows, is very simple.  Such as mild soap and moisturizers, sunscreens, Retin-A, glycolic peels, lasers if necessary, hydroquinone cream for melasma (discoloration).  There is no such thing as a facial-lift in a jar, and The Skin Regime exposes the baloney in the beauty industry.  And no one has ever made the kind of challenge to the beauty industry that The Skin Regime does on the first page of the book.”

What are the most difficult “switches” you have to make on The Skin Regime, if they are any?

“Learning to respect your skin by using makeups or other products with sunscreen in them.  And realizing that you might as well discard 90 percent of the stuff in your bathroom because they either don’t do anything, or might even work against you.”

If you could go back in time, what would you tell your 16-year-old self about skincare?

“PUT DOWN THAT BOTTLE OF BABY OIL, YOU IDIOT and put on sunscreen instead!  I grew up in Los Angeles, and surely did myself no favors on the beach, but luckily, I got smart in my late 20′s and started using Retin-A to help reverse the damage.”

What made you decide to team up with Dr. David Bank?

“Dr. Bank is my personal dermatologist for 15 years.  I have found him to be incredibly knowledgeable, full of integrity, very honest about the truth of what can and can’t be done.  When I took my first draft of the book to him, he loved it, which I found very encouraging.”

What changes would you like to see be made to the Skin Care industry?

“I want them to stop all the false advertising.  No industry is so rampant with false claims, and people are wising up–actually filing some lawsuits.  I mean, they hire a teenager or movie star with already-great skin, then put 20 layers of makeup on them, THEN air-brush the photos, and the ad will say, “Use our product and you’ll look like this…”  Hell, even the models and movies stars don’t look like that!   I’d feel that 99 percent of the beauty industry is right alongside of sham companies that claim a cream will “melt away fat,” or “enhance your breast size.”  Pul-leeeeeze!”

What’s next? Are you working on anything new?

“Oh yes.  The Body Regime is next.  Of course, I would like to expand The Skin Regime into its own product line of glycolic peels and makeup–with the very basics, no “secret” baloney ingredients, and the very lowest price possible…. which will be very inexpensive, as high-content glycolic products are not that expensive.  (Which is another thing that irritates me…. those high-end beauty companies that put ineffective levels of glycolic in their products and jack the price up ridiculously!”

Would you like to add anything else that I might have missed?

“A few things.  The Skin Regime is not just for women–men can use it as well.  It covers the entire body, not just the face–for instance, those little bumps on the back of arms that never go away?  Simple fix in The Skin Regime.  Cracked heels and dry hands?  I include a hand and foot “regime” that is as simple as the face regime.  Bottom line:  Simple and inexpensive.  Everything, even the book, which I insisted be priced below ten dollars!  Everyone can – and should – be able to afford great skin care!”

After reading The Skin Regime, I couldn’t wait to try it for myself! Follow me as I test out The Skin Regime during the next couple of weeks. I accepted the challenge, will you? Enter below for your chance to win The Skin Regime Prize Pack worth $50! Two lucky winners will win a copy of The Skin Regime: Boot Camp for Beautiful Skin, a free t-shirt, a free re-usable drawstring bag, and a free glycolic peel sample! Good Luck Beauties!

Official Rules:
This giveaway will end Sunday September 30, 2012 at 11:59 pm EST. It is  open to anyone over the age of 18. All entries will be verified. Winners will be chosen using Random.org. Winners will be announced on Monday October 1, 2012 both on this post and on the Facebook page and will be immediately contacted via email. Once notified, winners will have 72 hours to respond or a new winner will be selected.

(Photos courtesy of The Skin Regime)
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0109 seconds with 8 queries.
Sunday 02 June 2024, 07:49:16 pm from 18.189.194.38